Pe 20.01.2012
CAFE TIVOLI, Rovaniemi
Tickets 6€ + Service 2,5€
FACEBOOK EVENT

LAOS dj set :: Bass=Win, Viper, Hospital :: drum'n'bass
SAN MEJOR :: Lick! :: drum'n'bass & dubstep
ISMO L :: Lick! :: tech-house & progressive
KIMMO H :: Tivoli Boss :: oldskool

V. 2012 ekassa Lickissä kuullaan rutkasti drum’n’bass- ja dubstep-soundeja kun illan pääartistiksi saapuu maailmalla ja Suomessa kovassa nosteessa oleva drum’n’bass -nimi LAOS. Myös Lick!-residentti San Mejorilta on luvassa rankaisevan kova pörinä- ja bassosoundeja tihkuva setti. Klubin toiselta residentiltä Ismo L:ltä on tulossa groovaava ja jalkoja vipauttava tekno-henkinen setti ja illan lämppäri Kimmo H valmistelee oldskool-soundeja täynnä olevaa yllätyskeikkaansa.

laos.jpg
LAOS
Bass = Win, Viper, Hospital

Large Amount of Soul syntyi v. 2002 kun kolme DJ:itä ja tuottajaa Abraham, D-bex and JayEm päättivät yhdistää voimansa. LAOS:in eka single julkaistiin v. 2007, jonka jälkeen julkaisut seurasivat toinen toisensa perässä. V. 2010 yhtyeeseen liittyi kaunis laulaja ja säveltäjä Alexxx ja LAOS:in
biisit valloittivat uudet ulottuvuudet. Tammikuussa 2012 julkaistaankin LAOS:in ensimmäinen albumi ”Finally” brittiläisellä BASS=WIN -musalafkalla.

Rovaniemen DJ-keikalle LAOS:ista saapuu yhtyeen kokenein tuottaja ja DJ JayEm aka Jani Saastamoinen. Äijän mielestä on olemassa vain hyvää tai huonoa musiikkia, joten drum’n’bassin lisäksi kuulemme myös genrerajoja ylittäviä bassovoittoisia raitoja.
San Mejor

#2 • • San Mejor www.sanmejor.com
laos_interview_small.jpg

LAOS ARTIST INTERVIEW // DJ JAYEM

1. Jani, how did you become a deejay?

I started deejaying when I was 11 I think, we used to have a school disco and once they needed a Dj so me and my friend wanted to play. It was LPs and Cassettes. Good Times. Haven´t stopped since.

2. When did you start to produce?

Producing or making music started around the same time altough I was tweaking the old c64 way before that. My family is very musical and supported my love for keyboards and drums so I could say officially it all began when I got my first synth and soon my first real sampler, which was the Roland MKS-100. It was all midi stuff back then so suddenly I noticed a lot of studiogear started to pile up. I also was a member in a group called Loudtribe and that really kicked of my hobby with breakbeats.

3. How can your style be described?

L.A.O.S has always been more about music we all like and get vibes from rather than selling gazillion. Of course sonicly we might not sound like the latest craze but we´ve always tried to have soul in it. It´s music for the dancefloor and even sometimes for the bedroom.

4. What's next for LAOS?

Next up for L.A.O.S is our album "Finally" which seems like a project that would never end. But it´s officially getting released early this year. We did roughly around 30 tracks for it. Once we get the promo things sorted with Bass=Win label, which is half Finnish half British. I guess it´s gigs and working on new material and doing our monthly radioshow at Bassradio aswell. And having fun while doing this all.

5. What do you know about the Northern UG music scene?

- Quite a lot actually, since I´m originally from Oulainen which is 100km to the south from Oulu. We used to organize parties and make music with my former group Loudtribe back in the nineties. Mostly it was jungle and breaks. Everything started up north so it´s very dear to me. :) Northern UG is very healthy IMHO.

FACEBOOK EVENT
San Mejor

#5 • • San Mejor www.sanmejor.com
Soittoajat:

Kimmo H :: 22.00 - 23.30
Ismo L :: 23.30 - 00:45
San Mejor :: 00:45 - 2:00
L.A.O.S. :: 2:00 - 03.34