featured artist RTi | deep electronica and detroit

5 posts, 1 page, 1,687 views

#1 • • Sogax Guest
I am posting this on behalf of an UK electronica / idm artist RTi. Truly talented, yet barely scratched the surface of his creative skills.

I listened almost all production from RTi long time ago and Knightlife and E62 are one of the best tunes he has made in my opinion. Other music from RTi ranges from creepy / lushful ambient to experimental sound _toys_.

Knightlife is a moody, rhythmin' deep house and electronica hybrid. The very first time I heard this track it was glued into my mind.

RTi - Knightlife

E62 is another brilliant swingy soulful 80's style detroit track and reminds quite a lot of atkins's old moody tracks with strong strings and the slow simple beat.

RTi - E62

More of RTi's music can be found here

comment in english, thank you :)
#2 • • Lauri Leino Guest
very FUCKING nice!!

Knightlife : deep, groovy, kinky and beautiful ; just the way i like it

E62 : not as good/independent as Knightlife but nice production and concept anyway

promising material!
#3 • • spw Guest

I am posting this on behalf of an UK electronica / idm artist RTi. Truly talented, yet barely scratched the surface of his creative skills.

I listened almost all production from RTi long time ago and Knightlife and E62 are one of the best tunes he has made in my opinion. Other music from RTi ranges from creepy / lushful ambient to experimental sound _toys_.

Knightlife is a moody, rhythmin' deep house and electronica hybrid. The very first time I heard this track it was glued into my mind.

RTi - Knightlife

This one sounds like Ricardo Villalobos, nice minimal groove.

E62 is another brilliant swingy soulful 80's style detroit track and reminds quite a lot of atkins's old moody tracks with strong strings and the slow simple beat.

RTi - E62

More of RTi's music can be found here

comment in english, thank you :)

The only thing that strike me wrong with this track is the string part which sounds
a little awkward, a bit too straight forward.
Juan Atkins would have done a much better job mastering
the melody and mood part.
#4 • • rti Guest

----

"The only thing that strike me wrong with this track is the string part which sounds a little awkward, a bit too straight forward. Juan Atkins would have done a much better job mastering the melody and mood part."

i totally agree
#5 • • Edited spw Guest
a better way of putting it:

It doesn't have that Detroit - Juan Atkins (or Derrick May) personal touch but then again who does?
I like this track, the simplicity is part of it's appeal and it grows on you after a while.
Although my first impression was the string part sounds a bit raw and awkward, not necessarily a bad thing though.

----

"The only thing that strike me wrong with this track is the string part which sounds a little awkward, a bit too straight forward. Juan Atkins would have done a much better job mastering the melody and mood part."

i totally agree