DJ Progression - Another Perspective [Trance :: Drum n' Bass]

25 posts, 2 pages, 11,357 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
[iso]DJ Progression - Another Perspective[/iso]

[Trance :: Drum n' Bass]

About 'Another Perspective':

Both Drum n' Bass and Trance have been merged into this 2hr mix. It's aim... to literally offer 'Another Perspective'.

This cross section of tracks alone reach way back to 1991 and finish the timespan by hitting the year 2006 with some recent Trance cuts. The Drum n' Bass tunes are those that first filled my record box. My number one producer in the early 90's was LTJ Bukem; Creater and connoisseur of the more 'Intelligent' atmospheric D&B. The second hour concentrating on some Oakenfold trademarks with a dusting of a few classics.

It wasn't easy to mix these two genres in straight succession... but once again... download, sit back, crank up that volume and enjoy!

Tracklisting::

Artemis - Inner Worlds
Nu Moon - Sea Town
PFM - One & Only
Motive One - Loop Progression
LTJ Bukem - Music (Peshay Re-Work)
The Invisible Man - The Bell Tune
Lamb - Gorecki (Global Communication Mix)
Omnio Trio - Tripping One Brocken Beats (VIP Remix)
Jamie Myerson - Music For The Lonely
Paul Oakenfold vs Olive - Your Not Alone (Perfecto Remix)
Van Bellen - The Mixed Senses (20/20 Saints & Sinners Remix)
Max Graham - Airtight (Original Mix)
Cold Play - White Shadows (DJ Preach Remix)
Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat (Nat Monday Remix)
Carl B - Solitude
Mike Shiver & Elevation feat. Carrie Skipper - Hurricane (Mike Shiver Mix)
Lennox EP - Servants Of Justice (Alex Morph Remix)

Details - Listen

**** Comments Welcome :) ****
#2 • • Edited cjet Guest
I liked the older one very much, so can't wait to hear this. *hymy*
--> Downloading..... *tirsk*
Long John

#3 • • Long John Skenekuningas
Curios to hear this one, just started download.
#4 • • jesus Guest
I'll have to check this one too. Previous mixes were A+ *joo*

Comments later..
Muikku

#5 • • Muikku
1. I like your music
2. and at the moment, drum'n'bass kicks ass and hard!! *super*
So lets load this one....
...and feedback later
nuance

#8 • • nuance cov ops, combat, sunrise

Progression, 13.9.2006 14:58:
Lamb - Gorecki (Global Communication Mix)

fuckin' hell! you got this on wax? cheeky bastard! expect a visit from your friendly neighborhood vinyl burglar!
Progression

#9 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

nuance, 14.9.2006 14:51

Fuckin' hell! you got this on wax? cheeky bastard! expect a visit from your friendly neighborhood vinyl burglar!

Ha Ha! My doors are padlocked and the Lamb - Gorecki (Global Communication Mix) secured in a Chastity Belt! Actually mate, there are two tunes in the D&B that are on CDR. The first is the Lamb imprint and the second is the Jamie Myerson. So unfortunately those two are 'non-wax'! Thus, only Digital Burglars are interested! *nauru*
nuance

#10 • • nuance cov ops, combat, sunrise

Progression, 14.9.2006 15:08:
Ha Ha! My doors are padlocked and the Lamb - Gorecki (Global Communication Mix) secured in a Chastity Belt! Actually mate, there are two tunes in the D&B that are on CDR. The first is the Lamb imprint and the second is the Jamie Myerson. So unfortunately those two are 'non-wax'! Thus, only Digital Burglars are interested! *nauru*

oh. well i guess you can keep your spleen then.
Muikku

#11 • • Muikku
*aplodit**jiihaa* This was more than I expected.
Keep going
Anny

#12 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster

nuance, 14.9.2006 15:14:
---
Progression, 14.9.2006 15:08:

---

oh. well i guess you can keep your spleen then.

Thank god...!!!! *vink*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

Progression

#13 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Muikku, 14.9.2006 15:29:
*aplodit**jiihaa* This was more than I expected. Keep going

Thanks! Its something different anyway! These days theres not so much room to do crazy experiments with two opposite genres in run-of-the-mill clubs. So I keep these ideas in the memory bank and every now and then assemble a mix, record it and throw it up for download :)
thomas

#15 • • thomas
really good stuff in the start of the mix. somehow i don't agree on how trance mixes with jungle / drum & bass. if these were two different sets then it would be fine, but now it seems just like that a new mix is starting from olive - you're not alone. really good selection in both genres and good mixing. thanks for this
Progression

#16 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

thomas, 14.9.2006 18:55:
really good stuff in the start of the mix. somehow i don't agree on how trance mixes with jungle / drum & bass....
......really good selection in both genres and good mixing. thanks for this

Hi there :)

Thank your for your analytical comments. As I always say and feel. I love Klubitus and its active members for this. People generally "DO" listen to a mix and have constructive opinions and comments. Without these... Where can anyone improve or take a step back and reflect?

Ok, now just a few words in return. I mentioned a few words earlier in this mix thread. I stated that:

"These days theres not so much room to do crazy experiments with two opposite genres in run-of-the-mill clubs. So I keep these ideas in the memory bank and every now and then assemble a mix, record it and throw it up for download :)"

Back in the mid to late 1990's DJ's like Mr. C, Oakenfold, Seb Fontaine and Judge Jules used to stir up the mix with 'out of the ordinary' ideas. I danced at Gatecrasher in Sheffield to these. After weekends and weekends of repetative Trance nights it was a real pearl to hear a daring set. For me... I still haven't dared to really do such a twisted mix live... Thats why I kept it for Klubitus :) But for sure... this mix will work for some as much as it won't work for others :)

After all, it's just... "Another Perspective"

Thanks again. I keep u informed of my next mix under construction *hihu*
Anny

#17 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster
Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy
- Faster Kill Pussycat (Nat Monday Remix) *sydän*

Mike Shiver & Elevation feat. Carrie Skipper
- Hurricane (Mike Shiver Mix) *sydän*

Lennox EP
- Servants Of Justice (Alex Morph Remix) *sydän*

Rokkaa kympillä!!!! *joo*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

RiD

#18 • • RiD Nukemi
Works like a charm, plenty of my "favorite" songs in this mix. Definetly is going to go through a lot of listening!

--
*super* *possu*

Progression

#19 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

RiD, 19.9.2006 19:11:
Works like a charm, plenty of my "favorite" songs in this mix. Definetly is going to go through a lot of listening!

Keep it locked on :) Glad you liked... Hopefully you enjoyed something different from the norm. *uros*
akiapina

#20 • • akiapina apinaki
Nice mix, really loved the beginning, I haven't listened drum'n bass much so the opening tracks actually surprised me with their atmospheric, beautiful soundscapes. Gorecki & Music For The Lonely were great as well! Tracks 10-12 were my favourites in the trancier part of the mix. I'm a big fan of Van Bellen and Max Graham, and Airtight was actually one of the first deeper trance tracks that I fell in love with :) That Coldplay track was ok, as well is Nat Monday's Mix of Oakey, don't really like the vocals tho *igor*

As I said I'm not really into that trance sound that three last tracks represent, some sounds from the last track sounded like a ripoff of Gaia - 4 Elements by Armin..but the breakdown in Hurricane was kinda cute *plur*

Mixing technique was good, and there was right amount of both styles for me - more than an hour of d'nb might be bit too much for me :) I think I'll listen the beginning of the mix again, I have to educate myself and get more of that "intelligent, atmospheric drum'n bass" *joo*