10 posts, 1 page, 1,450 views

#1 • • Edited KETROO Guest
Ketroo - OO (Promo September 2007)

Deep, Minimal, Techno / mp3 192kbs / 78min / 106MB

Ketroo - Tomberoane (Original Mix)
Dj Esp - Medicine Show
G-Man - Tinge
Richie Hawtin - Minus Orange
Mihai Popoviciu - The End Is Near (Antoine Caesar Remix)
Norman Nodge - Nn 8 0
Cobblestone Jazz - Dmt
Agaric - Acid Sluts
Hidenobu Ito - Kick
Martinez - Angvalt
Bermuda - Galaxy Race (Jussi Pekka Boring Acid Remix)
Basement Jaxx - Fly Life Xtra
Emil Lassaria - Mama Mea E Florareasa
Chaim - De Move Da Beat

Download: here
#2 • • Sepistö Guest

Ketroo - OO (Promo September 2007)

Dj Zero - Mama Mea E Florareasa (Emil Lassaria Version)

Onko tuota julkaistu jollain labelilla?
#3 • • KETROO Guest
My Finnish is "not so very bad" viellä... so:

The track is on a net label available for download here:
http://www.e-ok.ro/Emil+Lassaria

Cheers
#4 • • Dirt Guest
things kick off very, very well but after Tinge the direction is kinda lost. there are some good tunes here and there but...
maybe next time stick to the style you served at the beginning.
#5 • • KETROO Guest
Thanks for the listen and for the advice. I think I know how this set could have been done differently. My problem always has been that I end up playing just the tracks I like the most and that hurts the set construction. There is still time for the perfect set :) Again, thanks!
#6 • • yehaT Guest
The forum is "demo mixes" I don't think that means you need to "stick to a style" - for too long that is. Mix can be approached for example by doing around 10-15 min or 3-4 song segments of very similar material, not only based on the kicks or drums necessarily, but the sounds of the instruments or the melody or whatever as long as there's some continuity that's not too difficult to perceive. People perceive music in vastly different ways so there's always some who don't see what the continuity was. I wouldn't worry about that as in the end the song selection is what decides things. And sometimes having one odd song that stands out can actually 'save the set' if some listener didn't like so much what you tought was the perfect style and so on. In albums it's often the odd song that didn't seem a fit that's the really good one too btw. Or maybe I'm just little odd. Enough rambling :)
#7 • • KETROO Guest
Mhmm. I never preselect my tracks. So what you hear in my mixes is certainly how I would play in a club. I tried I think 2 or 3 times to make a stupid list and then mix the tracks listed there. Didn't work. I ended up inserting new tracks and forgeting about the list half way trough. That is because when I am mixing I search for the next track on the fly: keep searching till it sounds good. It is very rare for me to pick a track based on its title. Truth is I don't know the titles of 90% of my music :)
#8 • • yehaT Guest
Agree on that straight pre-planned list thing: doesn't work for me either.

I do however resort sometimes to a tool I wrote that looks what I played previously in combination with the currently playing song and shows those. Can be helpful when forgetting some name of rarely played track. I tend to mix rarely (once a month max) and do a multihour mix of old and not so old stuff mostly for my own fun and later listening.
#9 • • KETROO Guest
Funny how the human mind works. I have been thinking to write also this kind of tool for moths but I hesitate to do it as I believe it spoils the spontainaity or shall I say the surprise element in mixing. But that applies just for me here. I do not believe what you do is wrong. If that tool is giving you confidence and if it doesn't stay in your way while mixing then great and happy maintaining the track database :) But, let's not forget that it's all about the music not the way we play it. Myself, I don't play for DJs, I play for whoever enjoys electronic music, and those people (I guess) will never complain that 'Richie Hawtin - Minus Orange' does not fit well after 'G-Man - Tinge' :) (No ofence intended here)
#10 • • tjp Guest
I liked the beginning of the mix, but I felt that the mix did lose some some steam the closer it got to the end. I do appreciate when people move between different genres, but in this case it did feel like the mix was a bit all over the place. However, I don't want to sound too critical, because this was in no way a bad mix. It had good tunes and decent mixing.