Progression_SensualityMix_sml.jpg

PROGRESSION (UK)
Liquid Crystal Sounds // Affinity // Millennium

http://www.liquidcrystalsounds.com
http://www.myspace.com/djprogression

Prog_LCS15.jpg

[iso]PROGRESSION - LCS SENSUALITY 'PROMO MIX'[/iso]

"Ladies & Gents...

This Summer, Liquid Crystal Sounds team up alongside Diiva; Turku’s premiere underground House event organisation. We aim to merge our own unique styles and techniques into one clubbing package to provide something special and certainly diverse.

Friday, July 3rd will see Rauma's Bar Hovi converted into a summer night of upfront electronic entertainment. With two Brits and two Finns behind the decks, it will prove to be a true battle of genres, styles and characters.

The following one hour Promo Mix was actually compiled and mixed specifically for the FINITY ESSENTIALS radio show hosted by Jussi Soro. It was broadcast on Tuesday 26th May on ETN.fm.

The emphasis of this mix was initially based on my more uptempo "sounding" tunes as well as incorporating a trancey sound (... as Finity Essentials is a trance based show). The tunes in this compilation are a selection of my top tracks that i've been hammering out over the last 6-8 months (November 2008 -> present).

Now newly christened the 'SENSUALITY' promo mix, the intention is to promote the style of music I tend to play when spinning the final set of a club night. Deep driving basslines, huge builds / breakdowns and lashings of techy atmospheric synths and strings. Expect to hear an accross-the-board performance at LCS Sensuality as i'll warm up with some rolling house and finish off with a set filled with tunes very similar to this mix.

Sit back, download and enjoy. This is your official warmup to the upcoming event where LCS and Diiva will sensually seduce you with over 6 hours of musical bliss…"

Cheers. Progression :)

[iso]TRACKLISTING:[/iso]

01] Mobilize - Before We Born (Reptilia Remix)
02] Rowald Steyn - Hold Control (Original Mix)
03] Paul Keeley - Run To You (Original Mix)
04] Sean Marx - You Are Everything (Vocal Mix)
05] Stoneface & Terminal - Blueprint (Original Mix)
06] Ronski Speed - Overfloat (Ronski Speed pres. Sun Decade Mix)
07] Hamilton - A Limit Of Perception (Original Mix)
08] Mr. Sam feat. ClAud9 - Cygnes (Original Mix)
09] Jose Amnesia & Una - You're Not Alone (Jose Amnesia Dub Mix)
10] Armin Van Buuren feat. Vera Ostrova - What If (Ohmna Remix)

Genres: house, progressive, progressive trance

Details - Listen

CLICK "HERE" to see full information on the upcoming
"SENSUALITY" event in BAR HOVI, RAUMA (03.07.2009)

#2 • • Mekha
Great! Downloading ->*joo*
Muikku

#4 • • Muikku
Im awesomed :P.. downloading
Leonides

#5 • • Leonides
Finally :)) Have been waiting for this one...
Progression

#6 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Leonides, 25.6.2009 16:34:
Finally :)) Have been waiting for this one...

A few people have asked for the mix. Just thought to leave it a month and use it for the LCS "Sensuality" promotion. I'll be playing a similar sound there as I already mentioned. But, crank it up and enjoy! *nuotti*
Bio

#8 • • Bio The Bullies / Pinky
We were at Kupittaa park drinking and this mix just fit perfectly at the mood :) Beautiful atmosphere and little bit of techy sounds which i always like (surprise :D). Thanks!
Mark

#11 • • Edited Mark d a n c e m a c h i n e s
Nice mix. A bit more on the proggier side than trance IMO, but nevertheless guaranteed summer sound *joo* Was it just me, or was beginning of the mix actually more pumping than the end? I think there were more melodies and 'dreamy' feelings after halfway. Anyway, nice progression and smooth mixing, will listen to it several times.

edit: Oh, and I really liked the starting tune! *tanssittel*

Cheers!

-M

--
VELHO, CAPTAIN, U NAME IT!

Progression

#12 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Replying to Progression - LCS 'Sensuality' Promo Mix:

Mark, 1.7.2009 13:18:
Nice mix. A bit more on the proggier side than trance IMO, but nevertheless guaranteed summer sound *joo*

First up, cheers for the feedback :)

These days I don't really play trance. Not my cup of tea... In fact, I haven't spun a trance set in a club for 2yrs+ ...I don't feel that there is enough in the music for me anymore. I've drifted from those faster bpm's and floated into the slower rolling progier, housier beats. In these genres the sound is fresher (for me anyway) and the choice of top producers is endless.

Despite this, I do still of course buy tunes which contain some trancey sounding synths and heavy breakdowns. This mix (as mentioned before) was purposely veered towards the trancier sound as it was created for a trance based radio show. Ultimately, this set is a prog house / prog trance set with many tunes pitched up (no damn Master tempo used though!).

Was it just me, or was beginning of the mix actually more pumping than the end? I think there were more melodies and 'dreamy' feelings after halfway. Anyway, nice progression and smooth mixing, will listen to it several times.

edit: Oh, and I really liked the starting tune! *tanssittel*

You would be correct. The mix doesn't beat around the bush. It bangs straight in there with the 'Mobilize' tune (glad you like) which features tough grooves and a deeper darker sound. The mix gradually progresses until it has transformed into the dreamier melodic genres of progressive which I am a big fan of. I love 'atmosphere' in the music I DJ. I am not a big fan of monotonous sets. Thus, for me, a lot of minimal tracks just aren't up my street.

Have a good summer and hope this mix keeps the happy vibes rolling *piis* :)
Tommy Court

#16 • • Tommy Court FLARE / FACTION / CLUB 86 RECORDINGS

Replying to Progression - LCS 'Sensuality' Promo Mix:

Progression, 28.8.2009 20:00:
---
Tombba, 2.7.2009 19:08:
Listening... More comments later...

---

Still waiting Mr. ;)

Glad you liked anyway! That first track is a killer! Loved it from the moment I heard it!

Damn! I totally forgot! I'll take another listen tomorrow and drop some comments here *vink*

PS. Check my Finity Essential guestmix! *vink* http://klubitus.org/musiikki.php?id=7082
Tommy Court

#17 • • Tommy Court FLARE / FACTION / CLUB 86 RECORDINGS
Yep it's still great! *hymy* Top class mixing, great tunes and it sounds like you! Top tunes: 01] Mobilize - Before We Born (Reptilia Remix), 08] Mr. Sam feat. ClAud9 - Cygnes (Original Mix), 09] Jose Amnesia & Una - You're Not Alone (Jose Amnesia Dub Mix) and 10] Armin Van Buuren feat. Vera Ostrova - What If (Ohmna Remix).
Progression

#18 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Cheers for the full listen & feedback.

I guess it is true to say that this mix reflects my prog-trancier side. Many tracks are 128-130bpm... and were pitched up to get the tempo sounding a bit quicker. I have mentioned before in this 'Sensuality' mix thread that spinning faster bpm's isn't so much for me any more. The slower, rolling, uplifting tracks are my preference.

I'll be throwing another mix up here soon. Something a bit more chilled. I'll keep ya posted. See you soon and enjoy this last weekend of August.