Dj N.e.o. - 2 New Scratch Mixes - Trance / Funky House

19 posts, 1 page, 3,636 views

#1 • • dejayneo Guest
Ey Up!

I've uploaded some more mixes, you can get them at http://waxdj.com/djs/1012

Both have got a bit of scratching thrown in for good measure!

Let me know what you think!!

Here's the Tracklistings

Trance Mix -

1) Intro
2) Oxygen Ft. Andrea Britton - Am I On Your Mind (Lustral Remix)
3) Solid Globe - North Pole
4) Andrea Kristal - Diamond Dust (Beppe Barilli Remix)
5) Ian Knowles - United As One
6) Mono - Rise (Smith & Pledger Remix)
7) Flashbang - Grooveslide (Vincent De Moor Trance Slide Remix)
8 Rank 1 - Awakening (Cosmic Gate Remix)
9) ATN - Miss A Day
10) Command3r Tom - Attent!on (F&W Remix)
11) Dogzilla - Your Eyes
12) Tukan - Wonder Of Life (F&W Remix)
13) Magnolia - Its All Vain (Dogzillas Atomic Acid Remix)

Funky House Mix -

1) Who Da Funk - In The Night (Vocal Mix)
2) Eric Prydz - Slammin (Axwell Remix)
3) Axwell - Feel The Vibe
4) Alison Limmerick - Where The Love Lives (Classic Stonebridge Epic Mix)
5) Mohito Ft. Howard Jones - Slip Away (Steve Angello Mix)
6) Hoxton Whores - 77 Disco Balls
7) Knee Deep - Funky Nassau
8 Who Da Funk Ft. Terra Deva - Sting Me Red
9) Gadjo - So Many Times (Steve Angello Moody Remix)
10) Steve Angello - Play It Loud (Dave Armstrong Backflip Mix)
11) Steve Angello - Voices (Eric Prydz Remix)
12) Robbie Rivera - Burning (Axwells Groove Mix)
13) Armand Van Helden - My My My
14) Space Cowboy - Crazy Talk (Armand Van Helden Rmx)

Hope you like em!

N.e.o.
#2 • • tumpsi Guest
Trance & scratching = THE WINNING FORMULA!
#3 • • T82 Guest
imutan tän hyvien naurujen toivossa... saatan olla väärässäkin.
In English: Comments will follow. :eek:

..well here comes the comments:
- First of all... I have never-ever-in-my-life heard anyone done some scratching on tranceset. And after hearing this, I hope I never again have to. Please, if u perform live, pity the audience and do not scratch, it really sounds that sh*t. Let's leave the scratch thing to rap/hiphop dj's. (well... to any other than trance dj). :D
- Second... how 'bout the real tracklist? That list ain't it.
- Third... There's nothing wrong in your technique. You've done some real smooth shifts (not all) there, but the tracks mixed are completely different from each other. there's no flow... no direction... no red line, no life in this mix... Just tracks in a row. And this really wasn't my cup of tee. Listened to this kinda trance as an early teenager.
- And fourth... Quit the scratching... seriously... it really rapes the music and the feeling. :angry:

:::Edit:::: Just noticed that I downloaded a wrong set.. I'll dl the other (this one) but I'm not expecting any better...
#4 • • T82 Guest
...ummm... I could say pretty much the same as I commented on the other mix. just tracks in a row, without any meaning and intention. And again... Please quit scrathching. Nothing sounds as bad as scratchning in the middle of a track change.
#5 • • dejayneo Guest
T82.

I notice from your profile you are into Progressive, Deep & Epic Trance. Why on Earth did you decide to download my mix in the first place? Did you just want to sound off at someone?

At the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion & so be it. I've been posting my mixes online for 3 months now & you are the 1st to give negative comments. In those 3 months my mixes have been downloaded just under 2000 times. If it's only 1 in 2000 then I can live with that.

Thanks for taking the time out to listen anyway.

N.e.o.
#6 • • T82 Guest

T82.

I notice from your profile you are into Progressive, Deep & Epic Trance. Why on Earth did you decide to download my mix in the first place? Did you just want to sound off at someone?

No... Those are just the styles that I enjoy and play myself. I do listen to every type of trance, and some progressive house too.

At the end of the day you are entitled to your opinion & so be it. I've been posting my mixes online for 3 months now & you are the 1st to give negative comments.

You have not been posting your mixes here for 3 months, These 3 are your first.

In those 3 months my mixes have been downloaded just under 2000 times. If it's only 1 in 2000 then I can live with that.

Did all other 1999 listeners give any comments?

Thanks for taking the time out to listen anyway.

Thank You.
#7 • • dejayneo Guest
Oh dear, you are one of these message board types who likes to have verbal wars.

Sorry mate, i've not come on here for this. I just wanted to offer some of my music to a wider audience in the hope that it may put a smile on some peoples faces. I didn't come here for verbal warfare.

I apologise if my music has offended you in someway.

Now rather than distracting from the topic any further perhaps you could PM me if you really feel the need to carry on this conversation.

Thanks

N.e.o.
#8 • • Edited dejayneo Guest
It seems there may be some confusion as to which mix is which on my page, here's some direct links to help you out.

To Stream the Trance mix: http://waxdj.com/play.php?band_id=1012&song_id=4703&mode=song_hifi

To Download the Trance Mix: http://waxdj.com/download.php?band_id=1012&song_id=4703&mode=song_hifi

To Stream the Funky House Mix: http://waxdj.com/play.php?band_id=1012&song_id=4710&mode=song_hifi

To Download the Funky House Mix: http://waxdj.com/download.php?band_id=1012&song_id=4710&mode=song_hifi

If you want to browse my page where you can read my bio or check out some of the other mixes i've uploaded on there you will have to use: http://waxdj.com/djs/1012

Hope this helps

N.e.o.
#9 • • sahalaita Guest
whoaa, i like the fhm a lot!
#10 • • dejayneo Guest

whoaa, i like the fhm a lot!

Thanks for the thumbs up Sahalaita :D
#11 • • Aulis_G Guest

Hope you like em!

I sure did. Especially FHM... I'm speechless. I just love it <3
#12 • • Laite Guest
You're my hero! I hope someone will book you for a gig in Turku, Finland!
You don't happen to have some hard house mixed with scratches?
#13 • • JAYeL Guest

You're my hero! I hope someone will book you for a gig in Turku, Finland!
You don't happen to have some hard house mixed with scratches?

\o/
#14 • • shokuni Guest
I have to agree with T82. There's no structure in the mixes, no logical continuety. Just some tracks put together. And really. Don't ever scratch again. You are not good at it and it doesn't work in this kind of music. I wonder if all those people who have praised these, have been sarcastic and/or just having fun in your expence. I know a couple of guys in this thread are. :D

What was funky in those house tracks? SOme nice songs, but most of it was crap. Especially My My My. :sad:
#15 • • DeeJays Anonymous Guest
:crybaby: Scratching + Trance :crybaby:
...isn't anything sacred anymore...

Though scratching and beatjungling doesn't sound tha bad at all in hardhouse etc..

You may call it evolution I call it raping the music.

...sorry... :sad:
#16 • • dejayneo Guest
Scratching is clearly a subject that divides people on this forum & I can understand that, to the purist it distracts away from the music & is unneccesary. Others really like it, including myself...

Shokuni & T82, you are entitled to your opinions but to me you express them in such a forceful & unconstructive way that I can't take you seriously, I see muppets like you on message boards all over the internet every day, constantly slating other peoples work, opinions or values in an aggresive way because you believe it makes you look big & clever in front of your audiences. You wouldn't ever speak to anyone you didn't know like that face to face. Your annonymity behind your screens turns you into different people & that is a little sad. In my opinion you offer nothing to a forum, you hold genuine people back & are merely idiots looking to get into a slanging match so you can get some kind of weird satisfaction when you feel you have got one over somebody.

Deejays anonymous, I take your point, Hardhouse is more beat focused so I guess you consider scratching lends itself more to a percussion emphasised sound. You have no need to apologise as i understand that you might not be a fan. I guess i'm glad you at least have the courtesy to be polite about your opinions though...
I wouldn't really call it evolution as I don't think scratching in trance is going to be seen in the majority of sets. It's just something I do, as i said before some people really like it (which is why I do it), others hate it. That is something that will never change.

The world would be very boring if we all liked the same things & there would be no development of music if people didn't try different things, the worrying problem is the next big sound might not happen becuse idiots like the two listed above could effect that persons confidence resulting in them deciding not to carry on, or not to push for releases as hard as they could due to that little bit of self doubt. But again i guess thats something thats never going to change either...
#17 • • T82 Guest

Scratching is clearly a subject that divides people on this forum & I can understand that, to the purist it distracts away from the music & is unneccesary. Others really like it, including myself...

Shokuni & T82, you are entitled to your opinions but to me you express them in such a forceful & unconstructive way that I can't take you seriously, I see muppets like you on message boards all over the internet every day, constantly slating other peoples work, opinions or values in an aggresive way because you believe it makes you look big & clever in front of your audiences. You wouldn't ever speak to anyone you didn't know like that face to face. Your annonymity behind your screens turns you into different people & that is a little sad. In my opinion you offer nothing to a forum, you hold genuine people back & are merely idiots looking to get into a slanging match so you can get some kind of weird satisfaction when you feel you have got one over somebody.

Deejays anonymous, I take your point, Hardhouse is more beat focused so I guess you consider scratching lends itself more to a percussion emphasised sound. You have no need to apologise as i understand that you might not be a fan. I guess i'm glad you at least have the courtesy to be polite about your opinions though...
I wouldn't really call it evolution as I don't think scratching in trance is going to be seen in the majority of sets. It's just something I do, as i said before some people really like it (which is why I do it), others hate it. That is something that will never change.

The world would be very boring if we all liked the same things & there would be no development of music if people didn't try different things, the worrying problem is the next big sound might not happen becuse idiots like the two listed above could effect that persons confidence resulting in them deciding not to carry on, or not to push for releases as hard as they could due to that little bit of self doubt. But again i guess thats something thats never going to change either...

Sorry for my harsh words but I meant them as an advice. Scratchin' just isn't for trance. And I would say the same things to u if we ever meet face 2 face. The construction on your trance set is just... tracks-in-a-row. If u can't handle hard critic then think twice when u're posting your sets here. We do give - every now and then - very hard critic. Call me and DeeJays Anonymous idiots if u like, but I bet very many who have listened to this set would say the very same things as us (maybe in some other form, but very same things).

Maybe one day when I post my mix here, u can come and give some HARD critic to me. I value it, I'd be grateful of it... It makes me just try harder.

And as I said. U have done smooth track changes on your mix - considering the fact that the tunes are totally different from each other - but the difference between the mixed tracks just spoils the whole feeling.
And that scratching...

I mean no evil.
#18 • • shokuni Guest
My message was ment as constructive criticism. I have never felt the need to sugar coat anything i say. This is also true in real life. If we ever meet i can tell you the same things again face to face. I don't judge you so don't you dare to judge according to something i write on this forum. Why do you even ask for feedback if you can't handle it?

I did not in any way get personal like u did just now. It is you who is calling other people idiots.

P's!
#19 • • dekadem Guest
I love especially the funky house mix! Have listened it for about 30 times now, and it just makes me smile and my work progress so much faster! THANK YOU!