L I Q U I D | C R Y S T A L | S O U N D S pres: "Expression" | 3rd Birthday! 13.11.2009 @ Turku

46 posts, 3 pages, 8,486 views

Progression

#22 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Replying to L I Q U I D | C R Y S T A L | S O U N D S pres: "Expression" | 3rd Birthday! 13.11.2009 @ Turku:

thomas, 12.11.2009 17:05:
---

sets will be recorded.. i hope ? can't make it.. sorry :(

We'll be bringing a Mac down for recording on... *nuotti* so up to the dynamic duo (Homegrove & Monkey). Anyway, i'm sure we'll end up with some form of audio entertainment recorded from this Birthday Bonanza! :)
akiapina

#23 • • Edited akiapina apinaki

Replying to L I Q U I D | C R Y S T A L | S O U N D S pres: "Expression" | 3rd Birthday! 13.11.2009 @ Turku:

Liquid Crystal, 12.11.2009 16:33:
20 -22 Aki A + Homegrove... *piis* (special 2hr back2back set with a few classics throw in!)

Meidän setti tulee sisältämään kevyempää mutta silti groovella varustettua housea, ja eiköhän sinne muutama klasarikin mahdu :) Tässä muutama mun levylaukusta löytyvä vanhempi biisi:

Azymuth: Jazz Carnival (Global Communication's Space Jazz Mix) 1996

Deep Dish: Stay Gold 1996

Lexicon Avenue: Here I Am (Rutabaga Mix) 1998

Raff 'n Freddy: Deep Progress 2000

Tässä vielä linkki mun uusimpaan miksaukseen, eiköhän siitäkin tuu jotain biisejä soitettua :)

http://klubitus.org/musiikki.php?id=7300
tattistus

#26 • • tattistus Xperience Nights
how was it? *hymy*
Progression

#27 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

tattistus, 14.11.2009 23:00:
how was it? *hymy*

Phew! :)

A pretty damn good Birthday event!!! We all finally got some sleep around 7.30am after a delicious helping of fine music from all DJ's, Cake, Happy faces and a lil' afterparty. A huge thanks to Chris Cargo who rocked the decks! Superb set and had the dancefloor rockin'. Now it's round 2 as we prepare for the second part of Chris Cargo's DJ set.
This time @ the "Lil Louis Afterparty" at Playground, HKI. *piis*
Homegrove

#28 • • Homegrove Further
Tunes of the night were

Bedrock - Emerald (Henry Saiz Remix)
&
Little Boots - Earthquake (Sasha Remix)

No idea who played them, Laphroaig did it's thing with my memory. ;)

--
Forward thinking house music

silva

#29 • • silva
Happy birthday LCS and huge thanks for a great night!

We arrived a bit too late, sadly missed the most of Ali's and Mark's sets, but Chris Cargo really kept us on the dancefloor :) I got blisters all over my feet thanks to all the dancing, but it was definitely worth it! *tanssittel* And of course Progression wrapped the night up perfectly. *joo*

Kiitos myös seurasta kaikille, ihana oli nähdä, joitakin vieläpä todella pitkästä aikaa!

Looking forward to many more years to come for LCS! *piis*
Timce

#30 • • Edited Timce
HPD LCS!

Can't remember shit about the evening, as usual, but one thing that I just can't get out of mi head is seeing Smirker going topless in the dj-booth. Christ... :D

--
-Cook the man some fucking eggs-

-Jake the Muss

Progression

#31 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Timce, 17.11.2009 12:49:
HPD LCS!

Can't remember shit about the evening, as usual, but one thing that I just can't get out of mi head is seeing Smirker going topless in the dj-booth. Christ... :D

I think there was plenty of *känni* going on!

That magical Booli did the trick... and did it early on! :) Smirker always brings "The Law unto himself" *piis* ...so if u hate 12" Happy Hardcore tattoo's, stay away from him! He likes it to be seen :D

Anyway, I am sure that you can somehow also recall the James Talk & Dave Spoon remix of "Liquid - Sweet Harmony" that I dropped.

You went absolutely NUTS!!! ...Hehe...One can never beat a bit of old skool slipped into a set.

Cheers for showing up. Glad you had a blast!
Timce

#32 • • Timce

Progression
Anyway, I am sure that you can somehow also recall the James Talk & Dave Spoon remix of "Liquid - Sweet Harmony" that I dropped.

You went absolutely NUTS!!! ...Hehe...One can never beat a bit of old skool slipped into a set.

Ah..Thanks for reminding me, that I CAN remember. ;) Now that we've opened the floodgates...I think I heard Age of love about a dozen times? Can anyone concur?

--
-Cook the man some fucking eggs-

-Jake the Muss

Liquid Crystal

#35 • • Liquid Crystal www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

silva, 15.11.2009 23:14:
Happy birthday LCS and huge thanks for a great night!

Thank you :) We're glad to hear that you had a blast! *joo*

Liquid Crystal Sounds would like to thank each and every person who came along to support the LCS "Expression" 3rd BIRTHDAY event. We certainly had a party to remember!

Aki A and Homegrove set the atmosphere from their very first tune at 8pm. A legendary back2back set with a fantastic selection of deep yet rolling house music! Perfect warmup material as the people arrived for some celebratory Birthday cake *kuolaa* & "that" legendary Booli *pihkassa* (it worked!)

Consistent feedback throughout the night clearly highlighted that the standard of music was of the highest order. Ali King & Mark Kinnier raised the tempo for Ministry Of Sound's CHRIS CARGO! Chris's pumpin', energetic and groovy selections certainly worked with the dancefloor showing their full appreciation! A brilliant performance!

The final hour was finished by DJ Progression who kept the pace rolling. Some harder progressive tunage filled with the occasional heavy piano breakdown & lush strings.

A final thanks to Ville, Anny, Steve, Tundra and all the people who helped to organise, promote and execute this LCS Birthday event.

Looking forward to many more years to come for LCS! *piis*

After a pretty grueling weekend, we'll be having a little break before getting back to the drawing board. We'll be returning with a bang in 2010... So keep it locked... and keep up the great support!

See you all soon & cheers for now :) LCS crew *nuotti*
Chantola

#37 • • Chantola Black Hole / Spinnin / Club86 / Baroque / Bonzai

Homegrove, 17.11.2009 22:09:
---
AliCat, 17.11.2009 16:53:
Lookin forward to hearin Hannu and Akis recorded B2B set!

---

Me too! :D

Yes... tune of the evening. 2raumwohnung - Wir werden sehen (Solomun Vox mix) BRILLIANT!!!

and musically the whole night was pure awesomeness..=) keep on raving!
akiapina

#39 • • akiapina apinaki
Hauskaa oli, onnea vaan 3-vuotiaalle LCS:lle! b2b Homegroven kanssa meni varsin kivasti, ja mun mielestä Mark & Ali soittivat molemmat ihan saamarin hyvää soundia, kohokohtia mm. Lemon Interrupt - Dirty ja Samuel L. Session - Chimes. Ihmiset saapuivat paikalle totuttuun tapaan melko myöhään, Cargon setin aikana lattiallakin näytti olevan jo hyvä meininki! Hyvää bassovoittoista jytää, harmi että Gavinin setti jäi kuulematta. Katsotaan jos toi meidän setin nauhoitus onnistui jos sen sais vaikka jakoon :)
thomas

#40 • • thomas

akiapina, 18.11.2009 18:51:
Hauskaa oli, onnea vaan 3-vuotiaalle LCS:lle! b2b Homegroven kanssa meni varsin kivasti, ja mun mielestä Mark & Ali soittivat molemmat ihan saamarin hyvää soundia, kohokohtia mm. Lemon Interrupt - Dirty ja Samuel L. Session - Chimes. Ihmiset saapuivat paikalle totuttuun tapaan melko myöhään, Cargon setin aikana lattiallakin näytti olevan jo hyvä meininki! Hyvää bassovoittoista jytää, harmi että Gavinin setti jäi kuulematta. Katsotaan jos toi meidän setin nauhoitus onnistui jos sen sais vaikka jakoon :)

kulturenstekno