SPW Classics

6 posts, 1 page, 1,348 views

#2 • • näköradiomies Guest
if you have heard an 5year old kid playing with "my first casio", this is almost the same thing but the kid is better player.
#3 • • Dal-tech Guest
That's because it's camp avant-garde music. You know, real staccato music.
#4 • • master bator Guest
:king:
#5 • • Roz Guest
Too random noise for my taste. If I may ask, what's the point in releasing this kind of camp avant-garde music to public?
#6 • • Dal-tech Guest
You're correct. All of the sounds on the 808moog track is from old gear I sampled and archived on CD. For example I'm just looping sample & hold to form a melody. One think I like about that track is it's loud. Old 1970s synthesizers like a Minimoog or Micromoog have that loud sound. Today's software music by comparison is light sonically. You don't get the tones that hurt your ear drums or the type of synthesis that makes you cringe. Even though people try to compensate by squashing the mix. Another thing I like about the 808moog track is it reminds me of old techno. When things use to be just a raw drum machine and synthesizer. There's something pleasant t about an old acid track like Armando 151. A lot of today's digital or software based music has different aesthetics more akin to a plug-in effect. People also use heavy stereo imaging. I like things more in mono.