BEATNIKS 16.4 KOOL FM IN THE HOUSE - DJ ALITE(UK/ITA) 16.4.2008 @ Helsinki

5 posts, 1 page, 1,615 views

Physics

#1 • • Edited Physics Radio - suckers never play me!
BEATNIKS 16.4.2008 - KOOL FM LONDON IN THE HOUSE

895009191_l.jpg

DJ ALITE (KOOL FM, OFFBEAT, UK/ITA)

Faso has been DJing for ten years, concentrating on the mature end of drum and bass for the past seven. She grew up in her native Rome, and from an early age had a strong passion for music. It was attending the club I Magazzini Generali at 17 that switched her on to dance music, specifically progressive house. However, this began to get tiresome after a while, and after coming across dnb for the first time at Bluecheese, she was hooked! In 1998 Giovanna took up DJing for the first time, and within a few months was playing in bars and clubs across Rome. These included Baja, Obhus, Voodoo Bar and Linux Club. She linked up with the Bluecheese crew around the same time, and in 2002 became more involved in the running of their nights. After a year working for Bluecheese and juggling a full-time job in insurance, she made the move to London in order to take up a degree in Events and Music Management. She has already established her name in London, with appearances at Carling Academy (Islington), Herbal (Old Street), Clockwork (Angel), The Purple Turtle (Camden), Koko-former Camden Palace (Camden), Colour-former Under Solo (Camden), Lockside Lounge (Camden), Ministry of Sound (Elephant & Castle), Heaven (Charing Cross), The Rocket (Holloway) and Cafe 1001 to name a few. Summer 2005 has seen Giovanna launch an exciting new fortnightly residency at Colour in the heart of Camden. The night was called OffBeat and showcased established drum n bass guests as well as being a platform for new talent. It has seen appearances from A.I, A-Sides, Physics, Influx UK, Skitty, The Insiders and more. Offbeat has also promoted in conjunction with the Drumclub crew the "Summer Boat Party" in May 2006. She also runs her own show on the infamous KOOL FM london pirate, something many dnb dj:s only dreams of doing.

www.myspace.com/alite

Support from Finnish souljahs Physics (Metalheadz, MAC II), Kaleb (Defunked, Primetime) and Switch One (Basso)

Beatniks 16.4@Redrum, Vuorikatu 4. Tickets 5e (including a drink) K-19