Progression - Live @ Millennium 'Firestarter' [13.10.2007]

13 posts, 1 page, 5,153 views

Progression

#1 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
[iso]Progression - Live @ Millennium 'Firestarter' [13.10.2007][/iso]

house, progressive, trance

Moro Poro :)

"It's been a while since i've pasted a mix up here, so here we go! This 2 hour mix was recorded last Saturday 13th October at Millennium's 'Firestarter' event in Barbi, Turku.

My DJ'ing duties were to play for the first 2hrs (22.00-24.00) and get the place buzzing for Super8 & TAB who followed on.

When playing this set i had to keep in mind that a nice finishing tempo would be around the 136-138bpm to compliment their style :)

So, here we go: Starting on 130bpm Progressive House... building up to melodic Progressive Trance and dropping the bomb with some dreamy uplifting Trance.

Sit back, download, turn it up and experience the extreme... Here is 2 hours of fine tunes from my current selections :)"

Cheers: Progression.

Tracklisting::

Lamb - Gorecki (Mike EFEX Mix)
Ben Brown - Love & Solace (16 Bit Lolitas Remix)
Deadmau5 - Not Exactly (Original Mix)
Planisphere - So Many Other Ways (Original Mix)
Montano & Coto - Chala (High Noon At Salina's Remix)
Roman Rai - Inspiration (Original Mix)
Milan Lieskovsky - Elenya (Introida Remix)
David West feat. Inkfish - Under The Influence (Dub Mix)
Alex Sword - Point Six (Original Mix)
Mike Shiver & Elevation feat. Carrie Skipper - Hurricane (Elevation Mix)
Lange - Angel Falls (Johannes Suominen Remix)
ATB - Desperate Religion (Joshua Cunningham Remix)
Vir2l Vision - Entry To Heaven (Benya Remix)
Sonic Division, Spyschool - Crying Dew (Original Mix)
Albert Vorne - Formentera What (Gareth Emery Remix)
Adam Nickey - Never Gone (David Forbes Remix)
Darren Tate - Echoes
Ronnie Allstar - Good Morning Sunshine (Lemon & Einar K Mix)
Forerunners - Lifecycle (Original Mix)

[iso]To Listen to Progression - Live @ Millennium 'Firestarter': CLICK HERE![/iso]

**** Comments Welcome... ****
Nescio

#2 • • Nescio Antti-Veikko
Downloading... comments will follow
-kim-

#4 • • -kim- Panorama Visuals
Thanks for putting the set on-line. I had the chance to listen it live while I was playing with the screens @ Firestarter but now after listening it through couple of times more, I think the whole mix opened with different perspective.

Initially I didn't get much out of the first half of the mix but with subsequent plays, I've started to like the first half as well. Atleast for me, that type of a bit deeper sound needs more concentration to get into the mood compared to easier trance with catchy vocals, etc (though that may easily reveal too cheesy).

Overall well mixed together including those tiny eq-tweaks in the middle -- great mix for the darkening autumn!

--
...only the birds fly first class...

Progression

#5 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

-kim-, 23.10.2007 13:44:
Thanks for putting the set on-line. I had the chance to listen it live while I was playing with the screens @ Firestarter but now after listening it through couple of times more, I think the whole mix opened with different perspective.

It's always different to hear a 'live' recorded mix on home speakers after hearing it previously on a "Larger" club sound system... In a way, things can be missed in the club that can be "Found" with a few after 'Re-listens'...

Initially I didn't get much out of the first half of the mix but with subsequent plays, I've started to like the first half as well. Atleast for me, that type of a bit deeper sound needs more concentration to get into the mood compared to easier trance with catchy vocals, etc (though that may easily reveal too cheesy).

The more deeper, rolling and slowly building Prog-House & Prog-Trance in the first hour was aimed to lure people onto the dancefloor. The second hour was a change of genre and aimed to hit harder with some more energetic, uplifting tunes! (and to up the bpm to merge in with Super8 & TAB). Towards the end of the 2hr mix there were some more 'Trancier' sounds... but i always do my best to stay away from 'run-of-the mill' mainstream cheese.

Overall well mixed together including those tiny eq-tweaks in the middle -- great mix for the darkening autumn!

Glad it brings some light to this current transition between Finnish Autumn and (soon to be) the start of Winter! *piis*
Tommy Court

#6 • • Tommy Court FLARE / FACTION / CLUB 86 RECORDINGS
Okay! I listened your set second time @ home now and I have to say that I really like it (thousands thanks for putting it online) *joo* It really worked at the millenium and you got people slowly move to the dancefloor! Nice tunes from start to end but I deffinetly liked the progtrance and uplifting trance parts most *piis* Sonic Division, Spyschool - Crying Dew (Original Mix) and ATB - Desperate Religion (Joshua Cunningham Remix) were definitely the best tunes in the set..those really get me going...*jiihaa* Can't wait to see you playing on the next LCS in the very last hours *känni*
Progression

#7 • • Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Tombba, 24.10.2007 20:32:
Okay! I listened your set second time @ home now and I have to say that I really like it (thousands thanks for putting it online) *joo* It really worked at the millenium and you got people slowly move to the dancefloor! Nice tunes from start to end but I deffinetly liked the progtrance and uplifting trance parts most *piis*

Thanks for downloading and listening. Glad you enjoyed both at the Millennium event... and now on your own home sound system :)

Sonic Division, Spyschool - Crying Dew (Original Mix) and...
ATB - Desperate Religion (Joshua Cunningham Remix)
...were definitely the best tunes in the set..those really get me going...*jiihaa*

Sonic Division for me are making some shit hot tunes at the moment. Couldn't resist playing the summer release: "Crying Dew". Joshua Cunningham is also a producer i am always looking out for. Nice productions... Especially this re-work of the ATB track! *joo*

Can't wait to see you playing on the next LCS in the very last hours *känni*

... I am particularly looking forward to Liquid Crystal Sounds: "Foundations". Ohmna, Ric James and all the LCS residents! Should be a real night to remember! See you there :)

Progression.
Mark Kinnier

#9 • • Mark Kinnier www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Thought this mix was very well pieced together. I liked the gradual cross over of styles, from the early deep prog house sounds to the more up tempo prog trance. Mixing throughout for a 'live' mix very solid. I can see this working the dancefloor alright, job well done Mr Progression! *aplodit*

Serious serious tunes !! :)

See u at next LCS *piis*
syriana

#10 • • syriana
well,well,well

Progression on yks harvoista dj:stä joka soittaa AINA tasaisen varmasti! Kuitenkin nyt täytyy nostaa ylemmälle tasolle pari kertaa jotka muistuu mieleen. nimittäin tämä kyseinen setti sekä viimeisin LCS, aivan loistavaa!! Joskin olen aina ollu 100% tyytyväinen kuulemaani, mutta nämä kaks kertaa tuo järisyttävän hyvän lisän siihen tasaiseen ja varmaan tyyliin!!!

Tämä mies ei tuota koskaan pettymystä, ehdottomasti yks tän hetken parhaista DJ:stä !!
Progression

#11 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com

Mark Kinnier, 30.10.2007 20:46:

Serious serious tunes !! :)

See u at next LCS *piis*

16 Bit Lolitas seem to keep getting better and better! Some seriously unbelievable stuff! Love it! Deadmau5 has produced some real gems too... although i think he needs to put the brakes on... and remember that "Quality" is much more important than "Quantity". He is on fire at the moment (that's for sure!)... but out of the twenty something releases over the last 3-4 months... over 50% have been basic poor productions. The stunning tunes that he has made do make up for the poorer releases... but once again, less is definitely more in my opinion.

See you on the 16th sunshine! And get locked and loaded with the Bacardi! *känni*
¡ Previous post a couple of years ago !
Quakey

#12 • • Quakey
nice tracklist :D some great classics :) .. downloading ->