Iso Roobertinkatu 10
00120 Helsinki

TICKETS

Advance: 10€ (incl. bf) from Tiketti, http://www.tiketti.fi
Door: 10€ before 23:00, 12€ €after

EVENT @ FACEBOOK:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=169239923111395

10986531606f0.jpg

Introducing: Hector Couto (This interview is from http://www.beatportal.com/)

Spain’s Canary Islands aren’t exactly known for being a hotbed of electronic musicians. Sometimes it seems like Hector Couto is attempting to single-handedly correct that: in just two years he’s turned out more than 150 singles, EPs, and compilation tracks.

But even given that staggeringly prolific rate of productivity, Couto hasn’t let quantity trump quality. Full of hooks, his groove-heavy deep house and tech house productions distinguish themselves with a rich, full, finely detailed sound.

We caught up with the DJ, producer, and founder of Pura Music.
How did you get started DJing and making music? What was the scene in Canarias like?

I started producing six years ago. I have good memories of that time, and even I keep all my productions from that era. Over time I have been adapting to the new sounds of the dance floor, but always with a very personal touch.

The scene in the Canary Islands has always been very difficult for artists here, but little by little we’re getting a foothold in the world of music, and that’s something I feel proud of.

Who gave you your first big break in the business?

I think in some ways I can’t attribute my first success to anyone else. I worked hard and still do, to improve every day.

What’s your preferred time of night (or day) to play, and how would you describe your DJ sets?

The truth is that I have no set schedule for playing or producing. I really enjoy playing in clubs and watching people enjoy and react. My sets are a fresh sound and many good grooves, and of course I always play many of my own productions.

How do you explain your music to your family members, and what’s their reaction?

They have always supported me in my musical side; it has never been a problem for them.

Where do you record (bedroom, home studio, dedicated studio) and what kind of gear/software are you using?

I have a home studio, and I use many programs: FL Studio, Logic 8, many VSTs, etc. I worry a lot about the sound of my studio. I am a maniac about monitors and audio cards, and I always try to get an excellent sound.

When you sit down to make a track, what’s the first thing you typically do?

I always start by making a good groove with a good bass, and then I begin to make the track around that.

When did you first feel that you had finally discovered your own individual sound as a DJ and/or producer?

Two years ago, when I decided to try new rhythms and sounds and came up with tracks like ‘’La Caleta’’ (Soulman Music).

How would you say your productions have changed since you first began recording?

They have changed a lot, because now I see music as an occupation, and earlier it looked more like a hobby.

Which record (by another producer) do you wish that you had made?

Radio Slave’s ‘Koma Koma (Steve Lawler Remix)’. I love this track!!!

What’s the philosophy behind your label, Pura Music?

Make good music and have good artists. There is more and more competition from other record labels in the market, but for the short time that we working on Pure Music, we are having very good results.

If you weren’t a musician, what would you be doing with your life?

I don’t know, but I probably would be studying in order to form something in relation to music.

What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned since you began your musical career, and what advice would you give to someone who’s just getting started?

We must never give up. Try to better yourself every day.
Playground

#2 • • Playground
Hector Couto bio:

Originally from the Canary Islands (Spain), this young producer and DJ, has managed to evolve with time and innovate musically with an eclectic style, fusing many styles and sounds, but always with a strong groove, which is characterized by.

Saved Records, Nulogic Records, Noir Music, Starlight, Break New Soil, Toolroom, Presslab ... These are just some of the many labels he has released his own music, getting repeatedly sneak into the top 100 of deep house and tech house Beatport, also highlight its role as a DJ and has played in numerous clubs nationally and internationally causing very good reactions from the public.

Currently owns his own record label: Pura Music, which since its inception is causing widespread acceptance by major DJs and music professionals worldwide.

His aim this year is to continue evolving and creating good music for everyone.
Playground

#3 • • Playground
Ennakkoliput nyt myynnissä Tiketissä!
Playground

#4 • • Playground
Timetable:

ROOM 1:

22:00 Flink
00:00 Orion
01:30 Hector Couto

ROOM 2:

23:00 Milla Lehto
02:30 Reza
Playground

#5 • • Playground
Tänään taas Pleikkarin lattia on tulessa!