Dan Brinslee - Older track.

5 posts, 1 page, 1,093 views

#1 • • Edited Mad Dan Guest
Maybe no too exceptional, but in my opinion a good attempt to so something trancy for a change.

http://www.dandont.com/trancevibe_short.rm

Feedback would be more than welcome. For example, any chance to release this somewhere in Scandinavia? If so, where?

Peace
Dan
#2 • • Mad Dan Guest
My stats say that 11 of you have actually listened to my track, so why is there no feedback yet?
#3 • • _U Guest
cheers mate! :)

about your song: nice sounds, beautiful structure but nothing new. I mean for me that sounded so old, so boring. You're other songs are great but this one... sorry mate! :)

this is only my opinion. peace n love :)
#4 • • khatt Guest
11 to 0 is still a pretty good download/comment ratio ;)

Overall this is quite basic trance, but there are clearly some redeeming qualities. Perhaps the best thing is the chord structure which manages to sound quite refreshing. Also the vocals (which don't convince in the first half) work surprisingly well when they go to upper register. The sawsynth chords which are apparently supposed to create the climax kick in a bit too late (probably this is a clipped preview but still).

I would say this song is still missing the ultimate hook, although the basis is quite well done. The synth riffs show some effort supporting the vocals but the main riff seems to be missing (or it's not distinct enough). I'd expect something that would sort of duet with the voice, 'cause if you can find a riff that works as well as the vocal, you will probably have a very promising song.
#5 • • Roz Guest
I think that the chord structure is nice and fresh. I was very positively surprised as I really don't care much about trance in general! Somehow this reminds me of some of the early stuff by Rollo (/Faithless).

Too bad that my soundsystem is pretty crappy here at work, got to check it out again at home..

I might be interested in making a house remix if you're interested ;)

(e-mail: [email protected])