Rosegarden dead?

33 posts, 2 pages, 15,917 views

th

#1 • • Edited th
I've been watching helsinki's club n party atmosphere for a while now..
Im not sure if i stand alone with this opinion but its been going downhill in the last year or so..
I remember kerma club which was kicking ass a few years ago. After that Rosegarden was made, even though its location isn't as nice as the old kerma's, it used to have similair kicking tunes and great atmosphere..
Rosegarden has been letting me down more and more in the past months,its nearly always empty and the music which is beeing played isn't just doing it for me anymore..too slow,no ups n downs, too much funk/minimal..too little kicking bassline!!
Most peeps who want a proper boggie, gotta go to bigger events, where its often quantity and not quality...

Anyone feels the same?

I'd love to hear ya opinons on which style should be played..
eg. tribal/tech/deep/progressive....
Mar6

#2 • • Edited Mar6 Team Apinaorkesteri
For some reason I think that Rosegarden has its own place in Helsinki. It offers a little alternative styles and party evenings when many other places and bigger clubs have more to offer for the great masses and the majority of finnish clubbers. If wou want to find uplifts and more BPM, I suggest you to try some trance clubs or even hard *hymy* Those arent available at Rosegarden.

You have a point with people going to bigger events, but the problem is that the undefined "proper boogie" could be for the great masses which build up big events..

There are plenty of monthly "something for everyone" clubs running in Helsinki (which will remain unnamed by me) They are mostly moderate sized and priced and built by clubbing enthusiasts for other clubbers, I think they would serve my needs if I would have a similar opinion.

I like rosegarden as an alternative, but clubbing scene is a matter of taste, and so is this issue we are discussing here. Every clubber faces the fact that the same music style does`nt have the same kick that it had several years ago, so everybody must move on to get the desired vibes from the culture, its all about evolution too. *iloinen* Atleast I`ve found my taste changing even in a few months, but I`ve found the right clubs and so I am reasonably satisfied with the finnish club scene *hih*
There is always space for those rare music styles, but they are for the minority and Its all about money and business, who does get the profit from offering special events for a minority? Its all in our hands, everybody can start to promote his or her own thing, thats what its all about *hymy*

--
-Where there is house there is a home-

th

#3 • • Edited th
Nice reply Mar*piis*,

Well,i agree with most of what you said.. In order to make my RG-flaming a bit more concise, I'll give the example of the fri/sat events of THE BOX..
I've been there since day 1, loved it,embraced and cherished the tunes..(tech/tribal house with a touch of electro~126/7BPM)-which pretty much sums up my taste in music..Nowadays you go to the BOX and its frikkin empty..

As I said,I've seen the late days of Kerma and been in RG from the start and yes, the styles are increasingly alternative..Not that I got anything against it BUT its not my kind of thing to be spending my weekend&boozemoney on *hmph*
The place used to be packed, nowadays there's not even half the people whcih used to be..
Why do you think that is?? The barmaids arent any uglier,the prices haven't been changed, the doorman is still the same...The only thing which has changed is the music! Theres no KICK anymore, only coctail- on- the- beach or bad acid comedown tunes( sorry if I offend anyone by criticising certain styles)
Where are the people which used to go there? Birdie is shut down,dunno whats going on the the basement..
kolina

#4 • • kolina
I agree. The quality of the clubs in Helsinki is quite sad. Rosegarden is a cool venue, but music use to be quite drowsy there nowdays.. So, bring the drums back!!! ..and the basslines too. :)
pirpeli

#5 • • pirpeli
The club scene in Helsinki has been dead for some times now...Only Birdie made it every Saturday, Rose Garden makes it sometimes (Tiga etc.) Screen should come back, and the glory days of Hype and so on...

I don't think Helsinki is too small, something just needs to happen. Maybe something good is on the way..Aero shows it, even though I don't like the venue...And Sipoo also.

I like Rose Garden when the boys play elektro and that minimal stuff(for example Fuck the Melody-club). Hope the morning parties too gather people as earleir. I personally miss Danceteria like hell, and I'm sure I'm going to miss Club Sipoo too.

I remember when I was in RG listening to Acid Kings to perform---the place was packed with people who didn't have a clue why they were there. Only a few were dancing and the rest looked like they came straight from Satumaa-karaokebar....It was ugly, shall I say...Super music, lame people.....And I really wonder why people don't come to RG, like they came to Kerma. It's only a few metres away..

Something needs to happen. Waiting anxiously to it.

--
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
-Albert Camus-

Takyon

#6 • • Takyon Möwkö
About a year ago if I went to RG I just couldn't stay there more than few hours at once. Music was awesome (and I think music is still awesome down there), but I just needed some air to breath. There was way too much people so I could have fun. I couldn't dance because there was no space, and if I found a little empty spot then people just walked through me all the time and I can't stand it. Moving around was almost impossible because everybody tries to move in their own direction..

So I really like it a little more spacy. Nowadays I really enjoy the place and I don't think it's too empty. Almost every other clubs runs some trance or hard things, not for me anymore. RG has almost every night something that's shaking at least my ass.

--
info

No matter how depressed you are.... there is NOTHING that cant be fixed by titties.

th

#7 • • th

kolina, 17.4.2006 22:06:
ISo, bring the drums back!!! ..and the basslines too. :)

So with you m8!*joo*

There was way too much people so I could have fun.

Totally get you, I was annoyed with the overflow at times.

Something needs to happen. Waiting anxiously to it..

Yep,second that! Well,summer is coming soon,maybe they open this "valkoinen sali" again.

thank god i'm not alone! :)
nuance

#8 • • nuance cov ops, combat, sunrise
Somehow the atmosphere in RG feels a bit tense for me. Can't quite pinpoint what it is that puts me on edge there but I just don't quite feel at home there anymore. I used to, though. Musicwise reggae, soul, rnb and stuff like that aren't my cup of tea and lately I've somehow managed to be there on such nights. The nights at RG that I'd actually like to go to, are pretty much all on weeknights and clubbing on weeknights just sucks balls.

Though I absolutely hate trance and hardshit, I actually prefer going to aforementioned events because of the atmosphere. Ideally I'd attend drum'n'bass events for 400+ heads but for various reasons I've managed to miss pretty much every one of said events this year.
Unik

#9 • • Unik
Last sunday Rose Garden was on fire! Eliot Ness & Jaydee behind the decks and the place was packed with good people and good music. *sydän*
Keskiyon Keisari

#10 • • Keskiyon Keisari Bileilehänminä, ArmyOfTwo [Fusion Drive]

pirpeli, 17.4.2006 22:55:
The club scene in Helsinki has been dead for some times now...Only Birdie made it every Saturday, Rose Garden makes it sometimes (Tiga etc.) Screen should come back, and the glory days of Hype and so on...

Club scene is not dead in Helsinki, but some styles of electronic music are forgotten totally in big clubs or even smaller ones :( like progressive style.. My english is not very good so I hope you got the point.. *nauru*

--
hello to the world it`s me the.... grooving beatbeast aka Keskiyön Keisari

pirpeli

#11 • • pirpeli

Bileilehänminä, 23.4.2006 17:29:

Club scene is not dead in Helsinki

Well, actually it's not really dead dead, it lacks of something....I don't know what...Some kind of spark maybe. I think summer shows once again that Helsinki may compete with other European cities (I heard the sarcasm myself in that sentence, oops). But summer is always so much more livelier than winter. In some way.

--
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
-Albert Camus-

Peter the dj

#12 • • Peter the dj
It is the fact that Helsinki club scene is just not exist at the moment. Some sporadic events not fix the situation.
But!
We've just organized the new booking agency JA Promotions Finland and we will organize some more events and club things in Finland.
You probably remember our Beirut party in Berdie with Hoxton Whores as headliners. Now we concentrate our minds on the summer events, so you will here the news very soon.
And now our small event in Mocambo will take place at 28.4 starting from 23.00
Only house and electro, just to give you positive grooves!

Welcome!
#14 • • aaaaaaaaaa Guest
I went to Rose Garden last weekend. Atmosphere didnt blow my head away but I enjoyed there.
The music was great (even that iam not electro/house/chill lover), it matched to my mood.
Only thing that I didnt like about it was the air condition. Too hot and sweaty.
Maybe it was becouse there was tons of people.

I like the music and I like the place.
Hallelujah!
-P

#16 • • -P

Mongolia, 24.4.2006 17:23:
---
Peter the dj, 23.4.2006 18:40:
Only house and electro, just to give you positive grooves!
---

My arse.

I suppose that statment was a subjective one, not an universal one so your comment looses its value ;)

--
Sota on Rauhaa, Vapaus on Orjuutta, Tietämättömyys on Voimaa -George Orwell

-P

#18 • • -P

Mongolia, 24.4.2006 17:37:

and also my statement.

don't doubt it at all, but since rosegarden and mocambo are clubs in which those styles are heavily noted, it's sort of - umm, how should I put it - senseless to catapult commentaries like that?

--

Mongolia

#19 • • Edited Mongolia truenörth

salaisinko?, 24.4.2006 17:44:
don't doubt it at all, but since rosegarden and mocambo are clubs in which those styles are heavily noted, it's sort of - umm, how should I put it - senseless to catapult commentaries like that?

Eikö täällä nyt tosiaan saa olla mitään mieltä mistään ilman että joutuu tuon plur-terrorismin kohteeksi. Ne bileet varmaan jää pitämättä minun nillitysten takia. Ja samma på engelska jne.

edit: siis se eka postaus oli ainakin puoliksi huumorimielessä kirjoitettu. Unohdin alleviivata hymiöillä.
-P

#20 • • -P

Mongolia, 24.4.2006 18:22:

Eikö täällä nyt tosiaan saa olla mitään mieltä mistään ilman että joutuu tuon plur-terrorismin kohteeksi. Ne bileet varmaan jää pitämättä minun nillitysten takia. Ja samma på engelska jne.

edit: siis se eka postaus oli ainakin puoliksi huumorimielessä kirjoitettu. Unohdin alleviivata hymiöillä.

naur, eipä enempää offtopicia ja plur-terrorismia :(

--