NYE 2010 Helsinki

8 posts, 1 page, 4,515 views

skattrd

#1 • • Edited skattrd
Hi all,
I'm coming to Helsinki New Years Eve and will be going to the Orkidea gig on New years day, but currently I'm undecided as to what to do NYE ... Part of me thinks I should save myself for the 23hrs of Orkidea and the other part says its New Years and to just go out and enjoy....

I've checked the calendar and "Liquid Skies" looks quite good, but where is it and what is "avec-invitation" ?
The Thrillseekers seemed like an option ... until I realised Tampere wasn't a suburb of Helsinki *blush*

Any suggestions?
Music wise I'm more in to trance than anything else and I hate D&B.

Thx
Chris

Ps. Is there a dress code for Redrum ? no trainers or anything?
skattrd

#4 • • skattrd
Cheers for the replies folks, and I'm glad my ignorance provided some humour Polly :D

After looking at the liquid skies thread (with the assistance of goggle translator) I can now see that its an underground event and as such details etc. will not be posted. This means its prob not an option for me as I really don't feel like hitting Helsinki 10pm NYE trying to find an underground venue. Its bad enough doing that in a city you know, nevermind in a foreign country when you don't speak the language .... I can see me getting very lost/confused and possibly ending up in Tampere *vink*

Currently I'm thinking I may just hit the hotel bar for a couple of hrs NYE and take it easy before going to redrum. Unless someone can suggest something worthwhile.
Amuck

#5 • • Amuck dub-i-dub

Replying to NYE 2010 Helsinki:

skattrd, 21.12.2009 10:47:
Currently I'm thinking I may just hit the hotel bar for a couple of hrs NYE and take it easy before going to redrum. Unless someone can suggest something worthwhile.

C'mon now, don't give up. :) See you @ Liquid Skies.

btw, this kinda IS a suburb for Helsinki, in my opinion :D The train ride isn't too bad if you really want to see Thrillseekers, 1,5 - 2 hours, and there are even some trains back to Helsinki in the morning.

--
Pyhä on sekä pohjattoman syvää että pohjattoman hauskaa. Jos totuutesi ei saa sinua nauramaan, kyseinen totuus saattaa olla perseestä.
-Aukikco

skattrd

#6 • • skattrd
Thx 2la, I'll think about liquid skies again. A short cab ride is about all I'll be up for really, so Thrillseekers is not really an option.

I'm quite looking forward to visiting Helsinki, though I'm not sure how much of the place I'll see ...
Amnesia

#7 • • Edited Amnesia
For Liquid skies you would basically need some local help, but why not *pepsodent*
Other than that, there are those options that you probably can figure out from the calendar, I don't want to be too specific since I want to be objective *nauru*

In any case, it's usually a good bet to stay away from annoying Finnish drunks during nights like NYE, but maybe it looks different from tourist point of view. But getting a good night's sleep and going for Orkidea once most Finns have passed out is not a bad idea for sure.
skattrd

#8 • • skattrd
Cheers for the info guys - it looks like Liquid Skies might be a no go for me. I can't get an invite as don't land in Finland until 9pm NYE, so probably won't be in town until 10:30pm.

I think it might be plan B for me then as nothing else in town really appeals to me.
Chill out NYE and go to Orkidea fresh and awake ... unlike most people there in the morning *vink*
this should mean I avoid most drunks and can hopefully get the most of the 23hrs.

Chris

Ps. feel free to say hello to me @ the Orkidea gig as I know nobody in Finland.