JAY LAMAR - FUTOURIST [DISCOTECA MUSIC, RELEASE 25 FEB]

1 post, 1 page, 456 views

#1 • • balErik Guest
NEXT RELEASE ON DISCOTECA MUSIC 25 OF FEBRUARY:
DM002Small.jpg

Jay Lamar - Futourist (Original, Dana Berguist & Sui Generis Mix)
Samples:
http://www.myspace.com/discotecamusic

Release number two comes courtesy of Finland's rising star, Jay Lamar. With his productions receiving support from Satoshi Tomiie, Danny Tenaglia, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, Desyn Masiello and Laurent Garnier to name but a few, and releases on Extrema, Symphonic and Kidology, Jay is definitely starting to make his mark on the scene in a big way.

Jay's original mix is an electro prog monster that has made itself at home in main rooms worldwide.His penchant for driving, melodic house is never more evident than here; a peak time affair that's tailor made for the dancefloor.

On the remix front, Sui Generis, aka Robert Burns from Holland shows why he's had a host of big names drooling over his recent work. His last releases have found favour with Joris Voorn, Laurent Garnier and Funk D'Void among others and this one looks to be no exception. The track's been stripped down to create a lush slice of synth-heavy tech house with more than a nod to the classic Detroit sound.

To complete the package, our very own Dana Bergquist's take adds a bit of depth, giving his remix an atmospheric quality that will broaden its appeal to a wide cross section of DJs. He's employed a slight retro feel, with the stab that took a back seat in the original central to the track.

With this release, Discoteca starts the year as it means to finish.

http://www.myspace.com/discotecamusic

Reactions:

Hernan Cattaneo - hey erik, really good stuff, original & Danas mix

Luke Fair - Hey Erik...thanks for sending. LOOOOVE Dana's mix, will play it everywhere...

Jody Wisternoff - Sounds wicked, love the Dana Bergquist and Sui Generis remixes

Kosmas Epsilon - Dana mix is the bomb

Neil Quigley - Thanks for this, from what I hear I really like the Sui Generis mix, very tech soul.

16BitLolitas - nice sunny track like the original the most will play this out when i can