MR VELCRO FASTENER - 29.9 @ Teatterilubi (Joensuu)

1 post, 1 page, 564 views

#1 • • tykkiklubi Guest
tykkiklubiflyerprevikkame4.jpg

Suomen johtava elektropumppu - MR VELCRO FASTENER saapuu ensimmäistä kertaa Joensuuhun. Luvassa on tunnin setti tyylikästä ja tiukkaa elektroa ilman mitään laptop-leikkimistä. Nyt loppuvuodesta tulee 10 vuotta täyteen Velcron taivalta ja sen kunniaksi ilmestyy tuplacd, joka sisältää päivityksen viimeisimmästä "Telemacho" albumista, sekä harvinaisuuksia ja klassikoita vuosien varrelta.

TYKKIKLUBI järjestetään nyt ensimmäistä kertaa ja tulee myös jatkossa tarjoamaan kovia elektronisen musiikin artisteja (dubstep,elektro,jungle,breaks,brokenbeat jne)

MR VELCRO FASTENER (TKU)
+ Tykkideejiit Kalewi ja Kilautus soittaa sillisalaattia

LA 29.09.2007 @ TEATTERIKLUBI | LIPUT 6 e

http://www.myspace.com/mrvelcrofastener
http://www.mrvelcrofastener.com/
http://www.myspace.com/tykkiklubi

21.12 - Dubstep spesiaali.

velcronettifn0.jpg

MR VELCRO FASTENER

The finnish electro-group of Tatu Metsätähti and Tatu Peltonen, was formed more than ten years ago when they met in school, and soon noticed that they had similar interests in music. After few years exploring electronic music the duo had discovered their artistic direction and a name for the act: Mr Velcro Fastener originated! At the end of summer -97 the group was ready with the first serious recording sessions; the "Wad EP", was released on their own label Tie Entertainment in the beginning of 1998. The record was noticed in the genre and got many boasting reviews all around the world. Few months after the second EP (the title "Robots 4 Life" was borrowed from NWA's "Niggaz 4 Life" and was a kind of a tribute to the duo's hiphop-background) came out on Tie Entertainment as well.

The next step was to join the German label i220 Music (ELP) which introduced the band with another 12" ("The Tie Entertainers" by the way included a very early mix of "Electric Appliances") followed by their legendary debut album "Lucky Bastards Living Up North". The album consisted of selected tracks from the limited pressings of the first two EP's plus a few brand new tracks. In the beginning of the new millennium their new single "Who's Gonna Bend" was again very well noticed. Tracks from the 12" featured on Dave Clarke's mix compilation "World Service" and Pete Tong's radio playlist but was also in heavy rotation in underground electro scene by DJ's such as Keith Tenniswood of Two Lone Swordsmen.

In spring 2001 the "Lucky Bastrads" album was licensed to USA by New York based Statra Recordings and it was followed by an US tour. After finishing the second full length album "Otherside" (this time the material was specifically made to create an album-like entity), the guys were busy doing remixes and collaborating with artists like Giant Robot, and Erlend Øye (Kings of Convenience / Röyksopp). In winter 02-03 the Velcro-project conquered UK radiostations with the re-release of "Electric Appliances" (with a remix by the british breaks-duo Plump DJ's) and another two-track 12" on Electrix Records . In the meantime the Velcro Tatu's were compiling a collection of their favourite tunes for EFA "Deep Inside" compilation series. Along with the mix CD the band released also a retrospective "Thales of Miletos" CD/2LP which included the best materieal of the pre-velcro era - recordings from 1993-1996.

In 2004 Mr Velcro Fastener returned to the studio for making new music. While making remixes for finnish pop groups (The Crash, Maj Karma) and international techno acts (Marco Carola, DK8) the group started also working on a new album which was released in March 2006. "Telemacho" CD was accompanied with two EPs: "The Flock" included tracks from the album plus a stunning remix from swedish top producer Joel Mull when "Čapek" features a remix from Sasse, the hottest berliner at the moment.

MR VELCRO FASTENER DISCOGRAPHY

ALBUMS
1999 - Lucky Bastards Living Up North [i220 Music/ Statra]
2002 - Otherside [i220 Music / Statra]
2003 - Thales of Miletos 93-96 [Zenit]
2003 - MRVF presents Deep:Inside Vol.2 [e:motion]
2006 - Telemacho [Stars Music]

SINGLES
1998 - Wad EP [Tie Entertainment]
1998 - Robots 4 Life [Tie Entertainment]
1999 - The Tie Entertainers [i220 Music]
1999 - Which Scenario [i220 Music]
2000 - Electric Appliances rmxs [i220 Music]
2000 - Who's Gonna Bend [i220 Music]
2001 - Otherside Part One [i220 Music]
2002 - Otherside Part Two [i220 Music]
2003 - Electric Appliances [Air]
2003 - Velcropopvichy [Electrix]
2005 - Gone Mad [Electrix]
2005 - The Flock [Stars Music]

COMPILATION APPEARANCES
1998 - HR3/XXL Clubnight Volume 3 by Mark Spoon [Sony Music] - "Real Robots"
1999 - The State of E:Motion Vol.7 [EFA Medien] - "Electric Appliances"
2000 - The State of E:Motion Vol.8 [EFA Medien] - "Bend"
2000 - Tinsel Town - Music From The BBC TV Series [BBC Music] - "Number of The Beats" & "Paradise Valley"
2001 - Mode2.Metrobus [Mass Transit] - "Testarossa"
2001 - Dave Clarke: World Service [React] - "Bend"
2002 - Korento Compilation 01 [Dum Records] - "Vamos"
2002 - DefiningTech [Orbisonic/Manifesto] - "This is it"
2002 - Nu Skool Breaks [Telstar] - "Electric Appli