The finnish HardHouse/Trance-NU NRG Scene

21 posts, 2 pages, 4,318 views

#1 • • MissJarea Guest
I would like to get your opinon about this scene in Finland, so that i can forward corect information about your country in the rest of Europe in an intervju. Thanks for all ya help, and please keep this thread english, as what u post will be public in Mid Europe. Thanks
#2 • • Laite Guest
edit: no otetaan sittenkin pois
#4 • • MissJarea Guest
I would really appriciate a serious reply....
what genres in what parts of fionland are inn at the moment f eks?
#5 • • Edited jUSSi Guest
trollalert ;)

progressive trance/house in all of its shitty forms in every major city;)
hard nrg amongst kiddyravers
jungle/drum'n'bass in the urban jungles
and few techno purists here and there

you could try to ask the same question in klubitus where everything assosiated with hard seems to be the most popular form of music.
#6 • • drS Guest
why wasn't my reply serious enough? :sad:
#7 • • Damien Guest

I would like to get your opinon about this scene in Finland, so that i can forward corect information about your country in the rest of Europe in an intervju. Thanks for all ya help, and please keep this thread english, as what u post will be public in Mid Europe. Thanks

In few words, the finnish HardDance scene is rocking da north. You could say we are couple lightyears ahead the rest of the world because our artists are unbelievably talented and the clubbers very demanding. Also Finnish HardDance music isn't chart dependent like UK HH, every artist has its own sound and there isn't a same kind off ripp-off culture present here like in Uk.
The commercial side of music business hasn't been able to spoil our scene cause many of the scenes producer hasn't got a solid publishing deal, only few. So the scene is healthy, pure, safe and hard as fuck.
#8 • • MissJarea Guest
:D *worship* it is indeed an art to stand out as uniqe, also a reason why i cant wait to get back to Finland and listen to some REAL music :)
#9 • • Remotion Guest

So the scene is hard as fuck.

agree, here hard really means hard and usually fast too.
Many talented newcomers in last year, 4ex: Alek Szahala
#10 • • MissJarea Guest
but how is the speed of the music now that it is as hard as u claim? u up to 155bpm (my fav speed, hehe) or over? ex. how fast are the new sets by Proteus? any links to any dj's that spinn same hardstuff i and proteus do? The last mix by proteus is still the old one on the FINRG site :( didnt find any new mixes ...any help??
#11 • • NoStatus Guest
Most of the hard stuff produced in Finland is fast hard nrg or freeform,
about 170-190 bpm. I think the Finnish hard nrg/freeform scene is ruling
the world for two equal main reasons: first is the god's gift to the hard
scene, Proteus and his work as a dj. The second one is, that we are quite
demanding clubbers, and we have got bored to that basic uk-hh sound for
a long time ago. These two things have been inspiring the producers here
in Finland for a while.

But, the hard scene here is not all about rising the bpm to the sky. At this
point I have to advertisize my latest hardtechno/hardstyle mix (145bpm),
you can download it here :D
#12 • • MissJarea Guest
I'm on it :)

I am too fed up with the regular UK sound, so pick my records carefully now, more into the techno rythms and tribal stuff too now :) But it is so hard to find good stuff, i have no time to look all over the net all the time :(
#13 • • Damien Guest

But it is so hard to find good stuff, i have no time to look all over the net all the time :(

But honey, that's what Dj'ing is all about. Filtering a lot of shit of a big pile for to be delivered to the clubbers.
#14 • • da_chef Guest

But it is so hard to find good stuff, i have no time to look all over the net all the time :(

But honey, that's what Dj'ing is all about. Filtering a lot of shit of a big pile for to be delivered to the clubbers.

Unfortunately most dj's filter out the good music and play utter and complete shite.
#15 • • hexagon Guest

But honey, that's what Dj'ing is all about.

:D Go for it Damien! :D
#16 • • dab Guest

but how is the speed of the music now that it is as hard as u claim? u up to 155bpm (my fav speed, hehe) or over? ex. how fast are the new sets by Proteus?

Pardon my ignorance, but do You speak of "hard" as "fast", or "hard" as "ruff edgy sound with an attitude that could bring down the f***ng WTC 1 & 2"?
#17 • • MissJarea Guest
hard as is ruff and hard as in fast, both. What bpm are theya round?
#18 • • Damien Guest
Like said before, our HardDance scene builts up from 160 till 200.
#19 • • MissJarea Guest
cool :) I met Proteus in Amsterdam on friday and he had a wicked set :) I was jumping like mad, made me stay in bed all saturday, WASTED of exhoustion :) HE ROCKED THE PLACE :)
#20 • • Al Tapone Guest

cool :) I met Proteus in Amsterdam on friday and he had a wicked set :) I was jumping like mad, made me stay in bed all saturday, WASTED of exhoustion :) HE ROCKED THE PLACE :)

Proteus is hard as hell but so are you too :)

I like very much when you play Arome "Hands up" (scot project mix) at the end of your latest mixtape. Yoji's remix is nice too.