Hello there!

9 posts, 1 page, 6,262 views

Niro

#1 • • Niro
Hello finland and Happy New 2006

Just wanted to drop some lines in here.
Im planning to move there really soon so i want some more info concerning the clubbing life in there. What im interested is techno music. I had a great time last summer in finland, but i was just able to visit the Rose Garden,

Any info will be appreciated,

Regards

Niro
Damien

#2 • • Damien [tr3ox]
But there's so much nfo served properly on the KALENTERI section of this portal. So just click on there and you can see all (almost=) the events that are put on, on that particular day. The city is listed on the right and genres represented on those events, well you can read can't you?
What can I say about the djs, well just check the events you find amusing based on the genre, minus entrance fee, plus the ppl you already know here on the community. Happy hunting, hope you'll continue the summer of love !
Cheers!
Niro

#3 • • Niro
yea, i can see that there are various parties where u can listen to techno, but r there any big names coming to finland?
thebbo

#5 • • Edited thebbo free spirit
I'm not familiar with the reasons why you are moving here, but what it comes to clubbing life in Finland (particularly in Helsinki) it ain't that grand here. We do get occasional bigger stars to visit Finland, but usually it's terribly difficult to get people to come to the party. If it's not a name that says to people something, they won't come. (Edit: compared to my experiences in for example Berlin, although you can't expect people to fill places every weekend with just a fracture of number of people: Helsinki 500k, Berlin 3M) So I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing some empty floors here. Then there are also undergroundparties which are usually organized without any kind of permit. In Finland you need a licence to have a party at all and also another one to sell alcohol, both of which are laborous to acquire, especially the licence to sell alcohol. This policy is all crap and I don't support it. My point here was just to tell you that you might see some really great dj's and artists with really developed musical skills, but you won't be seeing anyone enjoying it... Check out this forum for upcoming parties, they usually tell something about the party place too. Also oyu might want to take a trip to another town for some clubbing experiences. Tampere and Turku are also active in the Finnish club culture. You just have to find the right party (usually listed here).

--
Vittu tähän on nyt tultu paljon spekulaatioit on kuultu vähän on tiedetty vitusti enemmän on luultu paskaa puhuttu huhuttu yksityiskohtiin juututtu, mut totuus puuttuu mikää ei edelleenkää oo muuttunu

Niro

#6 • • Niro
thebbo, thanks for ur detailed info. I hoped that Fin has much more developed clubbing scene than the country i've been in the last 5 years. my music preferences are matched to minimal,tech-house & techno, so i really hope i can visit some great venues.
Afterglow

#7 • • Afterglow
I have to say my experience of clubbing here hasn't been that bad. Although there aren't huge venues and there aren't always crowds of people. I kinda like it that way. Although it is sad to see that electronic music is dying here in Turku, especially in comparison to when I lived here in 2004, where there were wicked parties every weekend - now you are lucky to get an original one that isn't held in Barbi or Klubi every three months :'(. Looking forward to Reclaim the Streets 2moro!!

So Niro have you moved here already?
Niro

#8 • • Niro
Yeap, already more than a week since i arrived. I am paying a visit at Johensuu at the moment and dont really think there is any electronic culture in this small city, if i m wrong please correct me.
I am looking for Dave the Drummer & Hardfloor party coming in September :)
Afterglow

#9 • • Afterglow
The Housenation party is gonna be brilliant! expensive for finland but most probably worth it!