:: FREEFORM SATURDAY HELSINKI NIGHT FEVER 02.08.03 ::

3 posts, 1 page, 947 views

a n n a

#1 • • a n n a
A-SIDES (East Side Records / Fuze / Metalheadz, UK)

a-sides.gif

GOOSE (TheExecutives, nine2five recordings)

::::: Basso-olohuone Kerma 22-04
::::: Bar Redrum 22-04
::::: Erottajankatu 7, 00130 Helsinki
::::: 7e, (leidit ilmainen sisäänpääsy 22-23)

Elokuusta lähtien Freeform goes Lauantai ja kutsuu Helsinki Nights -miehen A-SIDES aka Sci Clonen aka The Vagrantin (East Side Records / Fuze / Metalheadz, UK) avaamaan uuden kauden Freeformin historiassa.

Alkuiltaa lämmittelemässä nine2five recordingsin kolmas pääjohtaja, kova DJ, viihdyttävä radiopersoona, kovan luokan biznesmies, tuhansien kasvojen mies, soseinen setti -konseptin originaattori ja international man of mystery, infamous DJ GOOSE (TheExecutives, nine2five recordings).

All this is created for you, Take advantage of it and become part of it. Brotherhood and sisterhood in music. Join the conspiracy of good music.

www.nine2fiveoffice.com
www.eastside-records.com / www.fuze-recordings.com / www.metalheadz.co.uk
a n n a

#2 • • a n n a
A-Sidesia ei turhaan pidetä tuotteliaana studiomyyränä, koska vyön alta löytyy ainakin 250 (say wot?) erilaista musiikkituotosta 14 vuoden ajalta sellaisten labeleiden kuin Metalheadz, Mac2, Strictly Underground, Boombastic, Bear Necessities, Genetic Stress ja omien labeleiden East Side, Fuze Recordings, ja Diagramin kautta! A-Sides tunnetaan myös aliasnimillä The Vagrant, DT, Tight Control ja Sci Clone. Miehen tausta nojaa vahvasti hiphoppiin ja souliin.

Tällä hetkellä tekeillä on tavaraa Digitalin Function labelin ja Dillinjan Valven kautta. Sen jälkeen kun A Sides teki Digitalin Waterhouse Dub:sta remixin on myös remixrintamalla riittänyt töitä (mm. Pivotalille, Skunkrock Productionsille ja legendaariselle Brasilialaiselle percussionistille Dom Um Rumaolle).

Viime vuonna A Sides julkaisi Eastside Jamz Vol. 2 kokoelman yhteistyössä Peshayn, Digital & Spiritin, Total Sciencen ja Calibren kanssa. Tältä kokoelmalta löytyy mm. myös A Sidesin oma tuotos Helsinki Nights, jonka A Sides teki viimeisimmän Freeform-vierailunsa innoittamana. Heinäkuussa julkaistiin single ‘What U Don’t Know’ (vokalistien MC Fatsin ja Reginan kanssa). Ensimmäinen solo albumi ‘Follow The Groove’ julkaistaan lokakuussa (mukana mm. MC MC, J-Cut ja Sci-Clone partneri Nathan Hines).

- - - -

A Sides interview from Drum’n’bass Arena www.breakbeat.co.uk from 01. March, 2003

Whereabouts are you from?
Hornchurch, Essex

Where does the name ‘A-Sides’ come from?
I used to play the B sides volumes years ago, (old euro EP’s by Frank De Wulf). I took that name and flipped it.

Name your favourite piece of studio equipment.
Emu E6400 sampler

What do you drive?
Mercedes CLK 230 Kompressor Sport

What are you into other than music?
Getting out on my mountain bike, being a internet geek and technology. I I have to have all the latest gadgets.

Favourite haunts?
Swerve @ The End, the new Headz venue in Shoreditch, Fabric, Notting Hill Arts Centre and the Jazz Café in Camden for a different vibe.

Number 1 club?
Fabric

Any addictions?
The Internet and music

Describe your music in 3 words.
Soulful Tight Rolling

DJing or Producing?
I love doing both, there’s a lot more things about DJing I like other than playing. I like meeting new people and being able to travel the world. DJing came first but then production took over.

You seem to play a lot overseas..what makes you head international?
That just seems to be where I get asked to play. The scene in London is locked down so it’s hard to get work here plus I think playing overseas is more special. Especially when your headlining because you get to play for longer instead of 1 hour sets.

How do you find overseas crowds differ from UK ones?
The crowds overseas seem to be up for anything. They’re not spoilt for choice like we are in the UK so they appreciate things more and enjoy letting go.

Which tracks that you’ve written are you most proud of and for what reasons?
I love the ‘Sciclone’ stuff because it was groundbreaking plus I’m excited about ‘What You Don’t Know’. That will definitely be the biggest release for us by far.

MC Fats?
I linked up with him through the underground in Forest Gate. We both used to work with the guys down there so one day Flex called him to roll a vocal over the phone for a VIP we were doing. We linked from there really. The first thing we did was ‘Whats Going On’ which came out on Strictly Underground back in the day. I have a DAT of 12 tracks which we did 7 years ago, I’ll be using one on theCD for my album!

‘What You Don’t Know’?
It wasn\'t planned at all. I had all the music done and running in a 64 bar loop. I asked fats to come down and he brought Regina, a friend of his who used to vocal for sound systems. They sat down and within an hour the vocals were ready to go down. Everything just fell together then right at the last moment - I came up with the idea of Fats humming the melody. We worked late that night recording the vocals and the next day I made the arrangement.

What can we expect from A-Sides and Eastside this year?
Next up is the ‘Follow The Groove’ album which will be dropping on Eastside in September. Then a solo release for Timeless plus collaborations with Klute, Digital, Dextrous, Calibre and DJ Hype.
a n n a

#3 • • a n n a
lisävahvistuksena vielä illan selektoreihin

the intanashonal playboy, the one like the SWITCHONE!