New years.

4 posts, 1 page, 2,876 views

bobbySocks

#1 • • bobbySocks
Im coming to Helsinki for a week at the end of this year with some friends. And we dont know jack. Can anyone tell me what goes on in Finland during the winter break? And where we will be able to find some decent events and venues to visit.

You can mail me at the address ive listed or post to here.

thanks. robert
bobbySocks

#3 • • bobbySocks
Nice. Thanks.

What about Electro or breaks?

Is Helsinki active during the weeks around christmas? I mean, will we be able to find shops and public facilities open? or does the city shut down and people stay home with family?

again, thanks, robert
Individual

#4 • • Edited Individual HYPNO!

bobbySocks, 17.10.2005 20:02:
Nice. Thanks.

What about Electro or breaks?

Is Helsinki active during the weeks around christmas? I mean, will we be able to find shops and public facilities open? or does the city shut down and people stay home with family?

again, thanks, robert

Days before christmas eve in Finland are maniacs on large, when the shopping spree goes around the cities and people are desperatly trying to find last of the gifts and christmas food, but I guess it´s pretty much same in all wellfare countries. On christmas eve the majority of shops shut down about 13 o´clock ( or I must say that every shop ) and on christmas day they are all closed. On boxing day some shops can be open, mostly grossery stores that is.

Bars are open during whole christmas, or atleast I think so. ( Never been to a bar on christmas and never will...)

After christmas all the shops open their doors again with sales and discounts.