DJ Progression - Euphonious Convention [Trance :: Prog]

27 posts, 2 pages, 10,524 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
[iso]DJ Progression - Euphonious Convention[/iso]

Trance, Progressive, Electro

About 'Euphonious Convention':

With the launch of the recent ‘Liquid Crystal Sounds’ club event, this mix has been placed on the ’back burner’ for almost 5-6 weeks! Now it’s finally uploaded; all 106mins of Trance-Progressive tunes.

The emphasis on this occasion being aimed at ‘Euphonious’ sounds. The mix utilises the more atmospheric rolling dreamy side of tunes with one or two deeper tracks. So grab a glögi, Lock on, Download and enjoy…

Progression :)

Tracklisting::

Cassandra Fox - Touch Me (Mike Koglin Vs. Jono Grant Remix)
Benya - Mimas
Jose Amnesia feat. Jennifer Rene - Louder (Original Mix)
Alex Monakhov - Roundabout
Life In Streams - Brainwash (Club Mix)
Joost Van Der Vleuten - New Horizon
Hawk - Need For Cognition (Planisphere Remix)
Boom Jinx - Come Play Perfect
Antidote - Transcentral (Electrotech mix)
Perry O'Neil - South West Saga (Original Mix)
Jody Wisternoff - Cold Drink, Hot Girl (Original Mix)
Incolumis - One With Sanctuary (Original Mix)
Velvet Girl feat. Anita Kelsey - Satisfy (Airwave Remix)
Kenneth Thomas feat Colleen Riley - Ghost In The Machine (KT Whispering Dub)
Micah - Epidemic (Umut Gökçen Remix)

details - listen

**** Comments Welcome... ****
flygfisk

#3 • • flygfisk
Very nice. Gave a smile on my face during these dark days.
These two were my absolut favourites:

Looking forward to LCS: New Beginning.
RiD

#4 • • Edited RiD Nukemi
Brr, i love this shite.
Technically its pretty much to perfect, atleast my amateur ears did not spot any flaws or mishaps, great mixing there.
The song choices and the order they are played at is damn nice also, few tracks really gives me the creeps as they are so plain beautiful:

*sydän*

I really like the concept that this mix stays the way it starts, it starts with euphoric music that forces a smile on my face, and goes all the way to the end doing just the same.

This mix will definetly stay on my playlist, and will be listened a lot.
Keep up the good work *piis*

ps. I still like your dnb mixes most tho, give me some more of those :)

--
*super* *possu*

Progression

#5 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

flygfisk, 28.11.2006 18:06:

Looking forward to LCS: New Beginning.

Thanks for the listen. The Incolumis is as deep as this mix gets :) But that tune is a beautiful rolling atmospheric track that is so so so dreamy. An absolute classic! I love it to pieces! And of course, glad you share that opinion too *joo*

As for Liquid Crystal Sounds "New Beginning"... I too am looking forward to that one... Especially hearing Stephen Porter pump out a trademark set... Have a good run up until NYE and see you on January 12th. Cheers.
Long John

#6 • • Long John Skenekuningas
Well done mate, you did it again! *piis*
Muikku

#7 • • Muikku
Comments later
Mind Movements

#8 • • Mind Movements
Very good set, includes some of the finest progressive/trance tracks released this year. Smooth transitions and just great groove from the beginning.

Very hard to choose favourite tracks but perhaps

Boom Jinx - Come Play Perfect

were my favourites after all.

Great work, keep it up :)
Progression

#9 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

RiD, 28.11.2006 18:19:
The song choices and the order they are played at is damn nice also, few tracks really gives me the creeps as they are so plain beautiful:

*sydän*

Melodic, stringy, uplifting. Those say it all. I am particularly glad that the "Velvet Girl - Satisfy" tune grabbed your attention. That isn't so new at all but is so damn deep that I put it in there. I see no wrong reasoning when dropping solid older tracks in a mix. When it works well it's great! I never try and adopt a rule of strictly all "Newer" stuff into a selection. Some old with some new.

The Jose Amnesia Tune has been in my box since summer this year, but I just had to pull it out again as it's a beauty. One of the finest this year! Same also with the Wisternoff tune - "Cold Drink, Hot Girl"... again, have had it ages (from April-May) but if it still causes a shiver and a smile... so in my books it qualifies as a 2006 classic!

I really like the concept that this mix stays the way it starts, it starts with euphoric music that forces a smile on my face, and goes all the way to the end doing just the same.

On this mix I didn't do a slow intro with a huge 2-3mins synth buildup. The Jono Grant/Mike Koglin mix of 'Touch Me' doesn't piss about. It's straight in there after a mini-build up. Thats what I love :) And from then on the mix is pretty driving.

Coolio! Glad you enjoyed.
Muikku

#11 • • Muikku
Ok. Thank you Progression, this mix (with glögi of course :D) brings some warm to our cold and dark winter.

*super*
Progression

#12 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Muikku, 30.11.2006 11:58:
....this mix (with glögi of course :D) brings some warm to our cold and dark winter.

That's the spirit! Where would we be without Glögi during the christmas period to enrich the tune listening :) Or wash away the pikku joulu hangovers. Happy u enjoyed the mix.

hölkynkölkyn! *känni* *vink*
Sonkku

#13 • • Sonkku
Thanks for the mix, i love it...! *sydän*
laite

#14 • • laite MastahWankah

Sonkku, 1.12.2006 23:44:
Thanks for the mix, i love it...! *sydän*

Love it also. Flawless mixin and a relly good selection of trance tracks! 1 hour and 46 minutes is also pretty good length for a mix!
KeijoK

#16 • • KeijoK Member of L.I Groovecommunity | 1845 Celebrity Ale
Absolutely Fabulous my man!! Thank You!! *jiihaa*

--
On myönnetty se että nämä mekanoidit ovat syntyneet valmiiseen maailmaan joka on katettu voittopositioilla

rossi

#17 • • rossi HUGC
Yes... Even though im not the biggest fan of this kind of sound i must say this mix was relly good..Props.
Smooth mixing, no rush anywhere, the progress of the tracks are working in harmony with eachother. You really are improving as an artist all the time.

One of your best mixes Gavin.

Rossi
Progression

#18 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Keke, 9.12.2006 07:43:
Absolutely Fabulous my man!! Thank You!! *jiihaa*

Cheers Mr :) It's good to know that the Progressive music can also touch your mind, body and soul! Just like your House music... Keep that car stereo on full volume as always ;)
Progression

#19 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

rossi, 9.12.2006 14:07:
Yes... Even though im not the biggest fan of this kind of sound i must say this mix was relly good..Props.

Ta for the effort to listen to a genre that doesn't fuel the mind as much as your own style as a DJ. I often find it a nice change to listen to House or Breaks after I spend so much time listening to Progressive orientated music...

Smooth mixing, no rush anywhere, the progress of the tracks are working in harmony with eachother. You really are improving as an artist all the time.

The mix reflects the tunes I span at Supercool during early November. Rising and building, yet not too hard. A little more trance-prog orientated for a more 'Trance' loving crowd. I find for me that 100mins is always a nice length for my mix's. Otherwise I scramble to fit the whole journey into a single package... Next up, on Monday is another mix i release... but that will be a genre that spans back 15years digging deep into the caverns of my record box... *nauru* Catch u soon. G.
yoni k

#20 • • yoni k disko
Dude, i've got all your mixes and this mix is awesome! love the ending song. And the structure of this mix is great, props! *iloinen**piis*