This area is too quiet!

67 posts, 4 pages, 41,022 views

XSi

#21 • • XSi
Kolera:

It would be easier to make this english zone as foreign language zone if you would like to have russian zone.

i think it's best solution*ökkö*
Alex

#22 • • Alex Life is shit & it is GREAT!!
a russkim nuzhno pobol'she tusit' v reale, a ne v inete... *heiii*[/quote]

Eto ty sama sebe napisala..? ili kak? *nauraa*
JUST KIDDINGGG! *joo*
*ökkö**super**ökkö*

--
Nähdään helvetissä.. ..kohta ollaan kaikki siellä! *piis**pahis**piis*

henkka

#23 • • henkka
Alex:

a russkim nuzhno pobol'she tusit' v reale, a ne v inete... *heiii*

Eto ty sama sebe napisala..? ili kak? *nauraa*
JUST KIDDINGGG! *joo*
*ökkö**super**ökkö*

I hear you...
*täh*
Blues

#24 • • Blues Koning van Afrika
I think it would be a great idea to use english much more. Looking at the topics in this area, they aren't very interesting and don't have any good topics were you write to. I'm sure there are some a few people here who would rather use english just because, they don't understand this countrys tough language and it would bring more internationality to the rave scene..possibly. Does anyone agree with me?

--
Pictures

Party moeilik en het n oulike lewe

Howdy

#25 • • Howdy Oldie
yo*piis*

--
Käpy vailla vertaa

#26 • • ikj Guest
yo to u too!
Blues

#27 • • Blues Koning van Afrika
I guess not. Well, maybe some day i can speak with people here in my other home language. I got the chance at Hallmark yesterday, meeting a few brits.

--
Pictures

Party moeilik en het n oulike lewe

#28 • • ikj Guest
u can speak with me*hymy*...i like talkin in english! my writing is better in english then in finnish soooo.....
¡ Previous post a couple of years ago !
serotonot

#29 • • serotonot Paul Easy

idi, 18.5.2003 10:35:
u can speak with me*hymy*...i like talkin in english! my writing is better in english then in finnish soooo.....

if so why did you include a typo in your message?

Or do you have more incorrect words in your finnish posts? *vink*
Karski

#30 • • Karski Pomon kätyri

serotonot, 7.9.2005 14:58:
---
idi, 18.5.2003 10:35:

---

if so why did you include a typo in your message?

Or do you have more incorrect words in your finnish posts? *vink*

Why did you bring this ancient shit up :___D

--
Paid by the Alliance
to slay all the giants.

Android

#31 • • Edited Android
I think ancient things are really fascinating. Sometimes, to be able to understand the future and the present, you have to dig in the past.
nuance

#32 • • nuance cov ops, combat, sunrise

Android, 7.9.2005 15:06:
I think ancient things are really fascinating. Sometimes, to be able to understand the future and the present, you have to dig in the past.

Nice to hear that someone finds totally useless chunks of delete fodder, in fact, fascinating.
Karski

#34 • • Karski Pomon kätyri

serotonot, 7.9.2005 15:36:
---
Tres, 7.9.2005 15:01:
Why did you bring this ancient shit up :___D

---

I am a forum archeologist

This was hardly a finding worthy of bringing
up from the pit. Let us know when you come
across something worthwile. Was Howard Carter
famous because he found piles of useless shit?
No, he had to get himself cursed while opening
the tomb of Tut-Ankh-Amen.

That should set the standard. And don't let the fact
that pharaos never got the hang of forum posting
slow your excavations.

--
Paid by the Alliance
to slay all the giants.

iam

#35 • • iam Studying Inner Paths to Outer Space
I gotta say this international klubitus thing is actually quite important. Hopefully it will grow big too. I know many clubbers here in Helsinki who don't understand our language at all. For them it's almost too difficult even to use the calendar here.

Hmm.. Some buttons in english version are still in finnish.. like reply button.
jaywink

#36 • • jaywink bass warrior
whooo Klubitus is going international *piis* *vink*

nice work, hopefully some non-finnish speaking ppl will slowly find this site..
akira

#37 • • akira Cyber Laser Athletic
three reasons to write this post:

1. I want to support non-finnish-speaking people to write posts in here
2. I want to show that even with unperfect english people can communicate with each other
3. I would be 100% ready to "sacrifice" my maternal language, if in return all the people in the world would understand (speak the same language) each other. Would you do that?

You have to give away something with the equal value to gain something... - Full Metal Alchemist

--
Akira
9000 desibel
M E G A Z O N E

Android

#38 • • Edited Android

akira, 13.9.2005 13:47:
3. I would be 100% ready to "sacrifice" my maternal language, if in return all the people in the world would understand (speak the same language) each other. Would you do that?

No, I find different languages and cultures fascinating. Language is often an essential part of a specific culture and a cultural identity. A universal language is no guarantee we would understand each other better. And even if all the people in the world would speak the same language now, it would sooner or later split and evolve in different directions. (e.g. Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic have all evolved from the same ancient nordic language). I admit, though, that I myself feel no strong cultural identity because of my mother tongue (Swedish). I am just as much at ease with speaking Finnish.

Why sacrifice your mother tongue when you can learn many languages? And if your theory actually would apply, wouldn't it be the same thing regarding cultures? Should there be a universal culture in order to help people understand each other? Oh and not to forget political values...
Stigu

#39 • • Edited Stigu Belgian Chocolate
Reading through the topic, well, you're all right in a way.

First of all, let's face the facts, Finnish is mongst the top 5 of the worlds "hardest to learn" languages, and at least I've personally experienced just how hard it is to figure anything out in Finnish. Honestly I barely even can make out the basic forms of the words form the conjugated sentences Finns keep bombarding me with. Another reason why it's so hard to learn Finnish would be that Fins speak so darned fast.

Also, Finland isn't as friendly to it's international visitors as for example the (in?)famous Swedish and Russian hospitality. Finns are a lot more introvert, and to my experience feel themselves "attacked" quite easily. You couldn't imagine the less then normal, educated and polite answers (if any answers) while asking for directions, or if bus nuber X indeed goes toward place Y and such tha I have gotten so far. It'd be enough to shame sailor.

Yet after all that, I still "believe" in Finland. I think that it has a lot of potential. In my imagination this place could turn into an international technology haven rather easily, and if you wouldn't be stuck with a government that doesn't know wht they're talking about, this place could turn out to be better then Amsterdam ANY day of the week.

All I'm saying with all this is that I hink Finland is still to "afraid" off all that's different to really flourish in the new "way of the world" We are after all, becoming, slowly, more and more of a global village.

A little comment about the relation between culture and language... Both are interconnected on a level that approaches symbiosys. If you'd change the languge, you change the culture. I wouldn't mind it if I could only speak English, but that everyone could understand me. But if I did, I wouldn't be Belgian anyore, just a global villager, or in my case, the global village's fool.

--
trying to figure out what I mean is like trying to push a square brick through a round hole.. eventually it'll go through...

sts

#40 • • sts Sama pyynti aitta!
Hey lets also make an german section... Or what about a mandarin chinese one?