Wanted: Home Amplifier

5 posts, 1 page, 1,582 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Bonjour! *plur*

I am currently on a mission to find a very reasonably priced Amplifier for use at home (Not for Club or party use! *vink*). I thought to advertise here on Klubitus in hope that the following questions may be answered:

1) Please let me know if you (anyone) has, or knows of, an Amplifier being sold. (Would consider buying if suitable).

2) Are there any Hi-Fi shops in Helsinki or Online stores within Finland that sell Basic Home Hi-Fi equipment? And at reasonable rates... I don't want some "cream of the crop" Harmon Kardon with 20 inputs, Dolby pro-logic surround sound, DSP and the ability to power the Tennari cinema!! *nauru*

This amp is just to power book shelf speakers! *pepsodent* That gives a little perspective...

Thats all...

Post ideas if you have knowhow/information.

Cheers.
Esa

#2 • • Esa
Basic A/V gear can be found for example at Anttila or Expert stores all around the country. If looking for more spesialized hifi stores with better service go check for example Hifi Studio 17 (www.hifistudio17.fi) at Eerikinkatu in Helsinki. There's also Hifi Krug (www.hifikrug.fi) right next to it. If you're looking for cheap (<100e) stuff just forget these and buy second hand.
Progression

#3 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Esa, 22.3.2006 09:12:
...check for example Hifi Studio 17 (www.hifistudio17.fi) at Eerikinkatu in Helsinki. There's also Hifi Krug (www.hifikrug.fi) right next to it. If you're looking for cheap (<100e) stuff just forget these and buy second hand.

Thanks for the information...

The "Hi-fi Krug" has some low end cheaper amps... These are 180-260. Would still like to see if I can get one cheaper. Will have a look around... Do those shops do any small bartering (lower prices a little). I am used to bantering with the owners of Hi-Fi shops in UK and lowering prices a little.

Ok... Cheers for your help anyway... But still, If anyone has any more ideas too... keep them coming. I will be sure to get something soon...

I check out these stores at the weekend: www.hifistudio17.fi & (www.hifikrug.fi)

Laterz... *joo*
nuance

#4 • • Edited nuance cov ops, combat, sunrise
In case you're not looking for the dirt cheap stuff as Esa suggested, I'd suggest you head to Highend Studio at the corner of Fredrikinkatu and Iso-Roobertinkatu and pick yourself a 2-channel Cambridge Audio integrated amp. Setting you back around 280eur, it's a bargain. It's candy for your ears and looks good too:

http://www.highendstudio.fi/tuote.php?&tuotenro=12796

edit: oh and Highend Studio has the best customer service i've ever dealt with in the hifi market and I'm sure they'll give you a good deal.