English or Finnish

3 posts, 1 page, 925 views

#1 • • Edited J.J.[FIN] Guest
Could someone explain the logic of this webpage... The whole webpage is basically in English but all the users seems to speak (or write in) Finnish. I can't see any relevant reason for a webpage to be made in different language than majority of its users are using. I'm sure that there are dozens - or even hundreds - of similar webpages in English for users who speak English as their mother tongue. So if 95% or more of users in this webpage like to write in Finnish, why isn't the user interface also in Finnish? Of course there could be still the English version of calendar and other stuff that is relevant for visitors, tourist etc.

Just a noob wondering...
#2 • • Edited jUSSi Guest
Hmm, I think it is actually better if the site is in english rather than 100 per cent finnish. Now every visitor, tourist or non-finnish speaking person will get the idea of this forum and that allows them to post to the correct forums. Also it suggests that you can use english in here. Most of us finns speak at least adequate english and some can even read and write english :D

For example espoo_rumpshaker posts in english although he is capable to read the posts in finnish. I think this is just more user friendly since internet can provide information throughout the world and this way we can cross some of those annoying language barriers.
#3 • • Quu Guest
This topic has been discussed already in here.

In finnish of course. ;)