DJ Orkidea 23h set 1.1.2010 @ Helsinki

356 posts, 18 pages, 162,927 views

ValaX

#201 • • ValaX
Ei ole streetissäkään tiketin tavoin mainintaa tosta klo 21:00 rajasta. Toivottavasti kukaan ennakkolipun ostaja ei jää ulkopuolelle.
orkidea

#202 • • orkidea

Replying to DJ Orkidea 23h set 1.1.2010 @ Helsinki:

vala, 13.12.2009 11:51:
Ei ole streetissäkään tiketin tavoin mainintaa tosta klo 21:00 rajasta. Toivottavasti kukaan ennakkolipun ostaja ei jää ulkopuolelle.

Ennakkolipulla pääsee sisään 100% varmasti ihan milloin vain sillä haluaa tulla. Jos on poistunut tapahtumasta ja haluaa tulla uudestaan niin samalla lipulla pääsee ilmaiseksi sisään niin kauan kuin vain tilaa on. Myös päivän 5€ lipulla saa rannekkeen millä pääsee illalla ilmaiseksi. Toivottavasti selvennys oli tarpeeksi selkeä? :)
ValaX

#203 • • ValaX

orkidea, 13.12.2009 12:37:
---
vala, 13.12.2009 11:51:

---

Ennakkolipulla pääsee sisään 100% varmasti ihan milloin vain sillä haluaa tulla. Jos on poistunut tapahtumasta ja haluaa tulla uudestaan niin samalla lipulla pääsee ilmaiseksi sisään niin kauan kuin vain tilaa on. Myös päivän 5€ lipulla saa rannekkeen millä pääsee illalla ilmaiseksi. Toivottavasti selvennys oli tarpeeksi selkeä? :)

aa, toi ysin raja koskee siis vain sitä poistuessa saatavaa ranneketta. Nyt selvis:) Kiitos:)
#204 • • Sunshine^82 Guest
Lippu tuli! *plur* *tanssittel*
psyke

#205 • • psyke psyke
UUPs!!! Mitähän tän kaa tekis...*böö* *lohduttel*
Misc Management

#206 • • Edited Misc Management
HOTEL DEAL
Sokos Hotel Helsinki is offering a special New Years Eve and New Years day deal for this historic event. A single room, equipped for two persons (140 cm bed) for the price of 69 € per night. This special price includes breakfast and an evening sauna. Check in starts at 14.00 and check out at 12.00 the next day.

There are only a limited amount of rooms available and the offer ends at the 28th of december at 20.00, so we recommend to book yours quickly. All you have to do is call or email the hotel and mention 'DJORKIDEA23H' for the special offer.

Bookings
email: [email protected]
phone: 020-1234600

For more information, visit the hotels website: http://tinyurl.com/yeque5o
One of a kind

#207 • • One of a kind
hm, what's the deal with the tickets? Is it 15 + 5 + 8 at the door? It says 15 eur on http://www.tiketti.fi and it seems to be for the whole 23hrs...

orkidea, 9.12.2009 23:53:
07. Bent: Always (Asley Beedle's Mahavishnu remix)

<3

--
Life is like a nose, get the most out of it.

orkidea

#208 • • orkidea

One of a kind, 15.12.2009 23:49:
hm, what's the deal with the tickets? Is it 15 + 5 + 8 at the door? It says 15 eur on http://www.tiketti.fi and it seems to be for the whole 23hrs...

<3

You pay only once and you get entrance for the whole event with that. If you come during 05:00-12:00 tickets cost 15€, between 12:00-21:00 5€ and after 21:00 8€. And with that you can come and go as many times as you want. Hope that clarifies it! :)
simpukka

#210 • • simpukka
Jepulis, liput hakemista vaille hallussa :))
Kiva päästä pitkäst aikaa danssaamaan, jeah!
One of a kind

#212 • • One of a kind

orkidea, 16.12.2009 00:37:

You pay only once and you get entrance for the whole event with that. If you come during 05:00-12:00 tickets cost 15€, between 12:00-21:00 5€ and after 21:00 8€. And with that you can come and go as many times as you want. Hope that clarifies it! :)

If you buy the ticket online in advance, you can also come and go as many times as you want, right?

Btw, is this gonna be recorded..?

--
Life is like a nose, get the most out of it.

Misc Management

#213 • • Misc Management
REDRUM & COPACABANA & ARCTIC ICE BAR
For the first time ever, Redrum & Copacabana are joined together, turning the venues into a 700 capacity mini-super-club-complex. You will be able to get your groove on with Orkidea at Redrum, enjoy a tasty dinner and a bottle of wine at Copacabana, or have a chilling -5c moment at the Arctic Ice Bar, with a specially selected ambient soundtrack compiled by DJ Orion & Indigo. There will be entry from both venues at peak times and seamless underground passage between the two. We give you 23 hours of freedom, to do whatever you feel like.

www.redrum.fi / www.copa.fi / www.arcticicebar.fi
antti83

#214 • • antti83
Taitaa olla tulossa kohtuullisen kansoitettu tapahtuma. Todennäköisesti tulee olemaan aivan järjetön tungos tässä paikassa. Redrum vetää 700 asiakasta, mutta tapahtuman on suosikikseen merkannut 875 ihmistä. Eikä siinä edes ole kaikki, vaan todennäköisesti paikkaan yrittää sisälle ainakin pari tuhatta ihmistä, joten tungos tulee varmasti olemaan sitä luokkaa, että Colors Festival Onnelassa tuntuu siihen verrattuna ihan väljältä ja mukavalta tapahtumalta. Varmasti valtaosa paikkaan sisään haluavista ei tule tänne pääsemään koska paikka on tämän kokoluokan tapahtumille suhteellisen ahdas. Ei paljon innosta kauheassa ryysiksessä kahlaaminen, joten taidan omalta osaltani jättää nämä pippalot tällä kertaa.
Amnesia

#215 • • Amnesia

antti-r, 20.12.2009 20:28:
Taitaa olla tulossa kohtuullisen kansoitettu tapahtuma. Todennäköisesti tulee olemaan aivan järjetön tungos tässä paikassa. Redrum vetää 700 asiakasta, mutta tapahtuman on suosikikseen merkannut 875 ihmistä. Eikä siinä edes ole kaikki, vaan todennäköisesti paikkaan yrittää sisälle ainakin pari tuhatta ihmistä, joten tungos tulee varmasti olemaan sitä luokkaa, että Colors Festival Onnelassa tuntuu siihen verrattuna ihan väljältä ja mukavalta tapahtumalta. Varmasti valtaosa paikkaan sisään haluavista ei tule tänne pääsemään koska paikka on tämän kokoluokan tapahtumille suhteellisen ahdas. Ei paljon innosta kauheassa ryysiksessä kahlaaminen, joten taidan omalta osaltani jättää nämä pippalot tällä kertaa.

No onhan tuossa sentään 23 tuntia aikaa *hih* Jos klo 17 on hirveä väentungos niin syön hatullisen Pachaa. Toki ruuhka-ajat on varmaan aika pahoja, eli 05-jotain ja 23-04 *joo*
Tapi

#216 • • Tapi Dreamstate

antti-r, 20.12.2009 20:28:
Todennäköisesti tulee olemaan aivan järjetön tungos tässä paikassa.

Tällaisella meiningillä järkättävään tapahtumaan tulee olemaan varmasti jossain vaiheessa hieman jonoja, mutta koska nyt on todelliset ammattilaiset asialla, niin eiköhän itse tapahtumassa ole kaikki asiat järkevä asiakasmäärä mukaanlukien mietitty vimosen päälle loppuun asti.

Veikkaisin, että tästä tulee aika siistiä. *tanssittel*
orkidea

#218 • • orkidea
16 HOUR STORY: KERMA 2002 (2/5)

My second 16 hour set was much harder, but also much more fun. It was the first day of 2002 at Lil' Tony's and Tim Uskali's Kerma venue, which was following the footsteps of Nylon, only with a slightly more stylish touch. Kerma started out quite jazzy and deep housey, but moved into more and more techno focused program during the years. Laurent Garnier, Metro Area, Carl Craig, José Padilla and Derrick May were some of the guests visiting the comfy spaces of Kerma.

What made the 16h set harder was that I had already played the 01:30 till 03:30 closing set at Taru's Pussy Club in Hesperia, two hours from 07:00 to 09:00 at Haba, Tab & Co's Illusions at Nosturi and then headed for the 16 hour set at Kerma (where Mr.A had been playing all morning) from 12:00 until 04:00am. On this gig I got my first ever physical damages while DJing: my right pointing finger burned from operating the Technics turntables (you slow down the wheel with your finger) and my right foot cramped from stomping my feet on the ground all night. I'm not DJ Proteus when it comes to stage antics but I learned that repeating any type of movement for 16 hours can result in some damage... Kerma's XS size DJ booth didn't make things easier either as I had so many vinyl records with me that only 70% of them fit into the booth at one time! Thankfully Jouni and Eppu were doing the lights and keeping the spirit up all through my marathon.

What made it more fun was that it was New Year's Day and there was a real party going on for the whole 16 hours. The afternoon hours were the most surreal as some Really tired and some Very fresh people all mixed up in the same place. Shots of tequila for one group and morning coffee for the other. U2's 'New Year's Day' was played several times in original and remixed form, while other rocking tracks varied from Op:l Bastard's Scorpius to Sasha's Xpander. The flyer was designed by Jani Tolin and featured a sports track in it - an inside verbal joke refering to "rata";) That day and night resulted in Kerma's alltime record sales and I remember being super duper tired while carrying the 500+ vinyls to my flat (no elevator) at 06am the next morning with my fiancée Anu. Carrying a man's vinyls equals true love in the DJs eyes!

If Nylon was the birthplace for Unity, then Kerma was the original home for my house/prog/techno club night JACK. It was originally started by Lil' Tony but moved to my hands after only couple of weeks due to Toni's ear damage. And here we are: seven years, various venues and tens of nights and artists later with Redrum being the current home and the Misc boys Juska, Oded & Asaf on board. It's been the most succesful year so far for JACK with all the nights being practically sold out and packed with an amazing crowd. The nights I have spent in the Redrum booth have all been extremely positive for me and I am looking forward on taking it to a new level.

As a small blast from the past here is the first ever Jack flyer. Lots of legendary names in there and lots of good memories too!

657222235_8523e06d4c.jpg
649126978_e97a7d21f4.jpg

DJ Orkidea's old school progressive Top 12
---
01. Underworld: Dark & Long
02. Guy Gerber: Stoppage Time
03. David Bowie & Placebo: Without You I'm Nothing (BiR Club remix)
04. Saints & Sinners: Pushin Too Hard
05. Atlas: Compass Error (Tarrentella vs. Redanka mix)
06. Leftfield: Song Of Life (Original 12" version)
07. Breeder: The Chain
08. BT: Remember (Sasha Remix)
09. Killahurtz: West On 27th
10. Spooky: Little Bullet (Live / High Velocity mixes)
11. Luzon: The Baguio Track (Bedrock remix)
12. Steve Lawler: Rise In (Nalin & Kane Vocal Mix)

DJ Orkidea's nu skool progressive 2009 Top 12
---
01. Thomas Banglater: Together (Mat Zo Bootleg)
02. Guy J: Lamur (Henry Saiz Remix)
03. Way Out West: Future Perfect (Original mix)
04. Ladyhawke: Paris Is Burning (Matthew Dekay remix)
05. Pet Shop Boys: Love Etc. (Gui Boratto Mix)
06. Tom Neville: Run In Reverse (Chris Lake & LYS remix)
07. Rasmus Faber: Are You Ready (Jerome Isma-ae dub)
08. Shiloh: Chords
09. Techtors: Trains
10. Underworld: Two Months Off (Grayarea's Four Years Off remix)
11. Daniel Portman: Dark Is The Night For All
12. D.Ramirez, Mark Knight & Underworld: Downpipe
---
jjkobsson

#219 • • jjkobsson
Onko toi maratoonisetti ajateltu jakaa etukäteen musiikkityyleittäin (proge house, baleaarinen, trance, klassikot jne) vai tuleeko kaikkea sulassa sovussa sekaisin kun siltä tuntuu? Jos on jaottelua, niin saisiko jotain alustavia aikatauluja milloin tulee mitäkin?

--
||jjkobsson||

Klabi

#220 • • Klabi HUGC

jjkobsson, 23.12.2009 14:24:
Onko toi maratoonisetti ajateltu jakaa etukäteen musiikkityyleittäin (proge house, baleaarinen, trance, klassikot jne) vai tuleeko kaikkea sulassa sovussa sekaisin kun siltä tuntuu? Jos on jaottelua, niin saisiko jotain alustavia aikatauluja milloin tulee mitäkin?

Whaaaaat?
*lmao*