HOME

1 post, 1 page, 736 views

#1 • • Bedrock Guest
Management and staff of home regret that due to action taken by Westminster City Council the club will be unable to open until further notice.

The City Council has closed one of London's finest clubs using emergency procedures, which were commenced on Wednesday afternoon of this week.

Council officials stated that the reason for invoking these draconian emergency powers was a report of a police covert operation in the premises last Friday, when 8 police officers arrested one alleged supplier of drugs in possession of 16 pills. The officers also suspected another was attempting to supply. This, stated the Council's officer "demonstrated a serious drug problem which could only be remedied by closure of the premises."

However Ron McCulloch, Group Chief Executive of Home Corporation, said "during the last 25 years I have operated safe and successful venues throughout the UK and indeed Sydney Australia. Throughout this period our company has established an exemplary reputation. It is undoubtedly a catastrophic setback for the organisation.

I believe the evidence I provided last night to the sub-committee in relation to our policies and procedures and the current circumstances which prevail in the club, to be a clear indication of our commitment to running quality establishments. I am bitterly disappointed the sub-committee did not share this view.

In my opinion, as I declared at the hearing, the Management and staff at the venue have demonstrated their support of the Metropolitan Police, for example in the first 3 months of this year it was the management which effected four out of the total of six arrests in relation to drugs."

In a letter addressed to the City Council, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Tarique Gaffur stated "we are willing to enter into further dialogue with the premises to resolve the problem. I will do everything possible to work with the police and the Council to deal with the problem and effect the reopening of home in London."

END OF PRESS RELEASE