looking for some underground clubs!!

32 posts, 2 pages, 11,597 views

M1chel

#1 • • M1chel
Hi folks,
I'm looking for some places where to listen and dance some wicked tech-house, minimal techno, idm, electro house, breakcore, drum n'bass and other kind of underground electronic music..

I'm studying here in Helsinki till september but I got bored to go always to those erasmus party with awful music, even if we have a lot of fun.

does anybody knowz some clubs where to hear nice tunes, or some dj's to follow in any location?

thx in advance to everyone ;)

M1chel

--
is not true that videogames affect children.
If Pac-man had affected us as kids now we would all be running in darkened room, eating magic pills and listening repetitive electronic music!

M1chel

#3 • • M1chel
ok, thanks miksan ;) I'll check the calender and hope to find some nice events

anyway, can somebody give me some advise on some good dj's (about the music I wrote before) that usually plays in helsinki? I don't know any of them unfortunately..

--
If Pac-man had affected us as kids now we would all be running in darkened room, eating magic pills and listening repetitive electronic music!

z

#4 • • z
Safest bet and place to start could be The Box nights at Rose Garden. Another worth a check is Jack @ Kuudes linja. Both can be found from the calendar.
M1chel

#5 • • M1chel

miikkah, 28.1.2007 16:35:
Safest bet and place to start could be The Box nights at Rose Garden. Another worth a check is Jack @ Kuudes linja. Both can be found from the calendar.

ok, I'll check them. THX

--

Opulent

#6 • • Opulent
hi,
if you dont mind travelling a little: progression (look under member's list) runs a vgood underground nite called liquidcrystalnights in turku with most of those music styles you've asked about. The only notable exception being dnb.
Check the other thread on dnb nites in helsinki for more info on that stuff

hope this helps (=
M1chel

#7 • • M1chel

miikkah, 28.1.2007 16:35:

Guys, I checked Rose Garden last night and I was really looking for it!!! thx.
it reminds me my italian club where I was PR even if here there aren't the same great dj's from all over the world, but the 2 mens playing yesterday did a nice set and they were skilled BIG UP for them.

even if it's in italian, take a look to which club I'm missing so much *pihkassa* http://www.maffia.it/?q=view/programmi

bye ppl, thx again and next stop will be kuudes linja

--

Niro

#9 • • Niro
Welcome to the club M1chel.
I've been in Finland for some time now, but haven't visit many parties. For now i stuck to Rose Gardens events which happens to be quite attractive.
M1chel

#10 • • M1chel

Ali Catin, 10.2.2007 14:55:
cool...

pastaboys rock!!

looks good linups

yep *aplodit*

@ niro, in RoseGarden I found a nice sound.. I still have to check kuudes linja, but I wait Jack nights.. unfortunately I missed the first. I can't never find people who likes this kind of events and want to join me*nyyh*
tomorrow I think I'll try "funny goes to hollywood", I don't remember the name of the party but it seems they're gonna play some idm and I want to see how it will be..

--

Progression

#11 • • Edited Progression www.LiquidCrystalSounds.com
Hi!

I hope ur getting into the swing of premiere night finding in HKI. Its often hard to find a specifically tailored night in Finland. One thats either truely underground or fits one specific sub-genre of music. Most club nights are usually run in manufactured clubs. By that i mean specifically decked out with plush furniture, carpets etc. U know... the city nighteries. They are pretty ok in HKI etc... but there are very few "Underground" nights in... if none. Thats if u class "Underground" as a kind of sub-culture or "Warehouse" style event.

Nosturi and the Cable Factory will give that "Tougher" rugged underground feel. They are usually the host venue's to bigger events... :) But, keep on looking and especially asking. More will come ur way for sure and u'll find the places that appeal to you...

Good luck...

Progression.

PS: Here is a link to my own (& Ali Catin's) ´Semi-Underground´ event... except its 165km away *nauru* in Turku! But... you never know...

Liquid | Crystal | Sounds pres. :: "Movement"
M1chel

#12 • • M1chel
thx man for the advices.. yes, probably you're right about the helsinki's club scene. It's not bad, I like to go by clubs but I hope to find what I'm looking for.. for exemple the Entropy party in a park was really nice, even if there were very few people.

Unfortunatly I can't be at your djset 'cause it's quite far for me turku.. and I have a party here in helsinki saturday, but maybe next time I'll be there :D

thx man

--

M1chel

#13 • • M1chel
hey guys, what does it means when there's written "ilmainen" instaed the price of the event in the kalenteri?

--

laite

#14 • • laite MastahWankah

M1chel, 28.2.2007 18:15:
hey guys, what does it means when there's written "ilmainen" instaed the price of the event in the kalenteri?

It means there´s no entry fee.
M1chel

#15 • • M1chel
*joo* thx, good to know..

--

Caro²

#16 • • Caro² Fiilis / SESSIONS2

laite, 28.2.2007 18:16:
---

---

It's also "small and intimate" or "something special for a smaller group of clubbers" *joo*
leenuliinu

#17 • • Edited leenuliinu Kenen kaveri

Caro², 28.2.2007 22:35:
---
---

---

---

It's also "small and intimate" or "something special for a smaller group of clubbers" *joo*

Err.. Say what now??

"Ilmainen" is simply finnish for "free entry".

--
Local Underground Helsinki

SPRAIT! @ mbar 18.01.2014 ja 15.03.2014

Caro²

#18 • • Caro² Fiilis / SESSIONS2

leenuliinu, 28.2.2007 23:02:
---
---
---

---

---

---

Err.. Say what now??

Just used to see "no entry fee"-partys to be a bit smaller and intimate. More like a smaller group of friends gathering to listen "their own" stuff. A smaller house-evening, or something like that :)
leenuliinu

#19 • • leenuliinu Kenen kaveri

Caro², 28.2.2007 23:07:
---
---
---
---

---

---

---

Err.. Say what now??

---

Just used to see "no entry fee"-partys to be a bit smaller and intimate. More like a smaller group of friends gathering to listen "their own" stuff. A smaller house-evening, or something like that :)

Like 2 Many DJ's @ Kaapeli? Even though they didn't manage to show up..

--
Local Underground Helsinki

SPRAIT! @ mbar 18.01.2014 ja 15.03.2014

Karski

#20 • • Edited Karski Pomon kätyri

Caro², 28.2.2007 23:07:
---
---
---
---

---

---

---

Err.. Say what now??

---

That's a dangerous thing to say looking back at
the free events held in Helsinki during the last
15 years - including several hard core, hard trance,
and techno parties with 200-500 people :D

I think we should stick with direct translations
and forget misleading connotations.
The nature of the event is usually easily
distinguished regardless of the pricing anyways *justjoo*

--
Paid by the Alliance
to slay all the giants.