The Breakfast Club @ Diskobar Loop

4 posts, 1 page, 1,970 views

mr.a

#1 • • mr.a
thebreakfastclub_rgb.jpg

"They were total strangers, with nothing in common, meeting for the first time. Before the night was over, they broke the rules. Bared their souls. And touched each other in a way they never dreamed possible.

They only met four times, but it changed their lives their lives forever."

Mr.A welcomes you to a very special afterhours experience - the curtains are drawn at Diskobar Loop only 4 times in July to the sounds of nu-disco, deep house, chillout and alternative.

This is The Breakfast Club, this is Helsinki 2010. Every sunday morning in July from 05am until 10 am.

SUNDAY 04.07 OPENING PARTY
LAURI SOINI (NERD NETWORK, NOLLA)
MR.A

SUNDAY 11.07
FLIPPERI (HELSINKI 78-82, TOP BILLIN!)
MR.A

SUNDAY 18.07
DJ SHOPLIFTER (FAG YOU!, I´M GONNA TELL YA MUM)
MR.A

SUNDAY 25.07 FAREWELL PARTY
DALLAS aka DJ SNAKEFINGERZ (NOLLA)
MR.A

DISKOBAR LOOP, FREDA 42B
SUNDAY MORNINGS IN JULY FROM 05 AM - 10AM
AGE 20
TICKETS 6€ (inc. breakfast)

FACEBOOK GROUP: HERE
mr.a

#2 • • Edited mr.a
Lainattu facebookista:

Myönnä pois. "Aamubileillä" on tietty klangi. Meet jonnekkin hämyiseen loukkoon missä jengi pyörii vailla mitään tajua mistään. Strobo hakkaa ja musa pauhaa viimeisetkin rippeet susta ja aamun tullen suu maistuu pumpulilta ja mietit mihin vittuun mun kaikki frendit hävis.

Okei okei myönnetään - kaikki me ollaan joskus oltu niissä. Hyvissä.

Mä oon miettinyt pitkään miten sais yhdistettyä sellasen tietynlaisen hyvän fiiliksen ilman, että strobo hakkaa, musa pauhaa ja naapurit ei välttämättä häiriintyis, tiäks sellaisen himajatkobilemeiningin, missä kaikki on jollain tasolla frendejä, noh ainakin täältä facebookista, ja jos tuntuu siltä että joku käy liikaa hermoille, voi sen passittaa himaan.

Noh.

Heinäkuussa tää nyt sitten toteutetaan. Mä oon kutsunut mun vieraaksi mun mielestä Helsingin parhaat DJ:t jotka kaikki edustaa omalla sarallaan helvetin kovia juttuja, ja jotka saletisti pystyy luomaan sellaisen fiiliksen, mikä syntyy kun sulla on hyvät frendit kasassa, kaikilla on hirvee kiire soittaa just niitä omia parhaita biisejä youtubesta tai itunesista, jengi tanssii pöydillä ja ikkunoissa ja tuntuu että tää hetki on just tässä ja nyt.

Lauri Soini on tehnyt paljon kovia juttuja. Se vääntää diskoa, italoa ja kaikkea hämyä bailumusaa. Promonnut kovia iltoja Nollassa, Redrumissa, Siltasessa ja tuonut Helsinkiin ihan hävyttömän määrän artisteja, Daniel Wangista Lifelikeen ja Aeroplaneen. Senpä takia se oli aivan ehdoton valinta avajaisiin. Hell yeah!

Heikki aka Flipperi aka Pinball tekee musaa myös Helsinki 78-82 aliaksella ja kuuluu ehkäpä stadin kovimpaan greisibailuposseen nimeltä Top Billin. Se on reissanut mm. lämppäämässä M.I.A:a sen Kanadan kiertueella ja vaikka se onkin Eestiläinen, on se to-della aito jäbä ja helvetin kova nudiskomies. Mahtavaa!

Riku Shoplifterin musatietous on jotain täysin käsittämätöntä eikä varmasti vähiten sen Levykauppa X:n duunien takia. Se reissaa tasaiseen tahtiin Berliinissä ja kuuleman mukaan imee sieltä vaikutteita. Fag You! klubi on jo legenda - eikä Loopin I´m gonna tell ya Mum illoissakaan ole paljoa istuskeltu. Fresh!

Kuun vikana viikonloppuna taidetaan räjäyttää osa Fredaa sitten lopullisesti taivaan tuuliin. Jos oot joskus kuullut Dallasin mega eklektiivisiä settejä vaikka Siltasessa, Kuudennella Linjalla tai vaikka Bar Lamasissa, tiedät mistä mä puhun. Ei voi kun ihmetellä Dallasin kykyä yhdistellä omia ja (välillä vähän lainattuja) juttuja ja ei ois mikään ihme vaikka samassa setissä sois Dolly Partonia ja Justicea. Älytöntä.

Semmoista.

Eli pidemmittä puheitta, nähdään Heinäkuussa neljänä sunnuntai aamuna Loopissa. Ota sun parhaat kaverit mukaan, ja jos tuntuu siltä, ota ovella kengät pois jalasta ja jätä ne meidän Laurille narikkaan. Se tulee kans pitämään huolen siitä, että meno pysyy tarpeeksi aisoissa eikä peikot tuu liikaa hilluun.

xxxAna.
mr.a

#3 • • Edited mr.a
From Facebook:

Ok ok lets admit it. "Afterhours" has that certain image to it. You go to a shady club (hole) where the people are hustling around, the strobe is beating you to an oblivion and the music is pumping so loud you can bearely hear your own thoughts. And when it dawns, your cottonmouth is killing you and wonder where the fuck all your friends disappered.

Ok ok I admit, we all have been there. Done that. Wore the shoes. Won a t-shirt. Twatted.

I´ve been thinking about this for a long time of how to combine that certain kind of spirit without the strobes, loud music and your neighbours trying get you evicted, you know that certain lets-go-all-back-to-mine feeling, where everyone is a friend (well, at least from facebook lol) and if you feel like someone´s hustling or busting up the place, you can just throw them out yourself. Fuckers.

Well.

In July 2010 all this is happening. I´ve invited in my opinion the best DJ´s and artists in Helsinki who all in their field represent the most diverse and interesting things, and are able to create that certain feeling when you have your best mates around, everyone´s too busy to spin that amazing track from youtube or itunes, and there´s people dancing on tables and wherever and you feel like this is it. This is the fuckin moment. Wooah.

Lauri Soini has done shitloads of cool things. He plays disco, italo and all kinds of obscure and leftfieldish partymusic. He has promoted nights at Bar Nolla, Redrum and Siltanen and has brought artists such as Daniel Wang, Lifelike and Aeroplane to Helsinki. Quite simply - he was the most obvious choice for the opening party.

Heikki a.ka Flipperi a.ka Pinball co-produces music under the alias of Helsinki 78-82, and he´s also part of the notorius Top Billin crew. He´s been travelling abroad supporting M.I.A on her Canadian tour and even though he´s originally from Estonia, he´s one of the most sincere and real dudes around, and on top of all that, simply one of the best (nu)disco DJ´s I know.

DJ Shoplifter knows everything about music and probably not least because of his late work at the Helsinki´s Recordshop X. He travels to Berlin regularly, promotes the infamous and already legendary Fag You! club at Nolla, as well as I´m gonna tell ya Mum at Loop.

On the last date in July there´s a slight possibility that we´re gonna blow off part of Fredrikinkatu to pieces. If you ever had the chance to hear DJ Dallas´super eclective sets either in Siltanen, Kuudes Linja or even at Bar Llamas, you know what I´m talkin about. I cannot help but wonder his abilites to connect anything from Dolly Parton to Justice and beyond in his sets.

There we go.

SO without further due, I will see you guys in July. For four sunday mornings only. Bring your dearest friends along and if you feel like, leave your shoes at the door. (I know - its a weird finnish custom.) Lauri "The Bouncer" will take care of them and is also in charge of the worst-case gurners.

One love,

xxxMr.A

ps. Breakfast is REALLY served.