DJ Progression - Gradual Ascent [Deep :: Prog/Trance]

20 posts, 1 page, 7,710 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
[iso]DJ Progression - Gradual Ascent[/iso]

deep, house, progressive, trance

"This succession of tunes were spontaneously put together a little while back. The emphasis was not to spin promo's or totally new material. The idea here was more to merge some deeper progressive house with some more driving, uplifting proggy trance over a 75-80 minute mark.

This transition of genres is often the step-change I have to build. From the more House orientated DJ to the more Prog-Trancey DJ.

So... Download, enjoy... and feel the music slowly build as it undertakes its 'gradual ascent'."

Tracklisting::

16 Bit Lolitas - Take My Life [Deep Records - 3Beat]
Mike Brin - That Strange Planet [Morrison]
Sia - Drink To Get Drunk (Sultan & Tone Depth Rework) [Cd-r]
Jay Lumen vs Tobias Hoppe - One Moment (A Dawn On The Beach Mix)
[Pure Substance Records]
Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Luke Chable Mix) [Cd-r]
Roland Klinkenberg - What's The Point (Original Mix) [Armada Music]
Perry O'Neil - Gravity (Original Mix) [Armada Music]
Filo & Peri - Ordinary Moment (Breakfast Remix) [Cd-r]
Roland Klinkenberg - Nick Of Time (Original Mix)
Jinkso

#2 • • Jinkso FINRG
Cover art looks nice as usual!
I'll sure give this one a listen through! *joo*
thomas

#3 • • thomas
looks good, gotta dl :)
Anny

#4 • • Edited Anny Hurricane-Munster
Some absolute belters there! *joo*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

Bio

#5 • • Bio The Bullies / Pinky
Sasha - Cloud cuckoo (Luke Chable mix)
I just love that tune <3
must download when i get home..
DJTidyVicious

#6 • • DJTidyVicious Tidy Addict
very good track list :)

--
Tidy Addict
I Love VC

Muikku

#7 • • Muikku
Awesome!!
Progression

#8 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Bio, 9.3.2007 08:29:
Sasha - Cloud cuckoo (Luke Chable mix)
I just love that tune <3
must download when i get home..

Yeps! That is an absolute tune! *piis*

I was a bit unsure to put it in the mix... but i ended up just grabbing the tune and spinning it! Very deep... building and rolling progressive! Such a great effort by Chable! He seems to have some sort of magic with re-working tunes :)
thomas

#10 • • thomas
just brilliant stuff mate ! absolutely blinding.
Bio

#11 • • Bio The Bullies / Pinky
I listened this with a few friend at saturday night before diivaUG. Nice relaxing and chilling sound. Ronald Klinkenberg's tunes were awesome, both had a little bit tech elements. Mixing was good and flawless. Dont have anything bad to say :)
Progression

#12 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Bio, 12.3.2007 17:37:
I listened this with a few friend at saturday night before diivaUG. Nice relaxing and chilling sound. Ronald Klinkenberg's tunes were awesome, both had a little bit tech elements. Mixing was good and flawless. Dont have anything bad to say :)

Cheers for the further feedback...

I think that on this particular mix i did try and keep it pretty rolling and chilled. Not releasing the trance-prog until right at the end! At the moment Roland Klinkenberg seems to be pulling all the right things with his music production! Some absolute belters in my eyes. Especially "Nick of time". That is probably one of my all time favs from 2006. Dreamy yet got a real tough Bass line to it *piis*

Glad this made your Saturday evening anyway b4 heading out :)
laite

#13 • • laite MastahWankah
Really amazing set! Just listening this through (once again) and all tunes are brilliant! And of course mixing is perfect and flawless! This is definitely gonna stay on my hard disk for a looong time!

*känni*
OCS

#14 • • OCS
This mix is stayed in my playlist for a while now. I really like the mellow atmosphere which lasts through the whole mix. Tunes fit to each other in almost flawless way and the tempo is just right.
Definately the best progressive house/trance set I've heard in ages. Good job :)
josh

#15 • • josh
Greets from Greece! ;)
I've listened this a couple of times now..
Nice work..really! This is propably the best mix Ive heard from you.
Excellent track selection (especially the first half hour) and smooth mixing. Keep it up, mate! (:
Nescio

#16 • • Nescio Antti-Veikko
First of all, the tracklist looked quite interesting. Couple of older favourites, like the first tune which is a great opener from my favourite lolitas. Then it floats effortlesly to next song, heading to cooler and chiller athmosphere which is followed by some trademark sounds of Sultan and Tone Depth. Then I start to wait for my other favourite, Chable's remix of Cloud Cuckoo. It still bites :) Versatile tune which can be used in many places. Have to say that the first half was better in my opinion. Gravity isn't among strongest productions from Perry O'Neil, but it suites nicely arter What's The Point. Those two Klingenberg tunes, especially the latter one, stand tall in the second half. The vocal trancer is just bit too cheesy for me.

In a polished Diamond: Smooth mixing as are the tracks on this mix which is obviously spinned with silk gloves. A great way to start the evening at the home, or spend an hour and 20 minutes at work doing "paperwork" :)
AliCat

#17 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Finally got to listen properly, very lush chilled and building prog trance.....some good shit!

Mixing exellent

but ive more important news...

Northern Ireland 2 : 1 Sweden........ Wooooo HoooooooOOOOOooo!!!!!

top of their group for the championships! *piis*
Anny

#18 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster

Ali Catin, 30.3.2007 23:28:

but ive more important news...

Northern Ireland 2 : 1 Sweden........ Wooooo HoooooooOOOOOooo!!!!!

top of their group for the championships! *piis*

That was something, wasn't it!!! *joo* Congrats to tiny NI *hali*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

Mick Elsa

#19 • • Mick Elsa Macarize Records
I've listened this a couple of times and what can I say, great mix indeed! Nice selection (good combination of some nice older tracks and some new tunes), smooth atmosphere and mixing is sweet as always. I enjoyed a lot! Good work mate! *joo*
workunit

#20 • • workunit Hymyilevä kukkakeppi
Finally got time to listen this mix properly. Good mixing as usual. I like very much tech-sound but in this mix that part didn´t work (in the middle of mix). Actually it was only one tune that was not "part of this" mix.
Otherwise this is great mix.