Parham - Heads Down session - Aug 2004

8 posts, 1 page, 1,445 views

#1 • • Misc. Mgmt Guest
Parhamin pyynnöstä postaan tänne linkin hänen uuteen mixaukseen

[url]ftp://Heads:[email protected]/parham_-_heads_down_session.mp3[/url]

Palautteita voi kirjoittaa englanniksi varmaan.. :)

new_mix_048.jpg

BIO

Being already lost in music by the age of 14, Parham's devotion to dance music was obvious. His love and passion to both listening and playing was undeniably set to path his future. Grooving his way from the early days of the evolutionising sounds of house and sliding into a more progressive sound Parham is undoubtedly one of the pioneers of the dance scene in Sweden and the Nordic region today.

Having spent more than a decade as a DJ and promoter, today Parham is busier than
ever. With the dance scene in the Nordic region having exploded over the last few years his twisted style of playing has gained him a reputation second-to-none for taking you on a journey into the realms of bliss with an added twist of darkness, being both innovative and forward thinking. That is why his style is much loved and reflected only by experience.

Being the founder of Sweden's first magazine about dance music and club culture back in 96, his Orbit magazine raised some eyebrows due to his young age and achievement. You might say that everyone has their fifteen minutes of fame, but yet today Parham's driving force delivers. In different forms maybe, but every project has shown true spirit in working toward the same goal, a better clubland for his fellow Scandinavians.

Having played alongside DJs and acts such as Dave Seaman, Sander Kleinenberg, Lucien Foort, Danny Howells, Paul Van Dyk and Tiësto to name but a few, Parham is a regular at most of the major events in Sweden. Being also the resident for Fokused, one of Scandinavia's biggest promoters and spinning the wheels of steel at clubs such as Renaissance and Weekender has established his name as a seasoned player in the game. Not just in Sweden but abroad as well. With regular gigs all over Scandinavia and Europe; from Russia in the east to Ireland in the west and Spain to the south, he's getting around now more than ever. With a loyal following of fans who travel to see him play.

His guest spots have also taken him to some of the larger festivals around. He has played to a crowd of 40 000 people at Norway's Sommerparade, been one of the headlining names at Estonia's Sundance Music Festival and Finland's Koneisto event. He will also appear at this year's Roskilde Festival in Denmark.

Now he has also taken on the challenge of producing music, making him push creative boundaries and properly showcase his talent to a larger audience of music lovers alike. Last year his productions with studio partner Dominic Plaza got signed to Australian Vapour Recordings and got the attention of some of the worlds biggest DJs. With great response from John Digweed, Anthony Pappa, Dave Seaman, Mara and Kasey Taylor amongst others and requests for signing tracks from several major labels, there seem to be no end to this success.

And of course, The Future ... With this year seeing him releasing his second release on Vapour and a whole lot of other secrets up his sleeve you don't need to be a fortuneteller to understand where he's heading. Just make sure you don't miss out next time he's spinning.

As Parham is more and more becoming a corner stone in the Nordic arena he's set for international stardom. With a now well-established reputation and firm foundation as well as further dates all over Europe, Parham is surely to become one of the largest and hottest DJs out of Sweden. Things can only go one way from here...

www.fokused.net
#2 • • Homegrove Guest
Tukholman Turan! :D

How about a tracklisting?
#3 • • Parham Guest
MISC dude, thanks for puting up the set for me. I just found out that I already had an account here... :excellent:

Homegrove: Can't give out the tracklist at the moment! Some sensitive tracks on it... But why don't you have a go and try to guess what the tracks are. You are trainspoter delux anyway ;)

I give you some clues and you just fill in the missing tracks. If you can guess all the tracks (and if they are remixed, by whom), I try to organaize a gig for you in Sweden.... :cool: The same goes for anyone who want to have a go :happyroll:

02. Tri Factor - Whats On Your Mind - CP
08. Dj B - Ionic (Chris Micali mix) - CDr
16. René Amez - I've Been Away - Lowriders

Hehe....

Hope you enjoy the mix anyway :)

/Parham
#4 • • okiru Guest
OK, listened this instead of going to bed. Thanks to one evil, sadistic monster from cross the lake.

Where should I start..I must say I really didn't recon none of these. Exept the one around 78:00 is Way Out West - Killa. Very upfront stuff. Few really, really good tracks I MUST have you evil plotter. We need to gather the progmafia and start scratching our heads and dig our nose to solve this holy quest. May Digweed be with us.

But seriously speaking, I did like the mix as a tight package of groovy, deep, monotonic and occasionally melodic and uplifting music. I recommend this to proglovers as haters. Nice progression and some crazy, I mean crazy tracks. Few good "hands in the air" moments and few well shattered hooks here and there. Some of the tracks were not for me. This is the first official mixtape from you posted in here so I might say a very nice start mate. Usually I do not like too deep sounds and groovy stuff, but I have to admit that these 107 minutes went pretty smoothly shaking my arse and sipping peach ice tea. What a great night. It would be even better if you just tell me what the heck are these tracks in following timestamps: 32:00, 52:00 and 56:00. If you don't I personally hang you upside down from your nuts next time i see you. :mad:

But let's say I give 8½ as a school grade for you, which is very good from me.

I tryly recommend this set, so take a listen fellas.

-mika
#5 • • Hallaaa Guest

I truly recommend this set, so take a listen fellas.

:hearts:

lavin' it
#6 • • superleo Guest
TRACKLIST
01 ID
02 ID
03 Tri Factor - Whats On Your Mind - CP
04 Stroud - Chobru (Can Costa & Paul mix) - CDr
05 ID
06 ID
07 Andrew K & Simuck - Mar De Oro - Pure Substance
08 Dj B - Ionic (Chris Micali mix) - CDr
09 Erick E & Mathew Dekay - This Category CDr
10 ID
11 ID
12 ID
13 ID
14 Way Out west - Killa - Distinctive
15 ID
16 René Amez - I've Been Away - Lowriders
17 ID

Bby MR Parham himself. Other tracks too fresh to be named :hah:
#7 • • superleo Guest
1. ID
2. Tri Factor - Whats On Your Mind - CP
3. Stroud - Chobru (Can Costa & Paul mix) - CDr
4. ID
5. Steve Porter - Purina (KC's edit) - CDr
6. ID
7. ID
8. Dj B - Ionic (Chris Micali mix) - CDr
9. Erick E & Mathew Dekay - This Category - CDr
10. ID
11. Nicholas Benisson & Micah - Fueled - CDr
12. ID
13. ID
14. ID
15. Tantanama - Another World (Martin H mix) - CDr
16. René Amez - I've Been Away - Lowriders
17. ID'
#8 • • SolarB Guest
01 [00:00] ID
02 [07:19] Tri Factor - Whats On Your Mind [CP]
03 [12:21] Stroud - Chobru (Can Costa & Paul Remix) [CDr]
04 [20:25] ID
05 [26:29] Steve Porter - Purina (KC's Edit)
06 [31:45] ID
07 [39:47] Andrew K & Simuck - Mar De Oro [Pure Substance]
08 [45:03] Dj B - Ionic (Chris Micali Remix) [CDr]
09 [50:17] Erick E & Mathew Dekay - This Category [CDr]
10 [55:35] Dominic Plaza - Sounds Rushing (Original Mix) [Fokused]
11 [61:25] Nicholas Benisson & Micah - Fueled [CDr]
12 [68:59] ID
13 [75:15] Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso - Yo Yo Kidz (FPU Remix) [Refune]
14 [78:54] Way Out West - Killa [Distinctive]
15 [88:27] Tantanama - Another World (Martin H Remix) [CDr]
16 [93:42] René Amez - I've Been Away [Lowriders]
17 [100:51] ID