Nick Warren: Renaissance Master's Series

4 posts, 1 page, 4,232 views

Nix

#1 • • Nix
The first Renaissance ‘Masters Series’ of 2013 comes courtesy of DJ, producer and label owner Nick Warren. This is not only his first compilation for the clubbing institution since 2001 but his first full solo outing over two CDs for Renaissance.

“The mix was a joy to do. It had been a while since I had done a downtempo mix for a compilation and with the success of my Soundgarden Radio show I thought the time was right for one again. CD1 is a mix of new and old, the ambient mixes are always a bit tougher to find all new material for, and tunes like the Bubble Club track were missed by a lot of people when it was released last year. CD2 sums up where I am as a DJ right now: a mixture of deep melodic house and techno plus a euphoric ending. All the producers really did a great job for me and thethanks as always goes to them” – Nick Warren, Nov 2012.

Like all great mixes, it is ultimately far more rewarding to sit down and absorb the sounds than read about them. The nigh on 160 minutes of genuinely engrossing, eclectic music tells the sound of Nick Warren. There’s no quick start guide for this: it involves commitment.

Nick has achieved much in dance music: playing across the planet as Massive Attack’s tour DJ,era defining compilations for Renaissance, Global Underground and Back To Mine, timeless music and live shows as Way Out West and residencies at all of the key clubs; Ministry ofSound, Cream and of course Renaissance. In Nick’s present he continues to play out acrossevery continent, whilst also maintaining Hope Recordings’ high quality output. Driven by a continual desire for change, his sound is no better represented than by his bi-monthly radioshow Soundgarden on Friskyradio, which attracts over 150,000 listeners to each broadcast.

2012 saw Renaissance celebrate their twentieth year of activity. They returned to Ibiza for asterling season at Pacha, a series of special 20th Anniversary events in the UK, headed by Sasha and, towards the end of the year, John Digweed, and instigated a new series of high quality mixcompilations; Tale of Us, Francois K and Slam are all lined up for releases in the first half of 2013.

Geoff Oakes of Renaissance said: “We’ve tried many times over the years to do something with Nick and I’m really pleased it’s finally happened. Nick’s delivered a great album, which gives us the perfect start to 2013″.

PRE-ORDER SIGNED COPY HERE:

http://renaissance.dj/shop-page/renaissance-the-masters-series-nick-warren-pre-order-limited-signed-copies/

Tracklisting:

CD1:

01. Aurtas – Introduction

02. DFRNT – Nocturne Part 1 (feat. Annabelle Guilhem)

03. Tripswitch – Still Seas

04. Pedro Aguiar – The Voices In My Head

05. I Awake – Labyrinth

06. SCSI-9 – Ellsworth Land

07. DFRNT – El Spirito (Beatless Version)

08. Circular – City Pulse

09. Cell – Take off

10. Terje Saether – Oia

11. Nick Warren – Buenos Aires (Luis Bondio Dub Remix)

12. Tripswitch – Sick Teckers

13. Nick Warren – Devil’s Elbow

14. Excession – Ambilight

15. Audioglider – Summer Rainstorm

16. Levente – Naja Haje (Ambient Mix)

17. Bubble Club – The Goddess

18. James Monro – Ambientworkx7

19. Yppah – Blue Schwinn

CD2:

01. Levente – Tunneling

02. Cristian R – Deimos

03. Darren Flecta – In Moments

04. Darin Epsilon – Shine The Light

05. Levente – Csillagok

06. SimpliCity – Singing Or Speaking

07. Doomwork – All About

08. Sam Waller – I Pointi Pointi

09. Cesar Lombardi & Luis Bondio – Toro

10. David Calo – Moving myself

11. Tom Glass – Welcome To The Sun

12. Nicholas Ruiz & Marko Zalezar – Choir

13. Miraculum – Constellation

14. Verche – Corals
Armadance

#2 • • Armadance Booth Bitch - HC Forum Spammer
CD2 kuuntelussa - TYKKÄÄN! *sydän*
Homegrove

#3 • • Homegrove Further
Subjektiivinen mielipide ehkä mutta kyllähän tämä on ihan helvetin hyvä. Nickin paras sitten Reykjavikin.

--
Forward thinking house music

ValaX

#4 • • ValaX
Odotellaan jahka tulee streettiin tilattavaksi...