DJ Progression - Choon! 'Airborne' [Uplifting :: Prog/Trance]

26 posts, 2 pages, 9,451 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
[iso]DJ Progression - Choon! 'Airborne'[/iso]

progressive, trance

"Better late than never :)

Here is a replication of my set from Vappu's Choon! 'Airborne' this year. It's a journey of progressive trance. The more dreamy rolling and vocal side. Beginning at approximately 129bpm and ending on around 134bpm.

It's purpose was to bridge the gap between DJ Flight's pumping energetic style to Jussi Soro's more Trancey style.

The crowd response was good so I thought to share it once again. Download, crank up the volume and feel Airborne ;)

Cheers. Progression :)"

Tracklisting::

Chris Lake feat. Emma Hewitt - Carry Me Away (Original Club Mix)
Sultan & Ned Shepard - Together We Rise (Original Mix)
Roland Klinkenberg - Nick Of Time (Original Mix)
Jay Lumen - Circulation (Original Mix)
Sonorous - Glass Garden 2007
Gabriel Batz - Boulevard (DC Project Walking Remix)
Ohmna - I'm Lost (Original Mix)
Miika Kuisma & OlliS - Awakening (Noel Sanger Remix)
Stalker - Magic Crayons (Maor Levi Remix)
Jose Amnesia feat Jennifer Rene - Louder (Robert Nickson Remix)
Coldplay - Swallowed By The Sea (Ques Blue Wave Mix)
Joni - The Things I Never Tell You (Original Mix)
Jussi Polet - Two Seas Apart
Super8 & DJ Tab - Needs To Feel (Original Mix)
Hammer & Funabashi feat. Angie Hedman - These Moments (Original Mix)
Maor Levi - Reflect

details - listen

**** Comments Welcome... ****
OCS

#3 • • OCS
Now playing. It was an excellent set if I remember right :)
Muikku

#4 • • Muikku
Awesome-O!!
Progression

#5 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
*piis* Cheers so far for the comments...

I can't deny that i had been waiting weeks and weeks to find the right moment to drop one absolute beauty of a tune... It's the follow up from "People Get Lost!"... same sense of style... but no lyrics needed for this second production planted here. The deep melancholic yet beautiful synths rise and rise... Perfect :)

*tähti* *tähti* Ohmna - I'm Lost (Original Mix) *tähti* *tähti*
villelope

#6 • • villelope Lope of Lope & Kantola
Great selection of tracks and good progression (lol) of the set.

Lately I've been listening to harmonic mixes and playing/listening a tad tighter sets myself, so it was quite different to hear these tracks played "old style".

Being a liveset, your playing technique is superb though.
#8 • • cjet Guest
I put this on listen. *hymy*
Progression

#9 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Cheers for all the listens people... *nuotti*

Hope to see many of you at Liquid | Crystal | Sounds "Horizons" on June 9th in Raatihuone UG. There you will see me spin a slightly more downtempo set (like the beginning of this) alongside DJ's: Mark Kinnier, Homegrove and Nescio :) Looking forward to that one...

Ali Catin, 22.5.2007 20:12:
more quality from Gavio!!

still ragin im missin these nights out but not long now!

... Not long Ali until your outta prison... i mean the States ;) Then back to the usual... Bar?
#11 • • cjet Guest
*jiihaa* Too bad Choon! is only held in Turku.. *tirsk* Very, Very good mix. *hihu*
eden

#12 • • eden Heidi
*joo* I like this mix...keep going *tanssittel*

--
Let The Music Play

Progression

#13 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

eden, 24.5.2007 07:16:
*joo* I like this mix...keep going *tanssittel*

More of this to come at LCS "Horizons" *vink*

... I am a huge fan of DJ Remy, Maor Levi, Funabashi, Jussi Polet and Chris Lake (to name a handfull)... Such quality productions! Each producer(s) seem(s) to have the knack of creating brilliance over and over again... Music with emotion... not just a plodding 7minute track set-filler.

Anyways... Catch u on the 9th :)
AliCat

#14 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Chris Lake & Remy rock....Remy is one of those long standing producers...good stuff

Chris lake however has recently dropped into the commercial electro sound of last year...would love to hear him start producing the good old tech prog and trance from years ago again. maybe its time :)
Bio

#15 • • Bio The Bullies / Pinky
It's good to listen this mix sober, cause i have some memoryproblems @ choon :D

Again Klinkenberg's sound rocks! It's just what i like: techy and weird (or what is best word for "härö" :D). And as usually, nice mixing & beautiful atmosphere.
RiD

#16 • • Edited RiD Nukemi
very nice mix, not exactly my taste. (tho, haven't yet listened it with real thought, have just listened it as some backround music while doing other stuff on my computer, so i might've missed some parts) The sound itself in this mix is a bit too ummh. slow/progressive for my liking(OR, maybe im just too drunk at the moment ;) ). Still, 100% DJ progression quality set, no flaws and the set has been built up very nicely.

I appreciate your mixes, keep up the good work!

edit nr2: im still waiting for more of those drum&bass mixes of yours, those make my day.

--
*super* *possu*

Progression

#17 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Bio, 25.5.2007 22:56:
It's good to listen this mix sober, cause i have some memoryproblems @ choon :D

*vink* I think by the end we all did... That Skumpa behind the decks did its fair share of damage!

Again Klinkenberg's sound rocks! It's just what i like: techy and weird (or what is best word for "härö" :D). And as usually, nice mixing & beautiful atmosphere.

Techy and weird are just the words. Very different from other producers. It's always nice to hear any Klinkenberg tune find its way into a mix CD or Live set :) Oh yeah... Thanks for the feedback. All appreciated.
Progression

#18 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

RiD, 26.5.2007 04:22:
very nice mix, not exactly my taste. (tho, haven't yet listened it with real thought, have just listened it as some backround music while doing other stuff on my computer, so i might've missed some parts) The sound itself in this mix is a bit too ummh. slow/progressive for my liking(OR, maybe im just too drunk at the moment ;) ).

*känni* haha :) It's all good... I kind of guess that this mix would seem quite down-tempo and chilled compared to the more harder styles that you like. This for me (by the end of the mix) is a good pace (134bpm). However, i very much enjoy a nice paced (130-132bpm) set of progressive trance to warm a crowd up. Speed doesn't always do it for me these days (not the drug *vink*... the bpm :)

Still, 100% DJ progression quality set, no flaws and the set has been built up very nicely.

I appreciate your mixes, keep up the good work!

edit nr2: im still waiting for more of those drum&bass mixes of yours, those make my day.

Thanks for the listen and comments anyhow. Always nice to have some feedback. I guess these days i just don't have the time to do old skool mixes. There are just so many new tunes coming out every second! Ever since the explosion of Digital Downloads it's been crazy. So many producers getting a chance to strut their stuff. Its a really good thing :)

But... Lets see if i do a guest mix this year (like last) for a Hard Dance Radio station. Then i'll dig out my classics and old skool and compile a D&B mixdown... *piis*
workunit

#19 • • workunit Hymyilevä kukkakeppi
Very nice mix as usual. Good techique, great mixing, nice choons, well you know how to make it work *hymy* I really liked this one!