[reiv:] is proud to present one of the few true superstar dj's in the world,
the one and the only "Lizard man":
MAURO PICOTTO (Italy)
FRIDAY 29.10.2010 @ THE CIRCUS HELSINKI
* Multimillion selling electronic music artist
* One of the most respected DJ/artist in the world for the last 20 years
* Musician, ex member of Cappella, originator or 80’s Raf
* most succesful dj/producer from Italy
* 7 solo albums out
* Several UK top #30 hits. Highest position in UK chart #5, #13 & #15
* Topped few times Italy #1
* First DJ to perform live on BBC Television's Top of the Pops.
* Run award winning “Meganite” at Priviledge/Space Ibiza (now 8th year)
* Has voted the best Ibiza DJ and similar other winnings too many to mention
* DJ mag TOP100 highest techno dj
* Producer of legendary 49rs, among zillion others
* Remixes for Freddie Mercury, Jimmy Somerville, Pet Shop Boys and U2
* A living legend.
Mauro Picotto is an Italian DJ who began his career in 1984, at the age of eighteen, at a club in Piedmont called Top Sound. Following his studies he devoted himself full time to his passion as a DJ and in 1988 he became a finalist in the Italian DMC. In 1989 he won the Walky Cup Competition, broadcast on TV, which enshrined him as the best Italian DJ.
The same year he devoted much of his time to the production of his first album as R.A.F., and he soon became one of the leading producers at Media Records, of which he would eventually become a partner.
In the meantime he began to produce himself, releasing massive tracks including Bakerloo Symphony, Iguana and Komodo to name a few, though his fame is mainly due to Lizard, a track that turned into a musical style, receiving awards and accolades from all territories, pushing Mauro to the Olympus of the Top 10 most popular DJs in the world.
In 2001 he began his metamorphosis, leaving Media records and creating Bakerloo and the label Alchemy. His productions would vary in genres from dance to trance, the most sophisticated techno to an evolution of all that is homemade music.
In 2003 Mauro Picotto created Meganite - Electronic Music Lifestyle - a successful club party linked to the best DJs of the moment. For the Meganite events he has had on his side top artists known today as Chris Liebing, Marco Carola and Adam Beyer, all playing alongside Mauro as Meganite resident DJs. Since the very beginning, the selection of artists chosen for Meganite has been of the highest quality for an evening mainly based on innovative electronic music, a cocktail of pure energy and emotion.
Mauro Picotto has released over 600 productions and numerous remixes, and to date he has sold over six million copies worldwide. He has played in best clubs with the most famous Djs, as well as having participated in all the major events, from Love Parade to Creamfields, MTV Festival, Winter Olympics in Turin, Ultra, Time Warp and Awakenings.
In 2010 Mauro released his new album, which anticipates his impeccable and unique style for dance music lovers.
Mauro is resident in Italy, and in addition to collecting air miles, he lives between Spain and England where he has family. You can follow him daily on Facebook (Meganite & Mauro Picotto) and on Twitter (MauroPicottoDJ).