Alex Kunnari - New Life(ITWT, Black Hole Recordings)

4 posts, 1 page, 2,098 views

alex kunnari

#1 • • Edited alex kunnari
Alex Kunnari - New Life

Artist: Alex Kunnari
Title: New Life
Genre: Big Room/Progressive Trance
Label: In Trance We Trust
Release Date: TBA
Reviewed by: Cat Martin

Winging its way to us from the In Trance We Trust imprint of Black Hole is ‘New Life’, the latest offering from Finnish producer Alex Kunnari. On the remix duties are none other than George Acosta and rising talent, Weirdness.

New Life (Original Mix)
I was expecting big things from this track and true to form, soon we’re hit with a bass that’s fatter than Pavarotti. This is the driving force behind the track’s groove, but soon the bass falls lower in the mix as we approach the first breakdown in a siren-like wall of sound. By contrast, the breakdown is quite delicate with sumptuous pads and a pluck taking centre stage. The build up is a symphony of sweeps, kick rolls and tension as that bass drops in again with a double shot of adrenaline. The track’s middle is driving and full of energy, perfect for those dancefloor moments. Not to be one to follow trends, Kunnari treats us again to another breakdown, but this time the intensity is turned up and we have some menacing sounding pad stabs which carry on until sadly, we reach the outro. Awesome!

New Life (George Acosta Remix)
I’m a big fan of George Acosta’s music in general so I was pretty pleased when this remix landed in my inbox. With his slant on ‘New Life’, Acosta has again lived up to expectations. The combination of a wobbly bass, sidechained pads and shuffling percs is mesmerizing. The first breakdown (yes, there will be two) has a retro feel to it with Balearic sounding pads and keys stamping out the melody. After the track drops again, we are driven forward by a techy pluck playing out the track’s main melody until, rather abruptly, we are thrown into the second breakdown. This is the big one, filtered percussion and atmospheric pads pave the way for that final drop, which really delivers.

New Life (Weirdness Remix)
Imagine the original mix after a few shots of espresso and you’ll have the Weirdness remix. The tempo has been upped and the track has taken an altogether more techy approach, perfect for those 4am sets. Weirdness is a new name to me and one I’ll definitely be looking out for if this is the kind of music he’s churning out, solid stuff from this young Finnish producer.
alex kunnari

#2 • • alex kunnari
GREAT news!!
New Life feedback:
Tiësto 5/5, Julius Beat 5/5, Dimitri Kechagias 5/5, Tom Cloud 5/5, Phynn 5/5..
Paul Oakenfold 4/5, Andy Moor 4/5, Lange 4/5, M.I.K.E 4/5, Blake Jarrell 4/5, Ronski Speed 4/5, Robbie Rivera 4/5, Cosmic Gate 4/5, Ernesto vs Bastian 4/5, Lisa Lashes 4/5, Rank 1 4/5, Andy Duguid 4/5, Daniel Kandi 4/5, Airbase 4/5, Flash Brothers 4/5, Jon O'bir 4/5, Jochen Miller 4/5 and so one.. : )

Kuuntele tästä:
SamHard

#3 • • SamHard
Ei nyt oikeen natsannu! Poppia ja ilman vocaleja vielä!
Wolverine

#4 • • Wolverine
Ihan hyvä biisi, ei varmaan tule olemaan mikään 10 vuoden päästä fiilisteltävä kappale mut kyllä tällä hetkellä toimii.