Konemetsa 2008 -I have a terrible problem right now.

15 posts, 1 page, 6,614 views

Flytime

#1 • • Flytime
Hi fellow brothers and sisters!

I've been so looking forward to konemetsa. I just got to know that my booked boat will not arrive until 19.50 finnish time. Which unfortunately is to late for the bus to konemetsa which i had booked. I do not understand finnish so i did'nt know were to put this thread. If someone knows were it would be better placed and could help me with that (maybe even place it) it would be of GREAT aprecation!

What i need to find out is if there's other busses that can take me to the site or if there's any gentle, life saving soul out there who's going and have a seat (or there trunk) left for a nice gentle, 21 year old brother. Of course i pay my share. No doubts!
#2 • • astaroth Guest
if i remember correctly, there was a couple of rides offering share seats for the trip. if i can find them from the forum, i will post them for you to this thread
#3 • • astaroth Guest
here you go. this guy (nick Stike-Z) was offering a ride for two to the event. he's leaving from espoo, which is in the capital area. drop him e-mail. if he's got a place for you, i'm pretty sure you can figure something out

nick url: http://klubitus.org/profiili.php?nimi=Stike-Z
e-mail: [email protected]
Tyranoid

#6 • • Tyranoid FINRG
Last year the buses from Helsinki left about an hour late. If you're lucky, they haven't sorted that out this year, but I wouldn't count on it... :)
#7 • • niomic Guest

Flytime, 10.7.2008 01:43:
Hi fellow brothers and sisters!

I've been so looking forward to konemetsa. I just got to know that my booked boat will not arrive until 19.50 finnish time. Which unfortunately is to late for the bus to konemetsa which i had booked. I do not understand finnish so i did'nt know were to put this thread. If someone knows were it would be better placed and could help me with that (maybe even place it) it would be of GREAT aprecation!

What i need to find out is if there's other busses that can take me to the site or if there's any gentle, life saving soul out there who's going and have a seat (or there trunk) left for a nice gentle, 21 year old brother. Of course i pay my share. No doubts!

Are you getting off the boat in Turku or Helsinki?

The ride that was suggested is going from Espoo(next to Helsinki) and they planned on leaving quite early, like before 17.00. If you are coming to Helsinki, the latter bus leaves at 20:00, so if you're quick getting off the boat (as in first one out) and take a cab to Kiasma, you could make it. It might be a good idea to contact Konemetsä personnel who are organizing the Helsinki busses if they could have one bus wait for you for some time.

The Turku bus leaves at 19:00, so that is too much of a stretch.

There were other rides offered, but unfortunately I'm too busy at work atm. to go through the threads to find them for you atm. :/

Hoppas att allt går bra och vi ses i Konemetsä >;)
Amuck

#8 • • Edited Amuck dub-i-dub
I assume you're arriving in Turku, with Viking Line: there is a "normal" bus leaving from the port of Turku 20:45. It leaves right in front of the terminal, bay 8, and the price is ~10 e. It won't take you to Konemetsä, but you could ask the driver which is the closest stop to Ollila (about 5km after Marttila stop) and then hitchike the last kilometres from there - sure there will be some friendly people with cars at 21:30.

More info on the buses: http://matkahuolto.fi/en/
Search for Turku harbour - Marttila th.

Hopefully all goes fine!

ps. tuon ajankohdan perusteella veikkaisin että se on Turku; Hkiin ei taida tulla yhtään paattia tuohon aikaan?

--
Pyhä on sekä pohjattoman syvää että pohjattoman hauskaa. Jos totuutesi ei saa sinua nauramaan, kyseinen totuus saattaa olla perseestä.
-Aukikco

tomii

#9 • • tomii kallion herttua

niomic, 10.7.2008 08:09:
---
Flytime, 10.7.2008 01:43:

PROBLEM

---

The ride that was suggested is going from Espoo(next to Helsinki) and they planned on leaving quite early, like before 17.00. If you are coming to Helsinki, the latter bus leaves at 20:00, so if you're quick getting off the boat (as in first one out) and take a cab to Kiasma, you could make it. It might be a good idea to contact Konemetsä personnel who are organizing the Helsinki busses if they could have one bus wait for you for some time.

This is probably the best idea to contact Konemetsä organizers. IF you're lucky they might be able to hold that bus for a moment. Though I believe that the organizers might be hell of a busy right now, so I hope they are able to even answer to your query. :/

--
reivaan kunnes kuolen

Flytime

#10 • • Flytime

Tuula, 10.7.2008 08:49:
I assume you're arriving in Turku, with Viking Line: there is a "normal" bus leaving from the port of Turku 20:45. It leaves right in front of the terminal, bay 8, and the price is ~10 e. It won't take you to Konemetsä, but you could ask the driver which is the closest stop to Ollila (about 5km after Marttila stop) and then hitchike the last kilometres from there - sure there will be some friendly people with cars at 21:30.

Hopefully all goes fine!

ps. tuon ajankohdan perusteella veikkaisin että se on Turku; Hkiin ei taida tulla yhtään paattia tuohon aikaan?

First of all. Thanks a lot for your answers! They are of great apreciation. Is it possible to take a bicycle on the bus? Or is their possible even going by bicycle to the spot? I'm arriving at Åbo, that's correct. I can't believe i missed to inform about that.

Is it easy to find Konemetsa on the map and is there possible going there through the roads? Does anyone has any experience on hitching a lift in Soumi? The bus seems very well, most probably i will go with that!

Best regards! Soon partytime!
See you on the dancefloors!
Jone

#11 • • Jone Archibald Haddock

Flytime, 10.7.2008 11:29:
First of all. Thanks a lot for your answers! They are of great apreciation. Is it possible to take a bicycle on the bus? Or is their possible even going by bicycle to the spot? I'm arriving at Åbo, that's correct. I can't believe i missed to inform about that.

Is it easy to find Konemetsa on the map and is there possible going there through the roads? Does anyone has any experience on hitching a lift in Soumi? The bus seems very well, most probably i will go with that!

Well, if you really want to you can certainly hop on your bicycle in Turku and in a few hours you should be in Marttila. Wouldn't really recommend it though (but then again I'm lazy). Check Google Maps for Marttila's location and distance from Turku.

Use the bus and save some energy. *hihu*
#12 • • niomic Guest

---
Tuula, 10.7.2008 08:49:

Hopefully all goes fine!

---

Well since it is a longer distance bus, I assume they have extra space for luggage, so a bicycle is not totally out of the question, you might want to check with Matkahuolto first. Biking the last 5km shouldn't be a problem as long as you have googlemaps printed out.

Another idea: if you arrive within 5km of the place, you could either walk it or try to ask if someone would be willing to pick you up, it's only like a 10min trip for them. And 5km is nothing if you don't have too much stuff :P
Amuck

#13 • • Amuck dub-i-dub

You can take a bike with you on the bus, if there's room for it. :D In theory, you should notice the bus company a day ahead, but if the driver isn't a total asshole he'll let you take it. Anyhow, I bet it's more of a hassle to take it to the ferry with you!

I'd advice you to do as I told. The bus will take road 10, and after Marttila I'm quite sure there will be a stop near Ollila road. From there, it's only couple of kilometers, there are Konemetsä signs to guide you from road 10, and trust me, there will be people going to the spot at that time.

You could even print out this map and show it to the bus driver. :)

--
Pyhä on sekä pohjattoman syvää että pohjattoman hauskaa. Jos totuutesi ei saa sinua nauramaan, kyseinen totuus saattaa olla perseestä.
-Aukikco

Esa

#14 • • Esa

Jone, 10.7.2008 11:42:
---
Or is their possible even going by bicycle to the spot? I'm arriving at Åbo, that's correct.

---

Well, if you really want to you can certainly hop on your bicycle in Turku

The distance between Turku and Marttila is 40 km so it'll take around 3 hours with a bike. Depending on the pace of course.

Source:

http://www.tiehallinto.fi/valimatkat
ipe

#15 • • ipe X-Rust / Holvi

Esa, 10.7.2008 13:14:
---
Jone, 10.7.2008 11:42:
---
Or is their possible even going by bicycle to the spot? I'm arriving at Åbo, that's correct.

---

Well, if you really want to you can certainly hop on your bicycle in Turku

---

The distance between Turku and Marttila is 40 km so it'll take around 3 hours with a bike. Depending on the pace of course.

Source:

http://www.tiehallinto.fi/valimatkat

and the distance beetween Turku Harbour and Konemetsä Festival site is 52,5 km

Source:

maps.google.com

--
I am 100% certain that Elwira and Miss Jarea are just two sides of the same person and this whole thread is just a really good promotion/publicity trick. And this is a fact.
- jUSSi