Underground Clinic Sunday Morning Afterparty with Rui Da Silva (PT) @ Rose Garden 8.6.2008

29 posts, 2 pages, 5,558 views

-Clinic-

#1 • • Edited -Clinic-
Underground Clinic Sunday Morning Afterparty @ Rose Garden
Sunday 8.6.2008 // 05:00-12:00 // Age 20

ruidasilvafrontnet.jpg

Rose Garden
Iso Roobertinkatu 10
00100 Helsinki

Operating room:

Rui Da Silva (PT)
Easy Coma (resident)
Ville Vähäsaari (Disko Tekno Kollektiv)
J.Kusti
Flinkki Helsinki

Time table:

05:00 Ville Vähäsaari b2b J.Kusti
06:30 Rui Da Silva
08:30 Easy Coma
10:00 Flinkki

Observation room:

-Staff on holiday-

Tickets:
Clinic visits booked in advance: 8 €
(from www.tiketti.fi & Street Beat)
Charge at the Clinic reception: 10 €

Clinic information:
X-rays: Marx

www.clinic.fi

ruidasilvabacknet.jpg

ruinet.jpg

Rui Da Silva Biography

RUI DA SILVA – www.myspace.com/ruidasilva

Rui Da Silva is without doubt Portugal’s ambassador of quality electronic music; his production work and DJ skills have gained him worldwide recognition. From his early nineties’ releases as Underground Sound of Lisbon on the legendary Tribal America to the gargantuan number one house hit ‘Touch Me’ in 2000 and now into the minimal house sound, Rui has always evolved with his time and left a significant imprint on each genre he’s ever approached.

Inspired by things like Japan, David Sylvia, Brian Eno and Sonic Youth, Rui’s debut release in ’92 was experimental to say the least. That’s when he formed the label Kaos Records. Rui’s innovative and quality sounds elevated ‘Kaos’ to the pinnacle of the house movement, while securing him a licensing to the late ‘Tribal Records’ and more recently to ‘Twisted Records’ (USA). Rui’s success with ‘Kaos’ ensured global exposure and provided him with the confidence to develop the ‘Underground Sound of Lisbon’ with close friend DJ Vibe with releases that became underground classics.

Disgruntled with a local club scene that was becoming more of a distraction than an inspiration, he left Portugal in 1999 to immerse himself in London’s booming music industry. Rui believed that this was “where things are happening, where more people are exposed to my music.” London, needless to say, was smitten with the newcomer, and Rui quickly established a considerable following and a high level of exposure, ultimately enabling him to set up a new label, ‘Kismet Records’ in 2000.

‘Kismet’, a Turkish word for ‘fulfillment of destiny’, not only represents anyone committed to that genuine underground house sound, but also heralds the fulfillment in destiny of its label owner, Rui Da Silva. Kismet has garnered praise and a loyal following from the dance industry because of the genuinely underground nature of the tracks. ‘Kismet’s’ success was further fuelled with their fourth release, ‘Touch Me’ which went straight to number 1 in the pop charts and turned out to be a massive crossover success. It subsequently won a Muzik award for being the biggest single in 2001.

A couple of years ago, Rui Da Silva grew out of the progressive house music he was known for to explore new sounds. Technology enabled him to do things never possible 5 years ago. This coincided with the creation of Kismet’s sister label, 64 Records, which offers more space for exploration and experimentation. The genre is a cross between the electro vibe and the minimal sound.

The latest on Rui’s prolific career is the release of 64 Records’ first album, Praying Mantis by the man himself. Released worldwide as a digital album, Praying Mantis finds Rui in wonderfully experimental form; twelve tracks of sonic innovation and electronic dexterity from one of dance music's finest producers. Rui explains: "This album is where my head is at the moment. I've been off using singers for awhile and my intention was to do an album of no vocals at all. Since this isn't a 12" release for DJ's, it has given me the opportunity to express ideas in music that I usually do not have the chance to use."

kismetlogo.gif

logo.gif
viili

#2 • • viili
ruita saattaa olla pakko kyl tulla kahtoon *joo*
serotonot

#4 • • Edited serotonot Paul Easy

Wolverine, 21.2.2008 22:44:
touch me!

Ei taida kyl touch me ainakaan ihan alkuperäisessä muodossaan hirveen usein ainakaan ton äijän seteissä enää soida :D

Uudempaa omaa tuotantoa kylläkin, joka osuu omaan makuhermoon kyl paremmin ku toi vanha hitti
-Clinic-

#5 • • -Clinic-
Ennakot nyt myynnissä Street Beatissa ja Tiketissä.
-Clinic-

#6 • • -Clinic-
Tapahtuman ajankohta muuttuu iltabileistä aamuiksi meistä riippumattomista syistä. Underground Clinicin kesäkauden avajaisia juhlitaan nyt sunnuntaiaamuna alkaen klo 05.
UzU

#7 • • UzU [33100]

-Clinic-, 26.4.2008 16:34:
Tapahtuman ajankohta muuttuu iltabileistä aamuiksi meistä riippumattomista syistä. Underground Clinicin kesäkauden avajaisia juhlitaan nyt sunnuntaiaamuna alkaen klo 05.

mut silti..

Clinic information:
Enter Clinic before 23.00 and get a free drink!

Joutuu tulee aamuille suht ajois.
-Clinic-

#8 • • -Clinic-
Tämänkin tapahtuman radiomainosta voit kuunnella niin paljon kuin haluat osoitteessa http://www.clinic.fi ja sieltä Audio Therapy -osio.
Jinx

#9 • • Jinx Superfeminine
Täytyy tulla! *sydän*

--
Pyllykkä

dj upi

#10 • • Edited dj upi
Hmmm... Voisi herätä aikaisin juhlimaan :)

Eiku prkl, puuttuu viel puol kuukautta tost 20 iästä :(
-Clinic-

#11 • • Edited -Clinic-
Ilonamme on kertoa teille että:

Beatroot aukeaa tänä kyseisenä sunnuntaina poikkeuksellisesti klo 11, joten aamuista voi sulavasti siirtyä sinne jatkamaan sunnuntaipäivää huurteisten merkeissä. Myös terassi auki kelivarauksella!
Aune-mummo

#12 • • Aune-mummo Hitsaa homo kinttaaseen
Aune tulee vetäseen aamu *possu**känni* ku tota kesälomaaki on vielä jäljellä 2,5 kk
-Clinic-

#13 • • Edited -Clinic-
Time table:

05:00 Ville Vähäsaari b2b J.Kusti
06:30 Rui Da Silva
08:30 Easy Coma
10:00 Flinkki
Jinx

#14 • • Jinx Superfeminine
Kohta tää on! *plur*

--
Pyllykkä

-Clinic-

#16 • • Edited -Clinic-
Huomenaamulla sitten kuumimmat kesänavajaisbileet Rui Da Silvan tahdissa. Eilisen Turun keikan jälkeen ei voi kuin lämpimästi suositella kaikille! Lisäksi J.Kusti saapuu Ville Vähäsaaren seuraksi b2b keikalle.
Unik

#17 • • Unik
Tykkäsin *sydän*
sts

#18 • • sts Sama pyynti aitta!
Harmi että voimat loppuivat silvan loppupuolella kesken ja joutui poistumaan. Pitkästä aikaa aamubileet jossa viihtyi. *piis*
kokosbollar

#19 • • kokosbollar franks and beans!
Oli ihan jees, harmi vaan että väsähdin ja joutu lähtee nuksimaan juuri kun bileet alkoi vasta käynnistyä. Ensi kertaan siis! *hihu*

--
Yeah, I know.
- Andy Pipkin -

-P

#20 • • -P
erityis-propsit kustille ja villelle helvetin hyvästä setistä. rui ei ihan samaan yltännyt.

--
Sota on Rauhaa, Vapaus on Orjuutta, Tietämättömyys on Voimaa -George Orwell