DJ Progression - Accumulative Effect [Breaks :: Trance :: Progressive]

28 posts, 2 pages, 10,033 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
DJ PROGRESSION - ACCUMULATIVE EFFECT

[Breaks :: Trance :: Progressive]

Description:

The following mix was bonded using both older and newer tunes. It's purpose is to be a genre building journey. The opening tracks concentrate more on chilled to Breaky Trance. This is merged with uplifting Trance in the more central segment tailing off with a more progressive feeling in the latter stages.
Download, Volume Up, Sit back, Fill that glass and sample the Accumulative Effect.
breaks, progressive, trance, jotain

TRACKLISTINGS:

Above & Beyond - Tri State [Anjunabeats]
Infusion - Legacy (Junkie XL Remix)
r0n

#2 • • r0n d a n c e m a c h i n e s
Impressive tracklist indeed, I'll most surely DL this in a few hours once I get home.

--
6er reihe

Progression

#3 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Ronie, 4.8.2006 16:09:
Impressive tracklist indeed, I'll most surely DL this in a few hours once I get home.

Cheers!

It's certainly best served with Large volumes, Fine alcoholic beverages... sunshine... and some "Up For It" people. Enjoy :)
AliCat

#4 • • AliCat www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Nice mix mate, great balance of prog and trance from start to finish, is the best mix youve done yet (although i still like the happy hc and dnb). And recording quality is great, nice and clear, v little clipping.

This wont be deleted straight away :)
Nitta

#5 • • Edited Nitta Sateenkaaren päässä
Don't know about those technical details, but enjoyed listening to this very much *hali*

To me this was good music for thinking to myself and preparing to go to sleep. Chilling, chilling, asleep *nukkuu*
Muikku

#6 • • Muikku
Cheers, hell yeah! *jiihaa**piis*
Anny

#7 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster

Progression, 4.8.2006 15:23:

Hidden Logic pres. Luminary - Wasting (Andy Moor Remix) [Soundpiercing]

*sydän**nuotti**sydän**nuotti* What a tune!! *joo*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

Long John

#9 • • Long John Skenekuningas
Great mix! I especially liked the beginning*joo**super*
Progression

#10 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Long John, 7.8.2006 10:30:
Great mix! I especially liked the beginning*joo**super*

Thanks for the lsiten! *nuotti* The beginning was not a reflection of my normal Trance/Progressive style. I think the influence of the Breaky Trance rubs off from Oakenfolds classic Essential Mix sets from 1999-2001. It's there that when Oaky was "At his best" (not deaf like now!) he used to be an extremely imaginative DJ. He would try to mix together anything from Movie sound-tracks, to Breaks, to Dub to even Intelligent D&B...

See you at Armin... Over & Out! p. :)
#11 • • jesus Guest
Very nice prog trance mix! Like the tunes, like your mixing. This one has a nice blissful feeling to it *plur*

Keep it up mate! *piis*
workunit

#12 • • workunit Hymyilevä kukkakeppi
Very nice mix! Nice mixing, I didn´t notice any mistakes and sound is nice. I really enjoyd the start of this mix. It is so great to listen this mix: at the same time I want to chill and relax but body starts to make dance movements and I want to get up and let it flow.

Great work, easy listening and good stuff to dance! Thanks!
Anny

#13 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster

workunit, 8.8.2006 10:41:
It is so great to listen this mix: at the same time I want to chill and relax but body starts to make dance movements and I want to get up and let it flow.

Just make sure u r not at work when u listen to this... Ur boss might be surprised at ur sudden compulsive movements!! *vink**lmao*

--
How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being. - Oscar Wilde

r0n

#14 • • r0n d a n c e m a c h i n e s
I've had this playing for more or less three days now and hands down, no questions asked, this is a mighty fine set. Progressive trance has been the thing for me for a long time and I got to tell you that this mixtape really does the trick. Thanks!

--
6er reihe

vinsku

#15 • • Edited vinsku huba huba
This looks like a very nice mixtape, and only two minutes to go and I have this mixtape in my computer, can't wait to listen this.

*enthusiastic*

Must be good!

Edit:

It runs in my winamp. And every time I hear this glorius masterpiece wich is also known as Tri-state I almost start to cry. How can just a song launch so strong feelings. Maybe we shoudn't speak that JUST a music, because it isn't JUST a music, it's more *plur*

Okay maybe I should stop this bullshit and take care of this pain in my ass (I mean blocking these tears) *piis*

--
Proge on niille, jotka osaavat iloita elämän pienistä asioista. -Hurjimus

Progression

#16 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Ronie, 8.8.2006 23:33:
I've had this playing for more or less three days now and hands down, no questions asked, this is a mighty fine set. Progressive trance has been the thing for me for a long time and I got to tell you that this mixtape really does the trick. Thanks!

Well mate. Thank you for such explicitly beautiful comments...

This is my style. Trance Progressive with Imagination. I am happy you see the thought and effort. I like to include Breaky Trance, Chilled, Down Tempo, Trip-Hop etc... As I am sure you know, I began mixing tunes together in 1994. Oakenfold and people like Luke Neville, Seb Fontaine, Guy Ornadel, Chris Fortier etc etc have influenced my mixing style. Thank god for BBC Essential Mixes offering Live sets and inspirational DJ's!

Expect more to come. :) Enjoy your summer!

Progression :)
workunit

#17 • • workunit Hymyilevä kukkakeppi

Anny, 8.8.2006 10:47:
---
workunit, 8.8.2006 10:41:
It is so great to listen this mix: at the same time I want to chill and relax but body starts to make dance movements and I want to get up and let it flow.

---

Just make sure u r not at work when u listen to this... Ur boss might be surprised at ur sudden compulsive movements!! *vink**lmao*

They are so used to it, that it won´t be big surprise to see me dancing on table or beside my desk. *pepsodent*
Anny

#18 • • Anny Hurricane-Munster

workunit, 9.8.2006 09:45:

---

They are so used to it, that it won´t be big surprise to see me dancing on table or beside my desk. *pepsodent*

For some weird reason that does'nt surprise me... *tanssittel*

--

villelope

#19 • • villelope Lope of Lope & Kantola
Now I've listened this set thru a couple of times.

The start with A&B album opening track is something I've been waiting for a while now. Good one.

The breakbeat trance tunes in the start are I have to admit that only Mark Otten Remix can be found at my recordbox.

Mongoose is the best old-school(ish) tune of the set. Classic Lustral's Everytime didn't quite work for me. Maybe I'm just used to hear some other mix than the original.

Who Is Watching (Tonedepth Remix) doesn't work for me anymore, and Your Loving Arms is quite near of the border of the getting sick to it. Of course it's not you to blame of that :D

The set is good mixture of trance, progressive and breakbeats as well as older tracks and new ones.

There's one downside in this set. You should pay more attention to the point when releasing the record while mixing. The same "expandes" to mixing and eQing. In my opinion disregarding the structures of the tracks as much a flaw in transition than traditional off beat.

Hopefully these flaws can be foun only a couple of times and aren't something that everage clubber would notice. In club most propably even I wouldn't notice that, but in mixtapes such things are under magnifying lens.

Nice atmosphere thoughout the set.
Great work. *piis*
Progression

#20 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

LooPy, 9.8.2006 13:40:
Now I've listened this set thru a couple of times.....

......Nice atmosphere thoughout the set.
Great work. *piis*

Hi there!

Thanks for finding time to actually analyse the mix. I always think that "Constructive criticism" is nice to hear. Thats something that comes accross. Cheers. I am always willing to hear opinions. Theres no room to improve as a DJ without listening.

The A&A tune is a favourite. Like Lustral's Everytime. One is new... (2006)... one is old (1997). For me, the A&A tune has always been a favourite. It's a work of art. Melodic, chilled and piano orientated. Thats what I love. For Lustral, that tune never dates for me. It's a classic. Deep Proggy driving b.lines with Eerie strings and melancholic vocals. Superb. A Nalin & Kane classic. It's ironic that it's called 'Everytime'. Because 'Everytime' I drop that tune at a club... people (or a person) always runs over and says TUNE! :) It is...

With the choice of tunes... I chose a transition of 3 music genres. Breaky Trance, Progressive and Trance. It is hard to do a perfectly seemless mix when over 95-100mins the transition jumps 3 times. It isn't my normal flowing style. I gave it a go anyhow. More for fun and enjoyment ;) . I guess the mix is more of a 'summer' experimental mix. Not a carbon copy of my typical club set. More a picking across the board of some favourite tunes.

For a more flowing mix, wait a few weeks and I'll be putting up another mix. One genre... That should be full of more recent tunes from the last month or two.

Take care and enjoy that gig in approx. 9 or 10 days. Ciao. Gavin.