FINNISH DJ'S WANTED FOR RADIOSHOWS IN BELGIUM!

22 posts, 2 pages, 3,978 views

#1 • • MissJarea Guest
HI, now it's your turn to have a space in the spotlight! I'm gonna present a show of 5h mix sessions, put together by finnish and scandinavian dj's. This includes a pure finnish session of 5h :) The 5 chosen mixes will be broadcasted once a month on CyberFactory i Brussel, Belgia.

Special Norwegian/Finnish/Scandinavian Mix Sessions in collaboration with Miss Jarea, once a month, on a sunday 19.00-24.00.

Comments:
hardtrance :
we don't play hardtrance or hardcore or gabber BUT we love ACID !!!!!!
you can ad maximum 1 hardhouse mix between the 5 mixes.
Hardtrance has absolutely no succes here in Brussels. (sorry)

acid :
acid is very very loved here in Belgium but nobody can find acid records.
acid dj's (acid-trance or acid-techno) can be put on a separate special show !!

electro :
normally our show is a pure underground show.
this means that we normally play only electro & acid.
electro dj's can be put on a special electro show around finnland :)

TERMS:
-MIN 60MIN Mix
-STYLE: hard-techno, electro, acid, trance ect
-BEATMATCHING!!!
-BUILD YA SET!!!!
-EXACT PLAYLIST (label,artist,year,mix ect.)

Label ya mix with NAME,STYLE,ADR, and other info u want to include.and a SHORT CV max 1/2 A4 page :)
Sounds Great? Send ya mixes to:

Miss Jarea
P.O.Box 36316
1020 MH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

GOOD LUCK! Look forward to ya mixes, Jarea
#2 • • jUSSi Guest

-BEATMATCHING!!!
-BUILD YA SET!!!!

err, these are kinda obvious since without these you middlename would be "jukebox".
#3 • • MissJarea Guest
many dj's dont build their sets...;)
#4 • • jUSSi Guest

many dj's dont build their sets...;)

that's why I don't call them "dj's"

the definition of a dj dictates certain issues (at least in my opinion).
#5 • • Pete Input Guest
Mix or not, you can still build your set.
I olso know lots of "name" dj's who can mix, but not build...
#6 • • Quu Guest

And vice versa.

For example Annie from Norway :heart: :heart: :heart:
#7 • • jUSSi Guest

1. selection
2. progression/programming
3. mixing

master them all and you are a dj with a capital D
#8 • • uniko1 Guest
less talk and definitions, more action. build/program/mix/whatever your tapes and send them out.
#9 • • jUSSi Guest

less talk and definitions, more action. build/program/mix/whatever your tapes and send them out.

You've got a point there my dear troll, but the show sounds quite amateurish if they have to specify that kind of requirements for mixtapes.
#10 • • 029 Guest

Word. Let's stop dissing and speculating every single detail... Why worry, it's great that someone arranges these kinds of events and gives others an opportynity to participate. :cool:
#11 • • jUSSi Guest

Word. Let's stop dissing and speculating every single detail... Why worry, it's great that someone arranges these kinds of events and gives others an opportynity to participate. :cool:

but you can always point out the places where an improvement is possible

*grouphug*
#12 • • uniko1 Guest

You've got a point there my dear troll, but the show sounds quite amateurish if they have to specify that kind of requirements for mixtapes.

yeah once a troll always a troll. really, do you expect radio 1 looking for new finnish talents for their new show right after gilles peterson here on platinum? if you want to be heard, like most dj's want, why just don't go work that tape and be glad for the airplay in belgium however amateurish it might be. or if you're a pro dj, why you're hanging here? ;)

*grouphug*

no thanks, that's somewhat gay.
#13 • • jUSSi Guest

yeah once a troll always a troll. really, do you expect radio 1 looking for new finnish talents for their new show right after gilles peterson here on platinum?

of course not. I do respect that this show is trying to find new talent, but if the tape sent is mixed badly, it has no clue and no progression then what's the point? I mean that everybody should have some self control to know when to send something, which was my point from the beginning. These things should be self evident!

Of course it does not hurt to try, but doesn't it sound a bit odd to you that when asking for mixtapes you ask for beatmatching, programming and selection (well, maybe not if you are looking for real rookies, no pun intended)?

If you bought your first pair of decks then maybe you shouldn't press the rec button right away and wait for success. But we could go on and on forever and this topic is propably not the best place for it ;)

if you want to be heard, like most dj's want, why just don't go work that tape and be glad for the airplay in belgium however amateurish it might be. or if you're a pro dj, why you're hanging here? ;)

hmm, good question. The main reason would propably be that I fall out of the musical genres they asked for, but for your pleasure (and if you are willing to spend some precious bandwidth, go to my site and grab some of my mixes and then you can decide how pro I am ;)

no thanks, that's somewhat gay.

okay then.

*groupkisses*
#14 • • Pete Input Guest

(well, maybe not if you are looking for real rookies, no pun intended)?

I think that was a Miss J's point.

jUSSi: I thought you play techno?
#15 • • jUSSi Guest

(well, maybe not if you are looking for real rookies, no pun intended)?

I think that was a Miss J's point.

With the word "Rookie" I meant someone who bought his/hers first pair of decks and can not get the beats straight ie. real rookie, not just a noname with basic skills like myself

jUSSi: I thought you play techno?

I do, but not rough nor acid ;)
#16 • • Faini Guest
Kävippäs sitten näin että mut valittiin :scared: :D
#17 • • JussiS Guest

Iso käsi!
#18 • • Mike Kila Guest

STYLE: hard-techno, electro, acid, trance ect

Kävippäs sitten näin että mut valittiin

Polkkaako settis sisältää :angry: :D :laugh:. Etkös sä oo proke-poikia? No "onnea" ny kummiski ;)!
#19 • • olliS Guest

Onneksi olkoon! :)
#20 • • Faini Guest

STYLE: hard-techno, electro, acid, trance ect

Kävippäs sitten näin että mut valittiin

Polkkaako settis sisältää :angry: :D :laugh:. Etkös sä oo proke-poikia? No "onnea" ny kummiski ;)!

Progeahan se oli :D

ja kiitos kiitos kaikille :)