Or get a job *vink*

---

...or a blow-job *vink*

team *possu* did it again *nauru*

--
Sota on Rauhaa, Vapaus on Orjuutta, Tietämättömyys on Voimaa -George Orwell

Jone

#5 • • Jone Archibald Haddock
Well, I don't know about your finnish but I'm sure it must be way better than my deutch... *vink*

As Angelus said, the answer to your question depends pretty much on what kind of place you're after. Helsinki is pretty low on daytime chilling places in my opionion, but tell us what's your treat and we'll try to help you with that.
ella_

#6 • • ella_
yeah, hate to break it to you, but there's not very many places to go here in Helsinki if you want coffee and good music.. and a place that's not 24/7 totally packed (like the most popular coffee shops seem to be) ..

I suggest you find a nice place with a good sound system and a big comfy bed/sofa and relax *sydän* far better than what any coffee shop can offer *hih*

--
Elementary, my dear.

ella_

#7 • • ella_
and english fun - always up for that *sydän*

--
Elementary, my dear.

Blues

#8 • • Blues Koning van Afrika

ella_:
and english fun - always up for that *sydän*

I'd just love to write more in english here. Just for fun but the english side of the forum is hardly used, so i don't have much of an option.

About places to chill, there aren't really proper places to just hang out and chill in my opinion. Allthough, there might be some further from the central wich i'm not aware of.

I'd like to know about these places too. Interested to take a peek.

--
Pictures

Party moeilik en het n oulike lewe

ella_

#9 • • ella_
see - I'm not the only one *sydän*

--
Elementary, my dear.

Viltsu

#11 • • Viltsu noname
For daytime quiet tea/coffee break I personally suggest Santa Fe cafe in aikatalo/wtc, comfortable place at least outside lunch times, nice corner sofas, friendly stuff etc. Mostly radio/no music, but still best you can get in middle of Helsinki, I think.
Too bad there is not anymore chill-out sundays like sininen hetki @ sauna bar, there was atleast quality chillout music *hymy*

--
teknoheput vaan hölisee bumbumbum ja sit tulee pläppläppläpböm, ihan jakomielitautista - Remu Aaltonen

ella_

#12 • • ella_
yeah I guess Kola should be good... Kuula was great but now that it has a new owner it doesn't open before 5pm.. and besides it changed its name to mambo *eiei*

--
Elementary, my dear.

Viltsu

#13 • • Viltsu noname
Yeah, found my way couple of times to kuula, there was sooo delicious tea *hih*
and nice music, too bad it went down =(

--
teknoheput vaan hölisee bumbumbum ja sit tulee pläppläppläpböm, ihan jakomielitautista - Remu Aaltonen

#14 • • ikj Guest
Soda was very cool too... *hmph*
Dalifemme

#15 • • Dalifemme Dementia simplex
I've actually spent some time roaming Helsinginkatu and there are a few new cafe/bars that seem nice. Most of the places are complete shitholes but there are a few gems in there.

Also Cafe Tin-tin tango is nice..AND you can do your washing while having a coffee or whatever *iloinen* they've got a sauna aswell.
PRAHA is good during the day but gets really loud and crowded in the evenings.And thats more for those who like rock music. Same with On the rocks,during the day.They got really comfy chairs upstairs and a pool table.That's where I chill the most...*pool sharks r us*
But as the other guys have mentioned,Helsinki doesn't have that many good cafes where you can just chill.They tend to be bars....suprisingly *iloinen*
Dalifemme

#16 • • Dalifemme Dementia simplex
The bars (well some of em) are open during the day aswell.They tend to open anytime between 10am-4pm.But Tin Tin is def nice :)
#18 • • q Guest
Ummm... I must have missed something, where was the question again? It seems as if the first messages tend to disappear on this forum, has happened more than once. Or is it just me doing something wrong again? Somehow I've got that feeling...
¡ Previous post about a year ago !
ange

#20 • • ange
Mbar is my own fave place to chill.. Open all day. Labyrinth has also comfy sofas.

TinTin is great but the chairs are a pain if you wanna sit there longer. And it's always full.

I bet there's lot of sofas in the cafes in Helsinki, perfect for chilling, but the music is always a different thing.

But closest to Starbucks kind of places are probably Waynes Coffees and they have comfy chairs and sofas too. And the food is good.

I bet you'll find a place to suit you if you just look around. It is a shame that there isn't any really good chill out places for certain type of people in Helsinki. Maybe we still get one in the future.
*igor*

--
en ikinä ottanut mitään missään enkä ota huomenna ainakaan ja jos joku kysyy niin en ole nytkään ottanut ja en mä ainakaan kertois vaikkei mitään kerrottavaa oliskaan.