DJ Progression - Another Perspective [Trance :: Drum n' Bass]

25 posts, 2 pages, 11,358 views

Progression

#21 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

akiapina, 23.9.2006 16:28:
Nice mix, really loved the beginning, I haven't listened drum'n bass much so the opening tracks actually surprised me with their atmospheric, beautiful soundscapes. Gorecki & Music For The Lonely were great as well!

I am so happy you enjoyed the more dreamy style of drum n' bass. So many people not into that genre often assume (before listening) that D&B is banging and repetative. It isn't all so. This stuff spans from 1991-1997. It is predominantly from the genre of "Intelligent" D&B. This was huge back in the very early 1990's and the instigator behind most of it being LTJ Bukem. He used an old Atari 520st to do some of his really early tracks! *plur* He is still producing now and going on strong. Artists such as Seba & Lo-Tek, PFM, Motiv One and Nu-Moon (to name just a few) were other huge artists working hand in hand.

Tracks 10-12 were my favourites in the trancier part of the mix. I'm a big fan of Van Bellen and Max Graham, and Airtight was actually one of the first deeper trance tracks that I fell in love with :) That Coldplay track was ok, as well is Nat Monday's Mix of Oakey, don't really like the vocals tho *igor*

Your an old skool trancehead :) Those were the great days before now... its becoming more and more repetative. Even Armin Van Buuren spins Progressive and Electro in his sets. Back then in the late 90's tunes were more original (OK... forget stuff like Carte Blanche, For an Angel, Gouryella... even though they were good) and often deeper. That stuff I adored and still do! Thats why those found their way into my mix! *joo*

As I said I'm not really into that trance sound that three last tracks represent, some sounds from the last track sounded like a ripoff of Gaia - 4 Elements by Armin..but the breakdown in Hurricane was kinda cute *plur*

Mixing technique was good, and there was right amount of both styles for me - more than an hour of d'nb might be bit too much for me :) I think I'll listen the beginning of the mix again, I have to educate myself and get more of that "intelligent, atmospheric drum'n bass" *joo*

And to end with, thanks for the time and effort to sit back, listen and review this mix. Your comments are appreciated. Keep up your mixing yourself. The mix link you sent me to "Starry Night" was great! I listened. Brilliant stuff there... I guess I will be seeing you this Wednesday! Have a good weekend!

Ciao :) Progression.
Long John

#22 • • Long John Skenekuningas
Very nice mix of Drum n' Bass and Trance. Drum n' Base has not been my cup of tea so far, but for this mix there were some nice tracks :) Towards the end Trance really lift my feets from the ground!

Great mix again *joo*
-Casper-

#23 • • -Casper- FADE / React^ resident DJ
I dont own much drum&bass...but I like very much this melodic kind of track`s.....it`s nice that somebody has the effort to make mix as long as 2h
give`s the audiens a idea of your musical pfilosofi...specially when two genre`s mixed together*hymy*
In the end it get`s a bit too "sparkly" for me....but I new about in the half way this is the only way it should be goin*nauru*
how ever keep them mixe`s coming....I´m sure goin to keep this one on my laptop long time*joo*
*piis*
josh

#24 • • josh
Ok, finally got listened to this. :)

so the opening tracks actually surprised me with their atmospheric, beautiful soundscapes

I dont own much drum&bass...but I like very much this melodic kind of track`s.

I agree.
Some very beautiful, melodic D'n'B stuff in the beginning.

Good mixin and interesting selection. ;)
Tracks 11-14 were definitely the best part of this mix IMO. *slurps*
¡ Previous post about a year ago !
Muikku

#25 • • Edited Muikku
btw I still like this mix :P

Edit: Another Perspective vol.2 coming some day?