Ali Catin - Fourier Transform (LCS)

8 posts, 1 page, 2,992 views

AliCat

#1 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
jason_baudline.jpg

Hei..heres the latest installment of LCS on tour.

This is my favourite mix to date. We have many different sounds and feelings running in this one from the manic and electrofying uplifting sounds of Jim Rivers to the opressive synths of Joel Mull and of course twisted beats of Laurent Garnier.

comments welcome...

Tracklisting comming up soon
acid, elektro, house, progressive, tekno, trance

tracklist:

details - listen
alexfish333

#2 • • alexfish333
Sounds good bro-just what I need to get me going on my way to work on the subway ;-)
Progression

#5 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
...Top of the Download to ya!

Cool to see another Ableton mix. I guess people have doubts over Ableton mixing, but its nice to know the ins-&-outs of that software... After all, you know yourself that you can already mix records and CD's well... so, why not give Ableton a whirl :)

Comments to follow --->
AliCat

#6 • • Edited AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

I guess people have doubts over Ableton mixing, but its nice to know the ins-&-outs of that software...

Yup....i would think that you need to spend more time preparing an ableton mix that you do for CD or vinyl and if you take enough care you get good results as regards the beatmatchin. Its not just as simple as pushing a button and they are beatmatched. There are a few tiny mistakes on the last ableton mix i put out (this is the second). The quality of sound with ableton is definately good....esp compared to mixin on a DJM600 for listening ouf of club. Allen & Heaths are a little better quality. One difficulty is that if u dont have a midicontoller, only mouse and keyboard you dont have as nice control over the levels as you do on a mixer.

basically for doin a straight mix with beatmatchin similar tunes...dont bother with ableton...vinyl and cd to some extent looks better and feels better

if you want to spend time crafting a mix with contrasting and complimentary sounds, beats and styles...ableton is your boy!

There are other options out also.....finyl scratch which allows u to play audiofiles through a platter that you controll from your turntable....also Fruityloops has just released decadance...but not sure about that yet.
Homegrove

#7 • • Homegrove Further
Great tunes, only problem I had as really with the tempo which was a bit too much for me for homelistening, it would've been just right for club of course. :)

Looking forward to more Ableton mixes once you learn more with all the possibilities it offers. I myself haven't yet progressed beyond opening it, scratching my head for 5 minutes and then closing it angry. :DD

--
Forward thinking house music

AliCat

#8 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Homegrove, 26.5.2007 09:48:
Great tunes, only problem I had as really with the tempo which was a bit too much for me for homelistening, it would've been just right for club of course. :)

yup it is a tad too fast at the start ....esp the spiritcatcher remix...deserves about 126bpm...not the 128 it is, but had to settle for a midpoint as the later tunes....esp the Laurent Garnier sound dead slow at 126....not quite sure how to record the bpm changes in ableton yet as its rendered...not recorded to an external device..but it should be possible..will find out this evening :)

Looking forward to more Ableton mixes once you learn more with all the possibilities it offers. I myself haven't yet progressed beyond opening it, scratching my head for 5 minutes and then closing it angry. :DD

yup...still alot to learn about it..cant wait to hook up to a mixer and midicontoller.
Keep at it...if u perservere itll suddenly all click. Its a great tool to have....compliment to cd/vinly DJin and great for production too....

cheers for the comment!!