This area is too quiet!

67 posts, 4 pages, 40,964 views

Stigu

#61 • • Stigu Belgian Chocolate

mayah, 14.9.2005 12:16:
Pardon my English..

There is a simple reason for not having a section in Russian (or any other language than english). The Admin doesn't speak any Russian. Neither does the moderators. So how do we control the conversation, if it turns into something rasist or illegal?

Well, it depends, are we, as a whole, mature enough not to let the forum degrade into a cesspool of racism and undereducated flaming?

Maybe, maybe not.

In any case, I think anyone is able to start a thread in any language they chose. If you keep reading a thread, aren't you in charge of yourself, of what you read and of what you take seriously... So why do we need a "big brother" moderating?

--
trying to figure out what I mean is like trying to push a square brick through a round hole.. eventually it'll go through...

Hard House Lady

#62 • • Hard House Lady
Fantastic area! I must tell about this to ppl I know who are coming to play in Finland....
AliCat

#63 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Big Brother is a terrible term for a moderator.

Personally, even if this is an english section, if you live in finland it is your responsability to learn finnish and every little helps.

Not so sure about the french tho :)

he he heeee...only kidding
Stigu

#64 • • Edited Stigu Belgian Chocolate
Let's take step back here...

Basically the reasons I've heard here so far for not having any other language then English would be that there would be no control over what is said...

Hello people, open your EYES... this is cyberspace... There isn't suposed to be anything that can be called "big brother" here.

Am I the only one in this fading "liberal" country who feels like cyberspace is the last location where there is any freedom left? Where not everything has been cut and sliced to fit into whatever "social order" is dominant at the time?

Ah.. good to get that beginning of a rant out of the way..

--
trying to figure out what I mean is like trying to push a square brick through a round hole.. eventually it'll go through...

homppa

#65 • • Edited homppa

Stigu, 24.11.2005 21:24:
Let's take step back here...

Basically the reasons I've heard here so far for not having any other language then English would be that there would be no control over what is said...

Hello people, open your EYES... this is cyberspace... There isn't suposed to be anything that can be called "big brother" here.

Am I the only one in this fading "liberal" country who feels like cyberspace is the last location where there is any freedom left? Where not everything has been cut and sliced to fit into whatever "social order" is dominant at the time?

Ah.. good to get that beginning of a rant out of the way..

u should have continued :P

anyways, cyberspace is far from being free...anyhow i believe Russian section would add a lot to this forum as there is really quite a big number russian speaking people here...also if not understanding what would be said there is a problem, why not add one russian speaking mod into ur crew?
Loraine Stok

#66 • • Loraine Stok Loraine
Hello *pepsodent* hahahha
Just curious what all English spoken folks do here *blush* Seems like there are more Dutch and Belgian folks are around this place lately too *whaat*
twistedsushi

#67 • • twistedsushi Nihil declaro

trikSain, 15.12.2002 22:33:
about that russian area: dumaju 4to esli zdes jest russkie ljudi to bil bi horosho jesli bil takoi russkii raion!! So how about that! All in for...? *nauraa**nauraa**hih**vink*

da eta bil bi klasna *hih*

--
Itse valitset puolesi.