92138810f16.jpg
Track list:
A1. Forthosewhoknow
B1. Dark Suite

Format: 12 inch single – Digital release
Cat. #: RAF027
Release Date: February 2007

Sales Notes:

Future Beat Investigators, the new project from DJ Lil Tony (Nuspirit Helsinki) and his two partners Roberto Rodriguez (S‰hkˆ) and Kimmo Oksanen have gained a massive hype from some of the heavyweights within electronic dance scene before they even had any music released. Mad Mike (UR), ¬me (Sonar), Prince Thomas, Sasse (Mood Music) and Heidi (Get Physical) have all praised their productions. Or like Trickski (Sonar) said about their first single “Forthosewhoknow” – It’s like my wet dream, track of the year! But if “Forthosewhoknow” with its disco and Detroit influences is the big hit don’t miss out on the more straight up minimal Detroit house cut on the flip entitled “Dark Suite”. Perfect for the bigger sound systems and will surely rock clubs both sides of the Atlantic.

The Future Beat Investigators sound is heavily influenced by Detroit techno and the current Berlin minimal sound, as well as house and disco pioneers such as Harvey, Ron Hardy, Ron Trent, Chez Damier, Daniele Baldelli, Theo Parrish and Moodymann, with a measure of Marvin Gaye and Fela Kuti thrown in and finally topped with some Basic Channel style dub influences.

“Real music!”
Mad Mike (UR)

“I like it like this”
Âme (Berlin)

“Dope track, full Tiger Stripes support”
Tiger Stripes (King Street / Ibadan Rec)

“I love it`
Heidi (Get Physical)

“Top tunes”
Sasse (Mood Music)

“I really like them”
Prins Thomas

“Fukin dope!”
Alex Attias

”Great, particularily like Dark Suite”
Luke Solomon

"Totally diggin this release, breakdown of the year on Forthosewhoknow! A real winner, absolutely feelin both tunes, played them over the weekend to great reactions to both jazz/ soul and rave crowds..."
Rainer Trüby (Compost / Root Down)

"Forthosewhoknow" has been my secret weapon since about a year now! play it almost in every set I have included it in some radio mixes... more!
Kiki Navarro

”Dark Suit is one of the best joints ive heard in years, this is where its at 10/10 full sipport and cont. support... buy this record! Forthosewhoknow is cracking! Solid again, this develops with mad skills, Dark Suit is a hard track to follow but they managed it... this shit is all fucking dope shit and people should learn from this!!!! Wow on my shouting box or what!”
AtJazz / (Mantis Recordings)

”Yeah im digging this. Dark and sweaty...it sounds mean LOUD! Will play, alot better than other house music it will be compared too. Nice one”
Domu (UK)

”I will directly jump to the flipside and play “Dark Suite”.
Reminds me of the good old early warehouse parties and the sounds
we used to drop there.. oldschool , raw and still fresh!”
Erik Rug (Paris)

”I love this record…played it at all 3 gigs i did last weekend. Lithuania, London, Amsterdam...worked well at all of them. Dark suite ....is my favorite.”
Charles Webster (Miso Records, UK)

"Those 2 tracks are the BOMB! 100% full support worldwide."
Alex From Tokyo (Sonar)

Doooooooooooooooooope !!!! I rinsed da FBI stuff dis weekend, luvin it & da crowds too!!! Especially Dark Suite, what a masterpiece!!!! My gosh big year for da FBI cats, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeespect !!!!!!”
Simbad, (Marathon Men)

“Forthosewhoknow is by far my favourite since a few months and it is one of those tracks that manage to push an already rockin' peak time even further. It is THE TRACK. Its like my wet dream, track of the year! No bullshit! Arrangement: 10/10, sound: 10/10, used instruments: 10/10, melodies: 10/10!!!!!”
Trickski (Berlin)

”Both work VERY well on the dancefloor. Feeling the the old school vibe of Dark Suite. As Soon as I heard them I could not wait to play them out. Right up my alley.”
Titonton Duvante (Residual Recordings)

”for those who know is AMAZING - totally feeling it - very detroight nicely”
Fink (Ninja Tune)

”Great comeback & premier for Helsinkis biggest leftside DJ Lil´ Tony! love the electronic swing of "forthosewhoknow" since I got it from Mats last October; big tune!”
Tom Wieland (panOptikum, 7 samurai)

“My kinda minimal techy bizniz. Love it! and supporting where i can!”
Dom Servini, Straight No Chaser, Wah Wah 45s

”It is a killer EP! I played twice Forthosewhoknow at my weekly residency at 205 Club in NYC, and people freaked out!”
Alex Prat, NYC

”Dark suite” is my favourite old skool house jam!”
Antal, Rush Hour (Amsterdam)

“I like it!”
Christiaan, Rush Hour (Amsterdam)

"Forthosewhoknow" it's really good. Good vibe and right direction. My favourite "Dark Suite" I’ve played it alot, on the dance floor- works really good.”
Nacho Velasco, Mallorca,

“Awesome”
Yam Who

“Great stuff”
Harri (Subclub)

“Great stuff”
Ali Tillet (Warm)

‘Excellent effort outta Finland, the mighty ‘Dark Suite’ is the track that is really doing it for me, 9/10.’
Alan Brown, Soul Seduction, Vienna

”Minimalistic and at the same time soulful side of Raw Fusion.
Congratulations,”
Bruno E, (Urubu Jazz Records) Sao Paulo

“Both tracks are great. Dark Suit is the bomb!
Phonique, Germany

“Big thanks for the mailout on this - both tunes fookin gret! Played “Forthosewhoknow” on Futureboogie Show on Kiss last night.”
Steve Nickolls, Future Boogie

“ For Those That Know” is the one for us, a fantastic track; deep, heavy and expertly produced.”
Mark Turner / Simon Dehany, Milk Music, London, UK

“Nice proper tracks as always from your great label”
Makossa (G-Stone, Vienna)

”Nice EP From Future Beat Investigators, Dark Suite is magnific piece of techno, i will chart and review next week, on my radio show.”
Jazzamar (Paris)

“Forthosewhoknow is the one! Got really good feedback from my show listeners. keep 'em coming”
Raul Saaremets, Estonia

“Thank you for the FBI tune - receiving fantastic feedback. Dropped "Forthosewhoknow" on last Fridays show - such a great tune. I agree, very Detroit and very, very good.”
Paul Gamblin Black & Blue(RTRFM 92.1) & Heavy Mannas Radio Shows , Australia

”Impressive, both of them!! Especially the lead track which I will play in the next P3 Dans. Thank you”
Johanna Olofsson, P3 Dans (Sweden)

³The best Raw Fusion 12 in quite some time comes in the shape of this broody
techno rub from the Future Beat investigators sounding as good as the
Detroit and Chicago golden era it covets. Planet E missed a trick not
putting this out themselves! Wide ranging DJ support comes from the likes of
Domu, Gilles Peterson, Benji B, Rainer Truby, Luke Solomon etc... etc...²

Fat City Records / Manchester

Radio support by:

Gilles Peterson (BBC)
Benji-B (BBC 1xtra)

http://www.myspace.com/futurebeatinvestigators
Unik

#2 • • Unik
Forthosewhoknow *sydän*
Cosmic City Survivor

#4 • • Cosmic City Survivor
Piccadilly Recordsin `Record of the week`

Helsinki's Future Beat Investigators cross the Baltic Sea to see Raw Fusion's Mad Mats at home in Stockholm, carrying with them the mastertapes to this ace tech-house EP. "Forthosewhoknow" is a cutting edge piece of moody techno-house with krispy drums and a barely concealed menace that checks productions by Henrik Schwarz and Carl Craig. In a clear debt to Craig's mix of Theo Parrish "Falling Up" it takes half of the runtime for this psycho-sonic noise to reach its pinnacle, whereupon the beat changes and Detroit chords descend from heaven. In true B-side fashion "Dark Suite" pulls no punches and gets down to the business of getting down.

www.piccadillyrecords.com