Merikaapelihalli, Kaapelitehdas, Helsinki
25 Years Of Techno Riot
This is it... it's time to say goodbye. 25 years of techno riot, 25 years of thousands of gigs, 25 years of travelling and endless hours on stage, 25 years of several broken bones and injuries, 25 years of nonstop music in my life at shows, home, work everywhere... Now it's time to stop and say heartfelt thank you to all of you... my dear friends and family.
The journey has been long, amazing and full of breathtaking action. I have been fortuned to gain so many great friends in so many countries, I have received so much love from so many people that I can say I have family at every country I have visited... and I miss you all.
I hope we can sill meet after the music stops.... but lets kick some serious ass still one more time! I hope I can see as many friends as possible at the final show on Saturday 12th December 2020.
Location - Merikaapelihalli, Kaapelitehdas, The former marine cable plant is the largest facility in the Cable Factory. The impressive hall is of cultural and historic importance and it is breathtakingly high. Merikaapelihalli has hold most of the biggest rave and electronic music events in Finnish history, like Koneisto, Labyrinth, Laserpoint and Whiteout.
SOME AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS...
• DJ MAG - TOP 100 DJs - number 90 (2004)
• DJ MAG - TOP 100 DJs - number 93 (2005)
• Hard Dance Awards - Best Hard Dance DJ (2004)
• Hard Dance Awards - Best Hard Dance DJ (2005)
• Mixmag - 3rd position in the article "The most hardest DJs in the world" (2004)
• Loud Magazine Japan - TOP 50 International DJs - number 8 2009)
• Loud Magazine Japan - TOP 50 International DJs - number 13 (2008)
• Energy UK - DJ of the month (May 2001)
• Finnish Club Awards - Second best DJ in Finland (2001-2005)
• City-Lehti - Best DJ in Helsinki (2001)
• Finnish Club Awards - Best club (Säde) in Finland (2003)
STARRING DEAR FRIEND AND ARTIST COLLEAGUE ORKIDEA
Dear friends and family, I am very excited and happy to announce that my dear friend and artist colleague DJ Orkidea will be joining us at my final show 12.12.2020 Merikaapelihalli, Kaapelitehdas Helsinki. Tapio Hakanen alias Orkidea needs no introduction, he is simply the best DJ on the planet. We have travelled this long and exciting electronic journey together since high school years when techno music reached Finland. I am honoured to call Tapio my brother from another techno mother.
21:00-22:00 film/video documentation and meet & greet
22:00-00:00 Orkidea - brother from another techno mother
00:00-04:30 Proteus - final show
I wish to see as many of you as possible during the first hour between 21-22. The first hour is dedicated to see and toast drinks with all of you and also the moment to say goodbye. My brother Henri will be presenting a film/video documentation from the past years and moments.
During the event you will experience super production level sound, lights, lasers, pyros & effects, video installations etc.
TICKETS - LIPPU.FI:
• Buy tickets: https://www.lippu.fi/proteus
• Early Bird Tickets: 39e - sold out
• Phase1 Tickets: 49e - less than 100 tickets available
• Phase2 Tickets: 59e - not available yet, limited amount
• Where: Merikaapelihalli, Kaapelitehdas
• Address: Tallberginkatu 1, 00180 Helsinki
• Capacity 2800, one impressive hall and stage
• When: Saturday 12.12.2020
• Doors open: 21-05
• Age limit: K18
FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLERS:
• Kaapelitehdas is situated nearby Helsinki centrum
• Easy to get with local transports; train, bus and tram
• There are plenty of nice hotels nearby
• You can check hotels for example: https://fi.hotels.com