Miss Jarea: Scandinavia`s leading female Dj of UK HardStyles

1,201 posts, 61 pages, 243,891 views

#501 • • Dubchild Guest

yeh you are correct, but i still think youre 'humping the comma' here. ;]

Huh?
#502 • • genki Guest

Huh?

meaning 'making a big deal out of something that wasnt actually the point in this issue'...

now go back to work you sloth!!! :D
#503 • • Dubchild Guest

meaning 'making a big deal out of something that wasnt actually the point in this issue'...

now go back to work you sloth!!! :D

Ooooh! Pardonez moi! Didn't even realise there was a point in the first place oh bearded hippy. Go back to work yerself :mad:
#504 • • genki Guest
cmon man, now it looks as if you were really pissed off abt this ting. :confused:

come and have a spliphé @ the studio when you finish work aight? cant let you run around angry can we?
#505 • • genki Guest

oh bearded hippy.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
#506 • • jUSSi Guest

When you DJ you are supposed to supply a service to your audience...give them a great time... people have worked all week they need to relax and have fun...As a DJ you are supposed to do everything within your skill level and your record box to do so... The DJ is not the star the people are..and never forget that.

I think there are two types of dj's. One with a vision and the other one without. Dj with a vision should play what he/she likes in order to build the vision and then it is up to the promoters to get the right person to play at the right place at the right time. On the other hand a dj without a vision (aka jukebox) will play what ever the crowd wants and whenever the crowd wants to and is there only to please the crowd.

my 2 cents
#507 • • Dubchild Guest

I think there are two types of dj's. One with a vision and the other one without. Dj with a vision should play what he/she likes in order to build the vision and then it is up to the promoters to get the right person to play at the right place at the right time. On the other hand a dj without a vision (aka jukebox) will play what ever the crowd wants and whenever the crowd wants to and is there only to please the crowd.

my 2 cents

You said it my man. Nothing more annoying as a DJ who plays a certain kind(s) of music and people get pissed off when you're not playing something you never play anyway. Like Britney Spears or something.
#508 • • genki Guest

You said it my man. Nothing more annoying as a DJ who plays a certain kind(s) of music and people get pissed off when you're not playing something you never play anyway. Like Britney Spears or something.

ms spears being quite a rough example... but yeah, thats quite irritating... one seems to get that a lot when playing things with a broken beat instead of a 4/4 bassdrum...
#509 • • hexasonik Guest

ms spears being quite a rough example... but yeah, thats quite irritating... one seems to get that a lot when playing things with a broken beat instead of a 4/4 bassdrum...

in this dreaded time of 80's revival and 'electroclash' i've had a bit more than few duran duran requests when playing deep funk and northern soul.. :D

nothing against proper electro, though.
#510 • • Simon_London Guest

my 2 cents

so I am a DJ without vision? I always want to please the crowd, if i dont I feel unsatified that I havn't done my job properly.
When I play what the crowd wants it doesnt mean i take requests! I always play music from my record box and if its there it means I like it. Pleople expect a certain quality of music from me ...Funky House to Tribal Techno ..and whatever in between and I deliver it the best way i can to work and please the crowd.
If they are happy, then Im happy.

love and peace
Simon London

http://WWW.CLIMAX.AC
#511 • • genki Guest

my 2 cents

i also have to disagree a bit on this... i dont think a dj who wants to entertain the crowd is a dj without a vision. or of course it can be, but there is a possibility that they are a dj with _several_ visions who are not stuck to just one style. at home you can play whatever, but when you got a gig, your job is to make them punters dance, no? you dont play your 'weirdest avantgarde' no matter how good you thought it was, cos you know that the punter massive is gonna get their coats asap if they here an old aphex twin tune in the middle of the primetime in a house party. so flexibility and openmindedness do a good dj make, and of course you need a wicked selection to boot. but if your playing _only_ to yourself, you might as well stick to playing in tha bedroom IMO.

(and btw 'you' does not mean you, jUSSi, but djs in general)
#512 • • genki Guest

in this dreaded time of 80's revival and 'electroclash' i've had a bit more than few duran duran requests when playing deep funk and northern soul.. :D

muahah!!! tho the duran's actually do have a couple of wikkid tunes in their bag! ...altho i cant remember which ones. liked them as a wee kiddo, i did! :004: :D
#513 • • Dubchild Guest

i also have to disagree a bit on this... i dont think a dj who wants to entertain the crowd is a dj without a vision.

No no no, you misunderstand - the distinction is not between 'visionaries' and not, it's between DJs who will play whatever the crowd wants rather than what they themselves want, even if it is Ms Spears (that's what I say anyway, might not be the same as Jussi) - when I DJ if someone wants me to play a tune I have with me I'll probably play it cos I wouldn't have it there if I didn't think I might play it anyway, but I'm NOT gonna take a load of compilation CDs with me with loads of house or trance on them just in case someone wants me to play a track from them - cos that's not what I wanna play. Part of the point of being a DJ is you also get to hear music YOU want to, which may be stuff you won't get to hear in other places, and of course you also want the crowd to like it. But if I'm playing breaks and there's twenty people loving it and fifty people standing around the side saying "I wish he'd play some house/trance/hiphop/dnb/whatever" I'm not gonna go for that cos I'm more interested in pleasing the twenty - cos chances are they're the ones who came to hear me play the music I want to be known for playing. And yes Simon you're right when you say the DJ is there to entertain, but he or she shouldn't be made to sell their (musical) soul to play music they don't even like just to please punters who wouldn't know a good tune if it smacked 'em in the forehead! ;) Seen?
#514 • • genki Guest
i understand whatcha mean mate, just thought it a bit differently at first... cos of jussis post basically... it made it seem very black/white, but this post of yoorse iterated the opinion quite well. and i guess you, nick, know me well enough to know that i dont carry any 'return to trance' compilation cds in my bag either. ;] :D

but yeah, point taken. and hopefully this was jussis point clarified as well, cos otherwise we'd have to go on debating and i'd really wanna get away from the office now. :D :D :004:
#515 • • Dubchild Guest
No! Stay in the office!!!
#516 • • Simon_London Guest

And yes Simon you're right when you say the DJ is there to entertain, but he or she shouldn't be made to sell their (musical) soul to play music they don't even like just to please punters who wouldn't know a good tune if it smacked 'em in the forehead! ;) Seen?

I wouldnt sell my musical sould either, I got house in my box because I like it and thats what i play. Sure even at house clubs its impossible to please all the people all the time, but i do the best i can with the "house" records in my box. Best avoid playing R'nB cafe then !

Finally a decent debate with decent people on this forum!

Love and Peace

Simon London

#517 • • Ana-- Guest

Giving people A goodtime is the #1 thing!

Fuck that! Free booze and easy chicks is what being a DJ is all
about!
;)
#518 • • Tres Guest
No!!

This is me reading the 15 latest posts on this topic -> :018:

You make DJing sound almost as interesting as collecting
and pressing different kinds of flowers!!! Which is nice too, of
course: I'm not dissing anybodys hobbies!! Flowers are, like,
SO COOL!! :006:

But there are a couple of threads with discussion about
'proper' DJing in the Music-forum!! You should go and have your
serious conversations there!! :mad:

Love you all, though!! :004:
#519 • • Edited MissJarea Guest

Ok now you playing techno? Why? Learn first play one kind stuff good and then change to someone else... ok but it's you and i don't know what i thinking of you now. Seems you are wannabe Dj. LEARN FIRST TO PLAY. Sorry but now i don't like anymore what are you saying in here to everyone. I have enough of this shit!!!
:mad:

What the fuck are you bitching about? A good dj plays several styles! As for me, I've always played UK HardHouse/HardTrance, Drum'n Bass and now also Dutch HardHouse (= Techno for us scandinavians, aka marco v style).

Stop bitching, as my skills probably are better than yours!

BTW, where's a demo made by you???

WHen it comes to me playing some new tunes never before heard/half heard :

As a good dj, u put on a tune, smack on a new, listen fast, it is good- mix it in, if it sucks, throw on a new, check it and so on. Building up a set on demand is an important skill!!!
During sets sometimes people come over and as u to put a new demo they have made, u ahve to listen fast thru it while mixing (if u decite to give the poor lad a chance), see if it will fit in somewhere between your tracks...or if it even fits your style. What if ur bag gets stolen on the airport? U have to borrow tracks, too lame to cancel, you have to mix tracks that r not yours!
Get the drift?

So fuck off!

Besides it's fun and that counts teh most ;) AND for your record, the mates got totally suprised and liked the set and the tracks!!! I finnished off with dutch courage, marco v and a a techno tune from cluster.
#520 • • Ana-- Guest

Stop bitching, as my skills probably are better than yours!

BTW, where's a demo made by you???

=DDD LOL!

"YOU! You are the one I have been looking for!" (Bad lip sync)
"I have come to cleanse my grandfather's honour!" (Bad lip sync)
"Ha ha ha (Lack of enthusiasm on the voice-over)! My skills are
far superior than yours!" (Bad Lip Sync)
"We shall see!" (Bad Lip Sync)

(Clashing of weapons, random sound of tasteless violence)