Evirdy - Seven Days Till Tomorrow

8 posts, 1 page, 3,587 views

One of a kind

#1 • • Edited One of a kind
seven_days.jpg

The winter cold diminishes with each passing day, and now the sunlight hints at the subtle scent of springtime. I remember that afternoon from last year vividly. Lying alone under a tree in the park, seeing the rays of sunlight through the clouds and the leaves and just.. observing. Observing the people around me. A kid playing in the water, a happy young couple, a dog chasing a butterfly. I put my headphones on and press "play". I close my eyes and the image of the people around me start to fade away, into the background. Slowly the music draws me into another world.. a world where tomorrow is far, far away.

For this mix I mostly used old tracks with here and there newer ones (ranging from '95-'07!). Warm, melodic progressive trance (McProg free) and in the end a bit edgier tracks. I tried to look for some ch00ns that have been overlooked by the big jocks, so hope there is something for you to spot in there! Enjoy :)

Soundcloud

Comments/feedback are more than welcome.

progressive, trance

tracklist:
01. Ashtrax - Abandoned | GU Music
02. Starecase - Navigator | Hope Recordings
03. Adam Dived - Head First | Platipus
04. Incolumis - Angelic | Joof Deep
05. Ian Wilkie - Guten Morgen | Polyester Music
06. Rouge - Retro Piano | Platipus
07. Flash Brothers - Captured | Hooj Choons
08. Groovaholic - Bigi Mantra (Rouge mix) | Gekko
09. Poseidon - Supertransonic (Jody's Way Out West mix) | Hope Recordings
10. Earth Nation - An Artificial Dream | Eye-Q
11. Sharpside - Wave Cruising | Rotation Records

details - listen

--
Life is like a nose, get the most out of it.

Dasjonna

#2 • • Dasjonna - Dreamhall / Love Shack -
Great tracks here, nice to hear some older tracks like this spinned nowadays. Listened this as background music, but i will give it another go in near future for further analysis. Maybe next some James Holden & Luke Chable oriented material...?*slurps*
thomas

#3 • • Edited thomas
Holy Moly !

Adam Dived - Head First (Platipus)

Just awesome - going to wantlist, definitely
More comments to come..

Excellent mix, loved it. So much emotional trance in this one and deep too.
One of a kind

#4 • • One of a kind

Replying to Evirdy - Seven Days Till Tomorrow :

Dasjonna, 4.3.2010 16:50:
Great tracks here, nice to hear some older tracks like this spinned nowadays. Listened this as background music, but i will give it another go in near future for further analysis. Maybe next some James Holden & Luke Chable oriented material...?*slurps*

kiitos :)

Yeah, I love the oldschool and the prog trance era (pre 2003 ish). I enjoy digging up old overlooked ch00ns a lot, so I had a lot of fun with this one. Glad you enjoyed it and I look forward to a more in depth analysis ;)

Next one..? I don't know what I'll play for my next mix. But if I were to play another prog trance mix, it will be more peak hour oriented and with more (old) prog house influences.

--

jjkobsson

#5 • • jjkobsson
Simply just awesome set!

Listened it three times already in two days and playing again right now. Very good old progressive sound thru the set, just the way I like it. First five tracks are simply amazing, especially Ashtrax and that superb like a train storming thru anything Adam Dived (there's also some Gat Decor's Passionish sounds in the bassline, too which ain't a bad thing). Somehow I'm not so into the very end of the set yet, but perhaps with a few more plays I'll get into that also. Mixing is done very well also.

I'll download your mixes in the future for sure.

--
||jjkobsson||

One of a kind

#6 • • Edited One of a kind
Wow, thanks for those kind words. It's a huge compliment to hear that people think it's worth to listen to a mix of mine multiple times, when there are so many mixes out there from (established) DJs/producers :)

Mm what do you mean exactly by the very end of the set, the last two tracks?
I picked two somewhat edgier and pumping tracks, because I thought the mix could use that at the end. Playing more laidback tracks like before instead of the ones I picked, might have been resulted into a more flatlined mix.. I usually like some progression throughout the mix.

Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts though, I'm gonna keep that in mind and let it sink in a bit more *hihu*

--

jjkobsson

#7 • • jjkobsson

Replying to Evirdy - Seven Days Till Tomorrow :

One of a kind, 7.3.2010 21:20:
Mm what do you mean exactly by the very end of the set, the last two tracks?
I picked two somewhat edgier and pumping tracks, because I thought the mix could use that at the end. Playing more laidback tracks like before instead of the ones I picked, might have been resulted into a more flatlined mix.. I usually like some progression throughout the mix.

That's exactly what I meant. Progression is always nice but somehow to my taste during two first listens those two last tracks were a bit too different from the rest of the stuff. But now that I've listened it a couple of more times I've started to like it a bit more. But these are only matter of opinnions and despite those little things this is a great set!

--
||jjkobsson||

One of a kind

#8 • • One of a kind
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Also what I like about the last track, it has a very theatrical/dramatic sound. I think it's great for an outro.. especially since the first track has a lot of an intro vibe too, so to say*hih*

--