Mark Sense unsigned productions.

5 posts, 1 page, 978 views

#2 • • sauce Guest
Ok Mark,

I listened, or to be more precise, tried to listen the first song "Osmosis". It somehow reminds me about the 90's fast tracker songs people and I did. Crappy samples, ideas based on simple pattern and boring structure.

The good thing is, that ya have realised that this kind of music, I would describe it as "idiot dance" needs strong rythmic-pattern, sort of lead, bassline and some fx's. Thats a start atleast!

After 2nd chance, I'm thinking that if this melody would have been done in more electro -style it could actually work. But seriously, please start it all over again, NEVER use those vocal stabs again and delete the trumpet patch from hd/synth! Like NOW.

Peace;
sauce
#3 • • Mark Sense Guest
Thank you for the feedback "Sauce." Much appreciated. Were you able to listen to the other tracks? Or you didn't give them a chance? The other two tracks are more underground productions...with no cheesy trumpet or idiot dance voice samples.

Cheers. :)
#4 • • Moosefrog Guest
I listened to M.L.B.H. & Interpret Frequency. Both of 'em suffer the same lacks, Interpret Frequency is the better one tho.

M.L.B.H. is minimalistic, but it lacks _the style_. It sounded as if someone had just made a basic drumloop and punch a few notes here and there. There wasn't any atmosphere, no effects (in my opinion effects are quite essential in minimalistic music) and most importantly no development. I counted only 3 slightly different parts in the song. That's hardly enough.

My verdict: boring

Interpret Frequency

This is the better one, I must say. Quite nice things happening and the electro-esque style works well. In fact as I think about it, your overall sound works better with electro - dry and simple drum beats. Still I'd like to hear more effects, man! This one had more stuff happening and I even found myself enjoying this one.

You need to add more punch to your sounds, make it pump and groove. Experiment and go crazy with effects.
#5 • • Mark Sense Guest
Thank you Moosefrog for your insight and opinion. I agree 100%, I have to put more effects and different parts into my productions. What you heard in M.L.B.H. is exactly what I did, which was a simple beat with only minor drum fills for transition. I'm glad you felt the Interpret Frequency one at least, which is the production I have spent the most time on to this point in my young career. I used to be a drummer (hence the simple beats everyone refers to). I suppose I should keep in mind that electronic music is more about syncopated rhythms and not just drum kit sequences. :) I've only been producing for a few months, so once again I appreciate the constructive criticism and I'll go back to the drawing board soon enough. I have had enough (in these few months) with software and its static cold feel and will be investing into hardware gear because of its superior sonic quality (there is no comparison as far as my ears can tell). I'm thinking about the Access Music TI synth for a beginner entry level synth. ;)

Cheers.

"Inspired by Music."

www.marksense.com